Vaping zero nic juice

Hi, I was wondering just how many of us actually make zero nic juices or super low like 1mg.
I have been stepping down my nic pretty gradually since this summer about every 2 weeks I’d drop it down a mg. I was vaping 12mg/ml for what seems like forever now I am around 4-6mg/ml vaping ,sub ohm which I rarely do anyhow with any lower ohm under 1 , I will do like 2-3mg. But for the sake of this post I was wondering if anyone has actually made the switch from vaping nicotine to now are fully nic free and still enjoying it for the pleasure. I’d like to hear from you. My goal is to be around 2mg or none at all come the first of the year. I’d like to get off nicotine.

6 Likes

I’m not there yet. @ringling suggested a step process that I have been using. When I started vaping I was @ 24mg nic… now I’m at 4mg. Every couple month all mixes I make that month is 1mg less than the prior months. I haven’t noticed any nic cravings using this method.

5 Likes

I vape 0mg a lot, more than i vape 3mg. When i need some focus i grab the nic juice otherwise it is 0mg.

5 Likes

Not quite there yet, started at 24 and down to 4 now. Heading in the right direction.

3 Likes

Almost there…I was at 3mg…now all of my juices that I am making for the future I am making at 1.5mg

4 Likes

I’m at 2, I could probably go to 0 if I wanted to. If I go somewhere I never take any vapegear with me and have no problems not vaping. I suppose I still put nicotine in my juice for A the placebo effect and B I’m Dutch and I’ve paid for the stuff so might as well use it up :grinning:

4 Likes

I thought about doing this but then thought, risk/reward. I mean we still do not know everything about what we vape outside of the nicotine, so if I’m going to risk the unknown I might as well get something out of it…that something being nicotine :wink:

As far as my personal nicotine level, I just make 500-1000 mg of base at a time and the base is 6mg. So depending on my flavoring %s, the finished result is anywhere from 4-6%. I probably should step down to a 4 or 5 mg base, so I’m around 3% but the math to make 6 mg is a lot easier for my set up

3 Likes

I was at 18mg when I started… down to 3mg now, but I’m kinda scared to go lower. Smoked for 40yrs and just so afraid to start feeling that almost uncontrollable urge to smoke again. I’ll garner up the courage somehow soon though. I don’t want to HAVE to go 0 nic. I want to do it by choice.

5 Likes

Thats right its YOUR choice!:hugs:

4 Likes

I don’t have any problems with nicotine and no desire to go 0mg. That’s like drinking decaf coffee…what is the point? I mean, I love coffee, and if decaf was my only option I’d drink decaf rather than go without. Same thing for me. I like my nicotine, and until it gets to the point that it’s not feasible for me to get it anymore, I’m sticking to what I like. Nicotine is less ‘harmful’ than caffeine and I happily ingest a good amount of that every day. LoL

I was stepping down only because I was worried it wasn’t going to be available soon. I’m at 2.5mg, but I kinda wanna go back to 3. Not much of a difference, but easier to write on the bottles. :wink:

5 Likes

I really don’t want to go 0 nic either. My main concern is the FDA and the BS that is coming. If I have to go 0 nic I want to know I can do it. I feel in the future nic will be harder to get or need some type of dealer credentials like in NC. They might have some type of crazy ass tax costing me twice the price. I hope none of this happens, but if it does, I want to be prepared.

2 Likes

I’m usually at 3mg, but at 8mg when I use my nautilus - haven’t changed that in a long time :smile:

2 Likes

There trying the bs over here in the uk. There on about restricting us to only 18mg strenth and only being able to buy nic in 10ml bottles.
Ridiculous!

2 Likes

Hello my friend I can’t believe my eyes ! How are you. I thought of you often hoping life is treating you well. I remember you saying that you’d dropped way down. Glad to see you back !

1 Like

Thank you. That is basically what I’ve been doing. Every few batches I step it down. I haven’t noticed any cravings either which is basically what I want to tell ppl if it is their goal.

I would at least like to get to the point of very very low Nic juices it’s just a personal goal.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your replies !

That’s how I feel Alisa thank you for your reply. I just don’t want that urge to ever come back.

Thanks @JoJo it’s nice to know so many of my regular friends are as low or lower on mgs than me gives me motivation I can do it ! I want to try and get off of it if I can. We’ll see :kissing_heart:

1 Like

One thing I have noticed with my recent equipment purchases. These mods and tanks are getting so efficient that you get a lot more vape as the equipment improves. When I vape some of my older steeped juices (5 or 6mg nic), I feel the nic level is too strong. I get a sickly feeling and I have to back off. Stepping down is also offset by better equipment. It take a lot less nic to get a satisfying vape with my new equipment.

4 Likes

I’m at 1 mg. also. Two major concerns:

1. I’m hoping that unflavored nic absence should not be detectable in mix?
  2. Nicotine | Psychology Today
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/nicotine
    Psychology Today
    Nicotine acts as both a stimulant and a sedative. Immediately after exposure to nicotine, there is a “kick” caused in part by the drug’s stimulation of the adrenal …

Kind of like the kick portion in the morning and the calming effect. Wonder if I require conscientiously or unconscionably both?

2 Likes

Started off vaping December 2014 at 18mg very early on realized this could easily work to get me off cigarettes so by months end set a goal to be nic free by December 2015. I stepped down some almost every month, some months by .5mg and sometimes 2-3 mg at a time. I got down to 6 mg very easy with no cravings at all. When I tried to get below that I struggled with it. My next step was better tanks and going just below 1ohm to .8ohm and was able to step it down to 3mg. My next decision was to make my favorite juice in 0mg nic and keep the others at 3mg. This has worked great for me so far. Last night I was mixing juice and decided to do my 2 favorite juices 0mg and the rest in 2 mg. What I am finding is I still grab my favorite flavors most often unless I get very agitated about something and then I find myself grabbing for the tanks with nicotine, several puffs on nic juice and a little time to calm down and right back to my favorite flavors with 0 nic. I would say right now 60% or a little more of my vaping is nic free. I am still planning to be nicotine free by the end of next month but for now I consider this a win so far.

4 Likes

wow, glad to see most of you lowing your nic. I was surprised to see alot of you reg. have low nic. Now sence I started DIYing I like the 1-2 mg. Mostly one. I vape all day, 1-05 just take the edge off. I was surprided to see my blood work levels on nic. it was 175ppm. That’s a ave. but smoker levels. I think that half of that is handling of the ejuice on skin.

1 Like