Vapor Flask v3 Clone

I hope it’s not a reoccurring issue. I’ll take one replacement, but when the next one goes, I’ll ask for my money back.

If it happens at all, you might want to email Doris at Focalecig and let her know, you too, are having issues. Better to be out in front with getting a replacement if that happens.

Ok so it has happened again …but I think I know what is happening here . So I opened up my lemo to see how my coil was looking and my post have come a little loose …so what I have figured is that my resistance keeps jumping and the chip can tell so it won’t fire …hopefully

You guys really got me wondering over here. Luckily I haven’t anymore issues and I hope it stays that way.

Now it’s reading 110 f all the time even tho it’s set to 450 …hmm …I’m gonna rebuild and see if that helps

Don’t know any specifics about the Vapor Flask but the M80 which I believe you own one, recommends (if I remember correctly) setting at 420 degrees. I’m willing to bet that there is a temperature limit that will shut it down and not fire. Most likely true with the Vapor Flask as well. Basically you’re mod thought it was running at 600 degrees and shut you down accordingly…

The flask wasn’t being used for a long period of time tho ? So it was overheating or anything like that …it’s weird …then it started working fine . When it works it vapes amazing but it can be frustrating . Other than the temp problems it’s a great feeling little mod that hits hard

open up the top, take the 510 cap off, take the existing 510 grounding loop, remount it below the 510 retaining nut, put it back together & keep you top plate tight. Should be adequate under most circumstance & it is the easiest, cheapest solution. It is also reversible to preserve your warranty…this may be a way to fix your issue without voiding warranty

I have to find the right allen key/driver first. I have an allen that has a little bit to of play on the head of the screw; not good. I don’t want to strip out the screw heads by mistake!

That may not even be the issue but maybe that’s all it is and can save you time and get you vaping on it again .

1 Like

Did you get ahold of Doris?

Yeah I did. I’m in the process of making a video (as requested by her), showing that I’ve put the batteries in the mod correctly and punching through the menu (with the mod plugged in using the USB, cause that’s the only way I can get it to come on, period). I’ve been too busy to get to it. It’s really not a huge thing. I’ve lived without a VW mod up until now, so, what’s a few more weeks or months without one.

It is strange though that the problem happened only when I put my first Ni200 build on the mod. I made sure there was no short on the atomizer. It vaped fine for a while, then nothing. Anyway, I’ll get Doris her video and we’ll see how things play out. I fear, by the time I get done with all this hubub, I will have spent as much on this mod as I would have on, say, a 150w Sigelei, as @daath has suggested.

Being a first adopter has it’s dissadvantages.

1 Like

I hope I don’t end up like this w the ipv4 I had a reflex finger today??? A buddy of mine talked me into it as he was ordering I told him to order 2 !!!fingers x’d

1 Like

See mines still going strong …few hiccups now and again but other than that works great . When the temp control is working it’s great but if it isn’t …get ready for the worst dry hit of your life . So in the end this version of temp control isn’t the best .

1 Like

As @daath said and I do now, this temp limiting thing is in its infancy stages. I was just impatient to enjoy it.

Luckily I’m not having any issues either. I recoiled my Lemo 2, 16 wraps 26g Ni200 2.5 ID @.17 ohms and my opinion has changed. It’s hitting much, much better. Very similar to titanium now.

1 Like

I think it’s truly a matter of getting your coiling right to get maximum flavor . It’s not a mod to just throw around cause if the coil moves even a little the resistance changes I find , then if you dont unscrew your tank and change the res settting your gearing up for a dry pull.

2 Likes

I notice the VF3 goes to sleep similar to a computer. When you fire it, it wakes and ask if its the same coil or new. As long as I hit same I’m not having any problems. I handle it just like any other. And you’re absolutely right about the coils. This build I have in now is firing beautifully. I wasn’t impressed before, but I am now. It’s definitely different from the norm.

1 Like

I was wondering - Have any of you built claptons with a nickel core? It would work, wouldn’t it?

Its so finicky I haven’t tried anything but a regular coil