Very newbie question

@Pugs1970 that does sound like something Id like to try pralines & ice cream hell yeah ! @Beaufort_Batches do you think the strawberries &I cream could work with the vanilla custard just until I get more flavors? If so what what ratio’s would you recommend try this at? Ps thank you all guys n girls this site is the biz I don’t normally do forums! But I’m glad I have everyone seem dead helpful

4 Likes

I was the same when I came here mate, thought I knew it all about vaping but I knew bugger all, best forum there is man, very welcoming and friendly, any questions you have just post it up, someone will come along and help :+1:
for the record I love CAP custard, and If I was going to do something with what you have until you get more I’d be tempted to try 7% custard, 5% strawb & Cream, leave it AT LEAST 2 weeks, taste is purely subjective and no one can tell you whether you would like it or not, it’s all trial and error until you find your flavour profile :+1:

2 Likes

Right @Pugs1970 I’m gonna try and get another batch done tonight before I go work! And I’ll try with fingers crossed for these to come right in the end and will not touch them any more just to give them and shake now and again, on the shaking and breathing subject how long and how many times a day should I do this ?

well there’s a few different ways people use to steep, you could sit it in a slow cooker (crock pot) filled with water and put on med heat for 4 hours, shaking every hour, that could give you a good start, or you use a sonic bath if you have one that’ll do a similar thing, some people use milk frothers before hand but in all honesty you can’t beat time, give it 2 weeks at least, it’ll be better after 3 or 4 though, leave it with the lid off for the first few days, give it a good shake every day…
and leave it alone! lol …hardest thing ever :wink:

and leave it alone! lol …hardest thing ever I second that remark! Finding it so hard to let stuff steep as a new starter I want something new all the time!

1 Like

once you get the first month out of the way mate it’ll be plain sailin, make in advance! and make enough!
Search for good shake n vape recipes to tide you over while your creams/custards steep.
I always found a nice menthol is a good S&V and gives a good throat hit but everyone’s different man,
That first month is killer lol :wink:

1 Like

Yep that’s gonna be the hardest thing with me waiting but hopefully be worth it, the only question I have about leaving the top off for a couple of days because I have a low Nic in ml will it be none exsistant after a few days ? and yeah I’ll be in on the hunt for some shake n vape recipes! I’ve been looking at butter cream,Capt crunch berries,dulce de leche,graham cracker,sweet cream,sweet strawberry,vanilla bean ice cream and waffle and the others mentioned earlier there all cap apart from fw Capt crunch berries would this be a good starting point to go off for flavors? and there is a recipe I would really like to try with these in

with regards to leaving the caps off for a couple of days it seems some do and some don’t, I’ve read it lets any alcohol evaporate that might be in the flavours and helps with the steeping, I let them breath for a few days anyway, I wouldn’t worry too much about the nic dropping.
seems like a pretty good list to start, I’d add Bavarian Cream and maybe a sweetener too, Meringue and Marshmallow appear in a lot of recipes that seem to suit your profile, and you’ve only got one fruit so maybe find another fruit flavour you like, like peach or lemon maybe, Banana cream goes well with some you’ve listed. (this is one of my all time favourites)

Cereal Milks by [ ENYAWREKLAW ]

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 1.5
Banana Cream (TPA) 0.5
Brown Sugar (TPA) 0.8
Cake (Yellow) (FW) 1
Caramel (FA) 2
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.5
Ethyl Maltol 10% 1
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 1.3
Hazelnut (FW) 1
Meringue (FA) 2
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 3

Flavor total: 14.6%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Here’s the thing about leaving the top off…

It’s commonly referred to as “breathing” in the DIY liquid community. And it’s typically only done for flavors (or mixes that use one of those flavors) that contain alcohol. Those that don’t have alcohol can even sometimes be used as a shake and vape (SnV). Depending on the particular flavor.

The most important part of the process (especially if you plan on using any “heat method” - be it ultrasonic cleaner (UC), Crockpot, coffee warmer, or whatever) is make sure your cap is left on during the process while the heat is being applied, and leave it on until the liquid has cooled to room temperature. I then add one hour to that, to make sure that it’s completely cool.

If you remove the cap before it’s cooled, you risk losing the aromatics, or volatiles (read as: flavoring itself). The hotter it is, and the longer you leave the cap off at that temp, the more you can lose.

Anyways, once it’s cooled sufficiently, then you can breath it. Some do an hour, others up to 24hrs.
I personally don’t think there’s a “set” length of time that’s proper for all flavors. Simply because the amount of Alcohol in each flavor will vary.

Hope this helps! Good luck! And welcome to the fold!

2 Likes

Many thanks guys I’ll be adding more flavors to the list then lol :joy: Just outta curiosity how many flavors roughly do you guys own? And I’ll let these juices I’ve made already breath overnight then

1 Like

I think the average number of flavors among people here is roughly somewhere between 10-900… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think I have about 80, which I’m quickly realizing is nowhere near enough for me! :joy:

3 Likes

or…you know…this ^

tut…:disappointed:

lol :wink:

1 Like

about 250…300 now I think…

those that I’ll use a fair bit of…

about…9…?

:laughing:

1 Like

86 as of today.

3 more in route as we chat, and at least another 10-20 expected to be added once the labor day sales get going full tilt.

TPA Strawberries and Cream might be good, CAPs Strawberries and Cream, ehh, I don’t like it but you might. I’ve tried them both and the CAP SnC, well, it went in the same place where I put CAP V2 vanilla Custard…:grinning:

1 Like

Ugh. You’re Killin me man. Lol

Anything else you don’t like, I’d be more than happy to have, just to get the particulars down as I continue to wade through the assault on standalones.

1 Like

Well, I have TPA Blue Raspberry, but I use it for practical jokes and cleaner…:laughing:

1 Like

Sold!
Hold onto it… Maybe we can get a trade going when I get a bit further along (to make it worthwhile).

I already know I won’t be using my french toast (Cap)… Still have to try the 1% base that I mixed up for kona coffee. And that was about a month ago, so it should be ready to try… Just have to summon the courage now. Lol

1 Like

I currently have around 1600 or so and not counting dupes, I have not counted since I got that number around spring time. Don’t ask me why? They just build up after a while…

1 Like

CAP French Toast tastes like burning rubber to me, you can have the BR TPA if you really want it. I have others too, I just don’t always have time to use all the flavors I buy and also people and companies in the past have sent me over time.

1 Like