Variable Wattage Box Mod Benefits?

I see that there is a 510 to USB adapter out there, but still.

It would be insanely slow. Get a good table charger - You can get a cheap Intellicharger i4. I have two mods with built in USB-charging - I still take the batteries out to charge themā€¦ Plus the Sigelei has a magnetic door, which makes it a breeze to change batteries.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you know your stuff daath! Looks like I can get one for $99 through a couple of vendors out there. Itā€™s worth the plunge you say???

Well, you might want to get other opinions, but I am very happy with mine :smile: I havenā€™t touched my mechs since I got it. Which is kind of sad, but not really :smiley: I paid the equivalent of $125 around christmas, so Iā€™d say $99 is a pretty good price! Maybe thereā€™s even discount codes for those shops? :smiley:

$99 for a Sigelei 150Wā€¦I might get you to post me one lol. Like @daath I reckon you wonā€™t look back :wink:

Eciggity w/ ā€œ10percentoffā€ coupon. Sometimes it takes a bit for the product to get out of the middle of the Pacific!

Iā€™m considering the eLeaf IStick as this will be my first mod and I like the plug in recharge. Just not happy with the way my juices are tasting and REALLY hoping this makes a difference. Iā€™ve been building coils on a Taifun GS for several months, a lot of learning, a little cussing, I got it done. :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m also on the hunt for a VW mod. Of course, the one I really want is out of stock everywhere and costs $185ā€¦which is $150 more than I need to spend for my first VW mod.

What Iā€™m wondering is: Have they figured out the ā€œfloating center pinā€ for the 510 connection yet? What I mean is, Iā€™ve had some mods where the spring in the spring loaded center pin went lax after a while due to the spring being heated repeatedly. I would have to stretch the spring out to get the mod to fire properly again. Iā€™m wondering if this is an issue on these newer VW mod spring loaded center pins?

Hi JimK, Iā€™m not a big fan of the spring loaded either. I had a Tesla, had one didnā€™t work real well.
I have one of the 1st gen Sigeleiā€™s with adjustable screw. Iā€™ve tweaked it a couple times to make the attyā€™s set within a hair of flush, my RDA and tanks fit right on without any more adjusting.
I wouldnā€™t trade it for anything.
In fact in a Vape shop other day, looking at the new Sigelei, wife said go ahead, (BIG shock), Noo I like mine and walked away.

When people calculate their uber builds for mechs, they always forget that batteries drop to their nominal voltage pretty fast, especially with high amp load builds. That means that after a short while idle voltage will drop to 3.7-3.8V. But there is another factor - battery sag. The more amps you ask, the less voltage will be. With 0.3-0.4 ohm build VTC4 will sag to 3.3V when idling at 3.8V. So you will be vaping around 30W with your super crazy mega sub ohm build instead of 45-60W you were aiming for. Well, my iStick does the same, but keeps the power delivery consistent.

Mechs are useless, especially for high power vaping. They are a lot more usable with 1+ ohm builds, because sag will be very small.

1 Like

I look at my mechanicals like I would a good cigar. Iā€™m going to sit somewhere and enjoy it for a bit. I may puff on it for 20 minutes or 1 hour. But beyond thatā€¦nah. Battery drain happens quickly with sub-ohm builds, which is where Iā€™ve found my greatest enjoyment. So a little sit down with my mech, maybe a cup of coffee or a beer, enjoy the vape and set it down. Howeverā€¦when Iā€™m using my Sigelei 100w I can take it out on the road, off to a weekend retreat, sitting in front of the TV, you name it. If I have a couple of fresh batteries even on a .3 ohm build and chain vape, I can still get a minimum of a few hours. If I decide Iā€™m done vaping a dripper I can switch to my Orchid, Nautilus, Atlantis, whatever and adjust the watts accordingly. Itā€™s versatile but not limited to a few good minutes of solid enjoyment like my mechs. Whatā€™s more is I can charge a dead set of 18650ā€™s faster than I can drain them. Not so with a mech. That is unless Iā€™m using something over 1 ohm but frankly I donā€™t like putting that on a mech in the first place.

We have tried mech mods and like the ability to have a battery at the ready. That said, I prefer the MVP or my i-stick. The i stick lasts a long time for me, is easy to fire, just nicer. My MVP fell over all the time! Better control over power when charge gets lower. My opinion.

I too have a Istick. I love it for my purposes. As long as I do not forget to charge it at night, Iā€™m good to go all day long. Couldnā€™t be any easier too use either.

1 Like

Yes there is. I have an eLeaf iStick 30w and it works wonderfully on the Aspire Atlantis at full bore pumping out 30 watts but normally use it on around 20 watts.

I can use the same MOD for my Kanger Mini Tank Pro 3 which is not a sub-ohm tank and only needs around 4 volts to run.

Having the ability to vary your voltage/wattage is a godsend as you can have more or less clouds, hotter or cooler vapour, and adjust it to suit your different tanks.

I have not tried a mechanical MOD although I guess the eGo CE series are mechanical mods as they are only at one setting with an on/off button which I understand constitutes a ā€œmechanical modā€.

Once you try a variable v/w mod you will NOT look back!

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen the Istick 30 watt yet. Will be looking forward to it coming to my areaā€¦

1 Like

I totally agree. I too have an eEleaf iStick 30w and I can use it on EVERYTHING! It fires up my Aspire Atlantis beautifully when I feel like lung hits and big clouds, then when I am just using my gear to substitute for tobacco I recently gave up, I go to my Kanger Mini Tank Pro 3 or Aspire Nautilus and can adjust the voltage/wattage to suit. Problem with mechanical MODS (I may be wrong here) is that most of them kick out the same voltage and only drops as battery runs out. I could not use an Aspire CF Sub Ohm mod battery on my Nautilus, whereas I can use my eLeaf iStick 30w on both the Atlantis and the Nautilus, and when I am mobile, my Kanger Mini Tank Pro 3ā€™s.

1 Like

So I just got my I stick 50!! Itā€™s so small , but heavy ā€¦feels well built ā€¦got a lemo drop with it ā€¦feeling a bit disappointed with it so far but I think the stock coil is not my thing 1.1 ohm and Iā€™m used to 1.8ā€¦guess Iā€™ll have to attempt my first build ā€¦it hits like a beast thoā€¦edit. Wow there we go ā€¦found the sweet spot

2 Likes

So here is MHO, with a VW mod, you can vape to taste. I got the Sigeli 150w just for that reason. Will I ever use 150w on a daily basis, I doubt it, but its there just in case. You can have a 1ohm to 1.5 ohm and vape 50watts or you can have .1ohm coil and vape 65 watts. Its all about taste and having the option to do what is best for you. With a mech mod, your stuck with how it vapes. Like on Braveheart, FREEDOMMMM!!! Thatā€™s what you get with a vw mod, IMHO!
Check out ecigitty, I live in BFE Wyoming, USA and I got my order, from Hawaii, in 4 days. Thatā€™s unheard of out in my area.

1 Like

Finally got the 30 watt unit in my shop, but no 50 watt units yet. I have seen them and they are nice. Figured you find your sweet spot. Just a matter of time. If I remember correctly you can build to a .2 ohm coil with the 50 watt unit. Youā€™re good to go with practically any direction you decide to go nowā€¦