Variable Wattage Box Mod Benefits?

The 50 is nice but honestly probably don’t need all that power …yet lol And I broke my Lemo glass already , goblin is in the mail haha it’s tragic tho I was really lovin it . I’ll get replacement from fasttech in the meantime

1 Like

Hmmmm, you’re good to go any direction you decide to go EXCEPT, broken. LOL

1 Like

I’ve learned the hard way myself to just go ahead and order 2 spare glass tanks when ordering the atty the first time. I’ve broken many over the history of my vaping days!!!

Well I have 5 replacement tanks coming for the Lemo and I grabbed 5 for orchid that’s on route as well . I just pray my goblin reaches me before Friday …I can’t just have an aerotank for the weekend

2 Likes

If anybody sees SX mini’s go on sale somewhere, please let the forum know! I’m patiently waiting for a good price!

What I see as the biggest benefit is that I can adjust the flavor, the warmth of the vape and the throat hit. You know how some juices are light and some are harsh and overpowering? You have control of that

1 Like

Eventually I’ll get a VW mod! I’m waiting for the myriad of improvements, daily it seems, of the VW mod to reach some type of plateau. I might be waiting a long time, huh???

Anybody have a smok m80 ? I know the temp control doesn’t work but as a vw mod it’s pretty cheap for 80 watts.

If you upgrade the software the temp control will work just fine on the M80.

So you have one and the temp control works good ? Well I just may have to snatch one up …they are very cheap on FT and I want a second mod so I don’t have to keep switching my setups and flaves

I personally do not own a M80 however my buddy does. After he updated the software his m80 works perfectly. He has had it up and going for a month now with no problems.

Well that’s good to know …I may pull the trigger on one when it comes on Ft in silver

Oh SOOOO true! I find my favourite juices not only taste different from one tank to another but from one mod to another as long as they are different brands. I mean by that, if I had 2 iStick 50w using the same tanks, ohm etc; then there wont be a difference but from one mod of one make to another mod of another make roughly in the same area will change it so much. So I tend to have 3 set ups going at all times when home, since i work at home and each one is for one particiular juice and I rarely move the tanks around from body to body for that reason :wink:

And thats without having issues of OCD. Imagine if someone did have OCD? Its almost painful to contemplate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct me if am wrong but I have never heard of someone STARTING on a mechanical mod? I would have thought due to safety issues, learning about ohms safety, etc; etc; etc would have meant everyone started with a VW mod?
I assumed that a mechanical mod were for only the most experienced amongst us? We all heard about the mechanical mod that blew up last year at a VapeMeet. I gather the person was about to enter a Cloud Vaping contest, or so they thought and his got so hot he threw it on the floor, causing it to explode, creating damage in the ceiling, a hole in the floor and shrapnel being shot everywhere? Hence, I assumed they would be dangerous in the hands of those that dont understand it all… (me a good example of such)…hence that a Vaper would not have veen vaping on a mech mod if he hadnt at the least started on a VW mod?

So am I wrong or are there many out there on mech mods that havent ever at least used a VW version?

1 Like

@ShelaghDB; I’ve used nothing but a mech mod for over 2 years now. I’m one of the old dogs that hasn’t made the move to VW mods as of yet! One day I will, but as I’ve said before, I am not a “first adopter” kinda person. I’m waiting for the myriad of VW mods to come to some type of evolutionary stand still. Til then I’m happy with my old mech mod.

There is a safety factor in using mech mods. If you don’t follow the rules, you get burned…literally!

1 Like

I did start out using an Evod battery and tank. But, that lasted for about 2 weeks. When I took a vape on one of my friends Dripper set ups with a mech mod, that pretty much made me throw away my Evod stuff and start the mech mod and twisting my own coils journey. I had really good teachers; safe teachers, not showy teachers!

Aha! Got it!! Now I understand! Sighs, I wish you had been my teacher. I had ONLY store owners to teach me and I have developed a not so pleasant opinion of many Vape Stores due to it. I perfectly understand the need to be a business and make money. Got it. BUT in their search for money, too many are being given the wrong information, sold last years devices at top premium dollar and led towards one gear instead of another that would be right for the person and so on.

I wont bore anyone with the story but suffice to say, both my husband and I were angry enough at the store we were dealing with and almost threw all our gear away last year, for having left us frustrated with what turned out to be the most minor problem and fix of all but instead of helping, teu kept selling us new stock instead.
I dont hold a high opinon of them where newbies areconcerned.

Some might say, but its up to you as a consumer to research your product but for anyone over 40, most of us as smokers did not have You Tube Videos on how to smoke a cigarette, or how to roll a joint. We didnt have groups of smoking enthusiasts or go online to discuss our favourite tobacco so as a newbie when we began, it never occurred to eitiher of us to even look online for information about e-cigarettes. I never thought about there being groups online about it and so on.
There werent grouops online, growing up discussing how to make this drink in a bar or that one. Everything was done in person and although i use a computer 24/7 and am very good with them, it still did not occure to me to look up anything to do with Vaping, altough i didnt even know it was referred to as Vaping when I began. I just thought they were, simply, e-cigarettes.

I would have saved myself a hell of a lot of money, time, frustration, and worse, most of all, having to come onto online groups once I did know they existed to re-learn everything the stores had led me to believe, incorrectly and its no fun trying to learn things when you are ready to do it and must wait 3 hours for an answer, let alone 12.
Yup, sure could have used one of you in person when I began. :wink:

Plus, I would have had someone to point me in the right direction of good Vape groups, when I didnt realize they even existed.

I cant begin to imagine how many potential Vapers have walked away not being taught properly who also would not think to look online ;(

1 Like

Oh, my wife and I ran through a couple of dodgy vape shops as well. Then we landed on a good one that wasn’t really interested in just taking the money. The owner was free with info about online information and where to go to buy certain things that they didn’t or couldn’t carry in house.

Have a question? Start a topic on the ELR forum and you will get answers.

1 Like