Vape Train Australia (VTA) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

“Favorite vanilla”…that’s what I’m trying to create, a layered vanilla cake (people call it wedding cake) with a hint of butterscotch on the exhale. At least, that’s in the description. It’s very subtle. But something is making this vanilla pop and it ain’t more vanilla because that would probably wash it out. I need to find the right cake flavor to add.

7 Likes

I am right there with ya @muth, always looking for a favorite vanilla or a combo to get were I want it. Right now it is INW Shisha Vanilla for the smooth vanilla pudding-esqe part, WF Tahitian Vanilla for the rich and a little darker part and TPA Vanillin to give both a boost to stand out more in a mix. Pretty happy thus far with that combo in a Nilla wafer recipe, it goes well with the wafer and hoping 8 versions later I wind up with a final.

As far as VTA they have a lot of flavors I flat out love. If your making a pudding it doesn’t take much of the pudding base to finish it off. The milkshake base does wonders too, just dont go over .85% or it can be overbearing, I like it around .50% in a mix but a friend would kill me if I backed down off of .85% in the strawberry malt he vapes all the time.

A lot of excellent flavors from VTA but they can get weird if pushed too high. I just got there Raw Sugar and Scorched Caramel really interesting smelling flavors I have yet to use.

9 Likes

Nice! Need to add the WF and TFA to my list.

Feel free to hit me up with the recipe…
(Too subtle?) lol
I love Nilla wafer pudding!

4 Likes

The WF Tahitian Vanilla is one when I pass the bottle I stop and give it a whiff, I have given it the Corona for sure :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I love the WF Tahitian Vanilla cream. Breaks my heart I can’t seem to make it work with oranges. Just started some orange testers with the WF Vanilla cream extra, fingers crossed.

6 Likes

Oh, that one is like TVC on steroids, love the smell but so hard to work with, @anon70102222 shares my frustration. So far I have learned it will work well at .25% as an additive but haven’t been able to make it work as a main note. If you figure it out I will make an artist’s rendition of a crown and have Phil Fish make it so :grin:

4 Likes

Creamy Custard (VTA) 4% (5-10-20) – Having just tested VTA’s Banana Custard, I immediately could tell this was very similar to their BC. Almost identical, with maybe a smidge less banana. So for the purpose of this flavor review, it’s not that this CC is bad, it’s not bad, it’s just really more of a Banana Custard, reviewed above. As a Banana Custard, it would receive the same rating as above of 8.5/10, but as a NEW Creamy Custard, would have to down vote to 2/10. For an indepth review of this, reference VTA’s Banana Custard.

9 Likes

Creme Brulee (VTA) 3% (5-10-20) – The first thought I had when vaping this was, “Wow, this one is unique”. Now, that is always a good sign (most times, hehe), and it was in this case. I did not get any rich custard from this one, which is expected in CB’s. I did get a very interesting vanilla cream of sorts, with some caramel, and something else, which was almost impossible to identify, which I believe was the burnt sugar element. Continued vaping never revealed any real custard notes, but the caramel and vanilla were soo good together, I’m not sure if I missed it. Sweetness was fairly low, and overall at this testing weight, it was fairly light, yet still satisfying, so you could go higher. I was so intrigued by the mystery (burnt sugar) note, I started searching around, and found one reviewer that swore it was a very light Anise. I think he’s right. If you’re looking for a heavy/rich custard based CB, this may not be for you, but if you could use a lighter, creamy vanilla, with an excellent caramel thrown in, with some interesting burnt sugar notes, you will like this one. As an “interesting” flavor, I’d rate it @ 9.8/10, but as a Creme Brulee, I’d have to mark it down for the missing rich custard @ 7.2/10. I would still recommend this one, even with the light/missing heavier custard notes.

10 Likes

Croissant (VTA) 4% (5-11-20) – This is another one that I’ve mixed with quite a bit, and hadn’t done a SFT on, until now. Let’s just cut to the chase, this one is GREAT. Review over !!! Kidding. Alright, starting off, I never really got the buttah ovaload that some people seem to get from this one, BUT, it’s still in there. Perhaps the delicious bakery elements with their slight sweetness pared it down a bit. Needless to say, this tastes JUST like a buttery croissant. I teetered between testing at 3-4% and settled on 4% as it appeared to not be the strongest of flavors. Flaky might be an overstated aspect of this one, but you can almost taste it none the less. A buttery, flaky croissant really IS, what this one is. It leaned somewhat higher on the sweetness scale, but still mid level or lower, and while not pushing the sweet ceiling, maybe it could be a smidge lower, but THAT, is about the only takeoff I can find with this one. The bakery clearly favors croissants, so it wont have as broad of a usage as compared to a more generalized bakery. Either way this one should be a MUST have from VTA if you are even remotely interested in a croissant. 9.8/10 with very minor takeoffs for slightly higher than expected sweetness.

12 Likes

Chocolate Mousse (VTA) 3% (5-11-20) – At first when smelling this in the bottle, I thought, “Ehhhh, smells similar to TPA Double Chocolate Clear”. Well vaping it, revealed a WHOLE lot more going on here. Smelling it in the tank, I almost get the same kind of notes that I get from Flavorah Marshmallow, which is a darker, almost malty profile. Now, enter the chocolate, which is almost a mixture of a darker chocolate with maybe some creamy pudding in there as well. It’s hard to completely explain but those are the main notes. It actually surprised me as to how good it actually was. Perhaps some lighter/airy aspects that you would expect from a mousee, but subtly so. The Chocolate which heads towards bitter, isn’t actually bitter, but leans towards it, and although darker, does have some mid/lighter choco notes in there as well, so this is shaping up to be more complex that it appeared initially. Chocolates very often suffer from just plain bad tasting, to dry, and/or overly dark which leads to burning and scorched coils. This one exhibited NONE of those characteristics at all. It was actually fairly rich and full with low sweetness @ 3%. I can see a lot of uses for this one, because of it’s dark, mid, and lighter notes, with no bitterness or dryness. I got absolutely NO off-notes, nothing chemical, or any “band-aid” in this one. I’m surprised it hasn’t received more attention. Summarizing it up as a fairly complex chocolate, with dark, mid, and high notes, with some pudding elements thrown in, that just really works. Def. going to drain the tank on this one. Solidly a 9.75/10.

