Vaping with a Cold

I know I once saw a post about an e-liquid recipe which was supposed to be good if you have a cold. For the life of me I can’t find it now that I need it. My sinuses couldn’t be fuller nor throat sorer but I want to vape!:mask: Suggestions anyone? Chinese mustard is great for clearing sinuses but I can’t vape that… what’s a girl to do?:astonished:

4 Likes

If memory serves, I think that was @Pugs1970’s Cobweb clearer.

6 Likes

Try a mix of Menthol and peppermint. Max 10% menthol but adjust to taste. Maybe 4% Peppermint and up to 2% marshmallow if you like…

2 Likes

Most cough syrups contain VG. When i have a blocked nose exhaling through the nose sometimes clears it. Menthol, camphor and such things could be beneficial i guess. I recommend chilies, a good spicy curry always helps with a cold.

2 Likes

:+1:

The Cobweb Clearer

Ingredient %
10% Menthol 2.5
Koolada 10% (TPA) 2.5
Peppermint (TPA) 5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 5
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 2

Flavor total: 17%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
6 Likes

Thank you one & all! Menthol, Koolada, & Peppermint are all flavors I keep on hand for liquids I make for friends so I can mix up something. May try something with INW Chocolate Mint, Koolada & menthol; what a sweet way to deal with a stuffy nose!:mask:

4 Likes

I have used this simple mix by @Ken_O_Where , it does the trick for me! :smiley:
Glad to see you @HoneyGram57 ! :grin:

Ice Ice Baby! By Ken O'Where

Ingredient %
Extreme Ice (FW) 10
Koolada 10% (TPA) 2
Menthol (TPA) 3

Flavor total: 15%

6 Likes

Or try a hot toddy vape - Brandy FA, Lemon Sicily FA and Honey FA springing to mind! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I made a mix with fa honey, fa lemon sicily, and fa black tea and it tastes like a lemon honey cough drop. My first thought was “I could vape this when I’m sick!” :grin:

7 Likes

Great minds eh! Sounds like a winner to me :grinning:

3 Likes

Is there much of a difference between the straight menthol and peppermint flavors available? (besides the potency obviously).

Oh, I do love a good hot toddy, never thought of making a vape of it though. Thanks!

4 Likes

Yes there is a difference, as my friend clearly pointed out to me when I used peppermint in effort of making her a menthol cigarette type vape! This was my first attempt as I normally don’t do tobacco vapes.
To me FA peppermint taste like a candy cane and the only way I can describe their menthol is “cool” like breathing in super cold air, it doesn’t really have a taste to me. But remember, “taste is subjective”!

2 Likes

Agreed. Menthol to me is like the menthol in a cigarette, or if you haven’t smoked menthols, the herbally kind of menthol you’d get in a vicks cough drop. Peppermint is like peppermint candy or gum. They’re both “cool” and minty but one is like medicine and the other is like Christmas. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m talking about if there is a noticeable difference between the different brands of the same flavor… ie cap peppermint vs tfa … or fa menthol vs fw.

Can’t say with the peppermints, but menthol will likely be pretty much the same across the board. AFAIK, it’s all made from menthol crystals. You can get some crystals and make your own menthol if you want ultimate control of the strength.

Gotcha… that makes sense about the menthol… I didn’t think about that… Thanks :+1:

1 Like

I decided to have another try at a fire and ice mix and made this up ,it is still private for now until I see how it turns out.It should clear the sinuses right up!:flushed:

The Atomic Punk

Ingredient %
Cinnamon Red Hot (TPA) 5
Extreme Ice (FW) 5
Koolada 10% (TPA) 2
Mixed Mint (INAWERA) 1.2

Flavor total: 13.2%

4 Likes

Another one i like to vape is:

Honey Lemon Menthol

1% Lemon Sicily (FA)
.15% Honey Bee (FLV)
2% Menthol (10% Dilution)
.25% Eucalyptus Mint (INW)

3 Likes

I need to pick up the Eucalyptus Mint but I may try it with the Mixed Mint for now as I have all the other flavors.
I do like that Honey Bee , it is one of the few Honeys that I like!
Thanks for the share.

2 Likes