Vape Mail from Fasttech

So after waiting 2.5 months, my package finally arrived! Cant wait to build this!

19 Likes

Are you excited yet?
Happy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

12 Likes

I sure am, didnt get a chance to build yet but hopefully later on today
@SessionDrummer Any tips on building this single coil deck? What id diameter would you recommend? 3 or 4 or 5? I did 3 on my supreme v3 but i feel i might need bigger coil due to deck size

7 Likes

See? Toldya you’ll get it.

Eventually

7 Likes

@d00mhammers sometimes more isn’t always more, but less is more. Start out with 3mm I.D. then see what you get. I know some people have the urge to PACK in the largest coils they can. Sometimes I’ve had better luck with 3’s. Lot’s of variables, and there’s no silver bullet for sure. Try some 3’s out and let us know.

7 Likes

The 3mm in the single deck is all about coil placement. I had an simple kanthal clapton and lots of flavor and a bad SS fused clapton (which normally does great in my attys) placed to close to the deck side and really no flavor.
So, I would recommend center it good, middle height and work from there, I found my sweet spot very fast.

8 Likes

Why limit yourself to single coil deck. You have enough battery to run duo coils for more than a day or two. It’s all about ohms of coils you want to use now and the watts you want run at. I use the postless deck and run 0.2 ohms with 2 SS 3.5 mm fused Clapton 2 28-40 5 winds. Run them anywhere between 35 to 55 watts. Much better flavor than any single coil with more vapor being produced. The postless deck should be the stock deck on the V2’S and 3’s.

7 Likes

ya after i lost hope lol. I still have 1 more package in same condition but i guess we just wait

6 Likes

I’ll definitely let you know when i do it. WOuld chimney length negatively affect flavor? Would i be better off using that deck with a chimney reducer on ragnar cause shorter?

5 Likes

Well, I dont like the drain on battery and juice consumption on dual coil, plus I’m a flavor chaser not cloud chaser. I have too much electronics in my crib and worry steam my damage them. I have postless deck as well as mesh deck since i have the advanced kit. I have some quadcore fused claptons SS but i never used them or TC mode

5 Likes

I’ll give it a try, got some pics?

4 Likes

Oh YES, chimney length, and bore can DEF. affect flavor. Adding a reducer doesn’t shorten the length at all, but it can work to compress or saturate the air/flow moving through it somewhat.

This partially dovetails to my long standing rule, bigger isn’t always better. A nice, even, domed chimney “collector” (my term) is the best way to increase flavor (built into the design of the tank, or not), and the shorter the chimney, the more direct, and saturated the flavor CAN be. As chimneys got longer and taller, some flavor sacrifice naturally occurs. I believe that some of these “Mega” decks try to overcome that by having huge build decks, ultra large coils, to try and offset this.

4 Likes

@d00mhammers most times, you only want to use the reducer when needed, like single coils and/or mesh.

3 Likes

so If i want extra storage of juice i sacrifice flavor? Im using 2 chimney reducers on that build

5 Likes

Well, “sacrifice” will depend on you, or the end user’s tastes.

Just because you have a taller chimney in your Ragnor, than I do in my SC RDTA v.1, doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll have less flavor, as honestly the RDTA v.1 is tiny compared to the Ragnor, so unless you’re directly comparing apples to apples, there are no absolutes.

Generally speaking, the shorter the chimney, the shorter the path, and/or more DIRECT path the flavor has to you and your tastebuds. The more INDIRECT it becomes, there are always consequences. NOW, big, small, that will depend, so fear not if you have a jumbo tank.

I’ll let you in on what happened to me when I was chasing the dragon with SteamCrave. Started out on the SMALLEST one they ever made (for DTL), and it was the first. I kept buying newer models when they came out, and most times, they continued to increase in size. Once they started getting gi-normous, I started to notice, that for my tastes, the flavor wasn’t really improving or increasing any more. Doesn’t mean it fell of per se, or got worse.

It’s because of the smaller can sometimes be better rule (my rule LOL), and short chimney length that I still use the small RDTA for my testing.

5 Likes

WEll i will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

By the way, are you a watch person by any chance? Do you know if i can clean my watch with baking soda and vinegar?

3 Likes

Yes I am, BUT, I’ve never heard of BS and V to clean. I either use alcohol or warm soapy water.

4 Likes

Baking soda works great on stainless steel. It works as a fine abrasive to remove watermarks from the thru the door ice and water delivery system ( Bartenders friend) without unsightly scratches.
Vinegar cuts grease and oils. I use it to get the VG fogging off mirrors and glass.

9 Likes

It also works well for cleaning squonk bottles :+1:. It gets rid of unwanted odors etc. Good stuff…

8 Likes

i used it worked like a charm followed by dish detergent

4 Likes