7 Likes

Allrighty, Coffee Liqueur next! :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Coffee Liqueur (VTA) 4% (5-12-20) – After JUST testing VTA’s Chocolate Mousee, I can tell, it IS in this one. It might be an exact split 50/50 of something very much like their CM, and a coffee. The coffee profile is somewhat bold, but not overly dark or bitter. Def. not an espresso, and I think as a coffee/chocolate pairing it works really well here. Sweetness is low, which is always good, and just enough to keep things rolling. Neither the coffee nor the chocolate steals the show, which should allow for wider usage. With no off-notes, this one could actually be vaped solo, as it’s got just enough to keep you interested. Another winner from VTA, and with no faults except maybe a little missing “punch” from the coffee, it feels good at 9/10.

7 Likes

A great representation of what you can do with VTA’s Coffee Liqueur can be found here …

8 Likes

IMO it’s the best butter available. You will not regret it and it’s very versatile.

4 Likes

Fizzy Sherbet (VTA) 3% (5-13-20) – Sherbet, Sherbert, Sherbet Powder ?? !!! It really depends where you live, as to which of the preceding you know. In the US I’ve heard more commonly Sherbert, but in the UK I learned they have Sherbet Powder. With that said, this one is a smart, almost sparkly, fresh, punchy vape. I immediately was reminded of an almost Sprite like, high end punch I got from a Vape Kitchen Pineapple vape. I wonder if this was it ?? !!! This one almost has a sprite (soda) like bright punch that carried throughout the entire vape. It did lean above average mid sweet, but as expected. It was very hard to tell if there were any specific fruit profiles in here, but it def. leaned towards a lemon lime-ish with perhaps some pineapple maybe ?? It was very hard to tell definitively. Now as far as the fizz, it’s more fizzy-like, and it did impart an almost tingle at times. I’ve used this one countless times and (lazy) never got around to singling it. Now that I have, I’m even MORE impressed. For a fizzy (tingly) bright, lemon-lime (maybe a pinch of bright pineapple), that leans forward on the sweetness, this really excels. I have had great success with my Pineapple Soft Serve with this one, and I can see it being a real go to, for a lot of mixers, and mixes. No off notes, no deductions I can think of, even with it’s higher than normal sweetness. Punchy, bright, it just works. 10/10.

9 Likes

Thank you. I have the Butter Croissant on the way. I have Butter (FA) so I thought I’d wait before getting another butter flavor but now I know what I’ll try when FA is used up because it has to be ordered overseas now.

5 Likes

Glazed Strawberries (VTA) 4% (5-16-20) – Here is another one I’ve used countless times, but never solo’d. First impressions, were an almost sparkling Strawberry. Not as full as many other SB’s, but had a bright top end, and did actually (almost) portray a “glazed”-edness. At 4% it was actually somewhat subdued, and could be used much higher. Although billed as a “glazed” it wasn’t sickly sweet, like I had anticipated. No lip smacking sweetness in this one. The SB leaned towards ripe, but had a lot of fresh in it too. Because it seemed to excel at the bright top end, don’t think it will be the main note often, but supporting absolutely (that’s how I’ve used it). Nothing off-putting, mid sweet, punch top end SB. Marking down a few for reduced presence at this testing weight. Good mixer @ 7/10.

8 Likes

Golden Syrup (VTA) 4% (5-16-20) – This one proved to be quite the interesting one, and a somewhat hard one to describe. It starts out as a mid-dark syrup, and ends with almost a touch of butter. It has qualities of a maple syrup, BUT, without the maple. It’s got some qualities of honey, BUT, without the honey. Confused ?? Good, me too. I guess the simplest description would be maple syrup minus the maple, but it still seems more than that. Full bodied, with NO florals, and the finish sure seems like a touch of butter, but it’s low enough to almost stay off the radar entirely. I was actually very surprised that it was only mid level sweetness. Because it’s fairly neutral, i.e. not honey or maple, and it’s surprisingly lower sweetness levels you will get a lot of mileage out of this one, adapting it to your needs. Full bodied keeps coming to mind, while vaping it, and that def. keeps it in the mid to mid-dark bodied category. All in, this one was a surprise, and having never vaped a syrup before, I’m glad I did. Lot’s of uses for this one. VTA did a great job capturing a “syrup” but with any honey, or maple notes, yet still true to it’s namesake. Karo maybe ?? Kind of … Lots of uses for this one, and leaving it at 9.4/10.

9 Likes

WOW Great timing with this review @SessionDrummer, I have a recipe in the works that needs a syrup and I think I may have just found it,
Cucumber syrup here we go!

3 Likes

Holy Moly @Rocky02852 that sounds very interesting.

I have to admit, I was hesitant to dose up a big tankful at first, as I was expecting to get face slapped by either a honey derivative, or a maple, BUT, there was neither. It sits RIGHT in the middle of the darkness scale (profile), and has interestingly enough QUITE a bit of body or fullness to it. I’m not sure what Cuc you’re going to use, but I might have to try it. Thank you.

3 Likes