Very newbie question

Hi guys I’ve only been vaping for a few months and love it! I’ve recently bought some pre mixed vg/pg at 85/15 with 2mg of Nic mixed in and only 3 cap flavors strawberries & cream , vanilla cupcake and vanilla custard, so I just wanted to mix simple flavors for a start to get confidence! So for my first 15ml I’ve put in 8% vanilla cupcake and 2% vanilla custard and my second mix I did 30ml of vanilla custard with 10% of flavor and my third mix I’ve mixed strawberries & cream up at 15ml at 10% I’ve shaken and left for 4 days now and tried today the vanilla cupcake mix doesn’t have much taste, the vanilla custard mix has a real nasty strong taste and the third mix of all I can taste is like strawberry syrup kinda taste does it all need steeping longer or am I just doing it wrong? I just really like the idea of mixing my own like you guys! Hope someone can help

1 Like

My first guess is that you need more steeping time. Sometimes the magic doesn’t happen for a week or more, I’ve heard a month or more sometimes with custards. Unfortunately I haven’t mixed with any of those flavors so I’m not of much help there, but definitely give it some time. And if you can swing it, try getting a few more flavors, too! More often than not, you’ll have better results when you mix a few flavors together. But the way you started should at least give you an idea of how to use the flavors you already have. Good luck, and welcome!

3 Likes

@VapeyMama thank you it’s all gone back in my dark place to steep! I am planning to get some more flavors as I really fancy mixing some milkshakey/icecreamy stuff up I just wanted to get this right before jumping in to much! But I’ll look at getting some more so I can have a play round ps thank you for replying and so fast

1 Like

Pretty new to this myself. I found the vanilla bean ice cream from cap to be a pretty good shake and vape flavour. Mixes nice with apple pie too.

Those percentages also look to be a little on the high side. After you’ve let it steep some more, if it still doesn’t taste good, add a little more VG to the bottle and shake it up. See if the flavor improves. If so, it beats dumping the bottle, and you’ll know if your percentages need to come down.

4 Likes

I just have to put this out there because I’m a little bit obsessed with it at the moment… If you like rocky road ice cream (chocolate, almond, marshmallow), try Real Flavors rocky road flavor. It’s really tasty as a standalone or mixed with FA caramel. :yum:

3 Likes

That sounds AWESOME! I’ll be sure to add that to my list!

2 Likes

I’ve just got that, smells lush, it’ll take a few weeks though apparently…I can hear it calling me from the steep shelf…:yum:

1 Like

Yes, at least two weeks. So totally worth the wait though.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what % did you mix at? I mixed at 7% with 2% fa caramel and I seriously vape it every single morning while I’m having my coffee. I have a dedicated tank just for it. :smile:

1 Like

@VapeyMama and @Hjwindsor there on my buying next to buy defo then @Samsound I will try adding if to strong but will leave to steep longer first thank you all so much guys ps I’ve been buying from the juice cabin (I’m in England by the way) are there others places that come recommended to buy from

I did
8% rocky road RF
2.5% caramel original DX TPA
2% Marshmallow CAP

I’d seen either you or someone else mention the caramel in another thread so had to give it a go :yum::+1:

2 Likes

I asked the same thing last week got lots of really good advice UK flavour suppliers

2 Likes

I’ll have a look now cheers :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Ahhh, your question takes me back a bit to those good ole days pouring batch after batch of my misconstrued interpretations of percentage down the drain. That was before there was an ELR forum and on ECF everyone was still experimenting. Lots and lots of VG and flavors down the drain.

Even when something is good to one person it may still need adjusting until it is tasty for you. I suggest small percentages starting at 1% of anything in any combo and going up or down accordingly. And yes sometimes 1% is too much and especially with FA or INW concentrates and many CAP flavors.

A lot of people on here like CAP V1 Vanilla Custard at 10% but I’m like you and it’s strong and nasty. But I’m not sure if you used V1 or V2. Either one to me is nasty at 10% and V2 at any percent. I use CAP V1 at 1% and .5% in some recipes for a little extra flavor but thats it. As for CAP V2 I had, I poured it down the sink…

1 Like

@Beaufort_Batches I can’t understand that because I really like my custard juice normally! can it be that nasty to an individual’s taste :thinking: Blimey and I bet you guys have heard this a million times I thought this was gonna be easy! :grimacing: But I wanna stick with it, I’ve been reading you can get awesome juices when you get it right

3 Likes

I did another one that you might like actually if that’s your thing…

Pralines & ice cream

Ingredient %
Marshmallow (CAP) 1
Merangue (FA) 1
Pralines and Cream (CAP) 8
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 4
Whipped Cream 2

Flavor total: 16%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

Yummo! Sounds tasty!

You can, that’s why I said start at 1% and go up or down. If 10% is too strong for you then I would suggest going down to at least half. Most CAP Vanilla Custard recipes I have read also have another flavor as well. I’d try CAP Vanilla Custard at 5% with TPA Dulce De Leche at 1% if I were you.

I like Vanilla Custard, I just don’t like CAPs. It’s just awful to me and there are other flavors and recipes I use if I want Vanilla Custard, which is rare. There are so many things past Vanilla Custard that I like better

You just need to be patient and experiment, a whole lot, and you will find your flavor sweet spots and you will decide what flavors you don’t care for. It just takes some time and sometimes, a lot of it. Stick with it and you get there, it just doesn’t happen overnight. Also, yes, mixing e-liquids is not a breeze.

1 Like

it smells amazin, it’ll be a week or 2 though before it’s ready, only did it today :+1:

1 Like