Vape Train Australia (VTA) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

I’ve got to get Vanilla for Pipe now. I’ve been thinking about it and you just pushed me off the cliff.

3 Likes

I hope you enjoy it @muth but as I said earlier I only found it so-so but that is most probably because I don’t like tobacco flavours very much and the Vanilla For Pipe is more tobacco forward than the Black Cherry which I enjoyed far more.

4 Likes

In some ways I’m old fashioned. That is why I shave with safety razors that were manufactured from the 1930’s thru the early 1970’s. High quality. And I use shaving brushes and shaving soap. It may take me longer to shave than most, but I enjoy it fully. It is one of my “mindful me” times. I enjoy the feel, the scent and the supremely close shave. There are some times when I just enjoy pampering myself, even if it is with something that others consider a “chore”.

6 Likes

Well, I’ll just have to try the Black Cherry, too! I do enjoy a tobacco vape. I used to buy NETs back in the day. My favorite was a natural cavendish with a splash of coconut by Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.

https://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/

4 Likes

I would’ve picked black cherry too if I knew about it: the Black Cat for Pipe was just at the bottom of the page and the panther looked cool: I hate blueberry :thinking:

2 Likes

I mixed the final three out of my initial purchase from Vapetrain today.

1/ Butter Toffee Base @ 4%
2/ Chocolate Mouse @ 4%
3/ Milkshake Base @ 3%

The milkshake base has a really off putting smell so I dropped it a bit.

That will conclude my testers for what I bought and I shall post my opinions as soon as I’m able.

6 Likes

I’ve seen that Milkshake base just sitting there begging me to buy it for several orders now and have ALMOST bought it just as many times: thinking how I like the Butter Base and the Pudding Base I figure I should add that to my cupboard too.

But the law of averages makes me NOT add it to my cart because I intrinsically assume if 2 are great, the third won’t be.

Should I add it next order or not bother?

4 Likes

No idea yet as I’ve not tried it but going from what others have said probably.

However I’m struggling to get around the smell. It reminds me of spoilt milk.

4 Likes

That’s alright: in concentrated form, a lot of flavours stink like shit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping as the concept to me is interesting.
I left it to last to test though!

3 Likes

Well you just feel free to let us know once you’ve tested it :slight_smile:

I was meant to update my notes as I tested them as they steeped, but I’m so easily distracted I forget to come back to them.

Plus, I figure even if I don’t get back to updating those posts for 6 months, I’ll come back with a pretty solid knowledge of the flavours by then so why worry about anally retentive OCD note-keeping shrug :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I also use an old fashioned safety razor :razor: I like the fact that I can completely disassemble it for cleaning and like you say for an extremely close shave. I also have a beautiful Victorian cut throat style open razor that has a mother of Pearl inlaid handle in its original leather bound solid case and a leather strop that hangs up to sharpen it with, I still occasionally use it when the mood takes and it’s very accurate for shaving around the moustache line.

3 Likes

I would like one of both: just to escape the endless cost of disposables.

2 Likes

Like I say, I am not a big fan of tobacco flavours but the Black Cherry is very reminiscent of a pipe tobacco that I used to use back in the day and I find it the nicest of the Inawera tobaccos that I’ve tried. I do have a tobacco N.E.T. by a reputable company called Drakes Of London and it’s a very mellow cigar flavour which I don’t mind in a MTL setup.

2 Likes

Love the Butter Toffee Base. I use it a lot for regular butter flavors. It’s just so creamy buttery and smooth. 4% might throw you off, Idk. It’s a strong butter, just fyi.

Chocolate Mousse was my first choco flavor because I never trusted them…but I was not disappointed. If I thought it tasted like a good chocolate and I don’t do many chocolate recipes, I figure it must be good. It’s a medium choc, a little dark, a little milk.

5 Likes

Sweet straight. Sometimes a special time deserves a special razor and it sounds like your straight is wonderful. My special DE (Double Edged) razor is an early 1930’s Gillette New in superb condition. My daily drivers are Gillette Super Adjustable Long Handles (called Black Beauties 109) from 1969, 1972 and 1973. All are in darned good shape. Something about doing it the “old fashioned” way makes me smile. Glad you are enjoying yours.

4 Likes

Also sold in Canada :canada: and here’s a pic with a couple mods so you know it’s mine. Expiry date December this year :+1:

4 Likes

I see a nice treacle tart and maybe a suet pudding on the cards in your house then :wink:

5 Likes

Suet pudding is one flavour that we don’t have in concentrate form even though we now have crumble topping, pie crusts and cobblers. I would love to be able to to make either a jam or treacle suet pudding e juice or jam roly poly and custard.:thinking:

5 Likes

These are the things you do not hear mentioned over here. Suet pudding? I know what treacle is because of a recipe I googled but…blood pudding, kidney pie…oiy, what an image! And just the mention of suet brings memories of birds fluttering around the suet cage. Why not get technical and call it a renal roll? :rofl:

3 Likes