Very newbie question

Honey!..well…honey bee…that might work…?

1 Like

Yes, that sounds nice actually,I think I’ll give it a go myself…:smiley:

2 Likes

ha…erm…you’re welcome…? lmao :laughing:

1 Like

Butter, maple syrup and sweet cream.

@Pugs1970 see? You ain’t gotta be English to not have that. Only Canadians get “shipped with it”. Lol

1 Like

I’d try 3% S&C with 5% VC…

Anytime I mix anything with a creamy, custard or milky type flavor to it Steeping is at the very least 14 days. At the 14 day mark I’ll vape a little to see where it’s at. More often than not it will need another 7 to 14 days to fully mature. I’ve got a couple juices that I just haven’t felt like vaping that are months old. I picked one up and vaped a tank the other day and I was amazed at how much the flavors had matured and melded into each other it was fantastic. I mixed another bottle the next day and have vaped about 20 ml of it since then.

@Beaufort_Batches I’m gonna have a go with the s&c ,Vc in a while I never got chance before work last night! And thanks for putting the pancake man recipe up! I’ve found a recipe on here with loads of decent comments so I’m kinda thinking of trying this one but I may have a crack at that one later down the line just on vapable.com now looking at some

Gpc2012 I thinks it’s gonna be hard for my first steep not to touch but it’ll hopefully be worth it just gonna experiment when I’ve ordered more flavors to keep me busy in the mean time

2 Likes

Yes, I have read that recipe before and I agree with the author that it has no pancake concentrate. I have tried the real Pancake Man juice and I do taste Maple in it, so I disagree with it not having it. But this is like a lot of juices we try and we all can detect or not detect certain flavors. It’s the same example where some people taste Vanilla Custard in a 10% CAP VC mix, I taste strong horrific bad vape nighmares when I vape it… Subjective taste is a term on here that I honestly believe does define this scenario.

1 Like

yeah me to I do like pancake man but it’s got be whatever is right for me,when I’ve made one up then? and tweaking it too my liking I’m guessing? Are the clones all fairly close/ or exact to one person then say another may need to just play around until it’s right for them is what I suppose I’m asking,sorry for all the noobie questions

1 Like

Some are close, some are way off and very few are spot on. For me, I don’t really like cloning,but I do clone from time to time to see if I can hit the mark. I like making my own recipes better. Provided that my recipes are made personal preference/custom, some recipes I have made IMO are unmatched by any commercial e-liquids out there.

1 Like

absolutely this, I went to Vapefest few weeks back, tried a bunch of liquids…NONE…I liked, not a single one, DIY liquid is wayy better IMO too.

3 Likes

Nice 1 guys all this info is fantastic, I think the only reason I wanted to try to clone is because i know what some are meant to taste like until I get like you guys n girls on here that make there own or is it better to just take the plunge and do a few simple recipes when my flavors get here like @Beaufort_Batches and @Pugs1970 said commercial juice doesn’t have a patch on DIY! decisions decisions :thinking:

2 Likes

I’d find a few nice recipes on here and try them first, so you know what you are doing, then once you’ve got the hang of it try a few of your own :+1:
The top ten rated recipes are amazing :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Cheers @Pugs1970 your a star! I’ll do that then and let you know how I’m getting on :+1:t2:

3 Likes

very welcome,do you know how to get the top recipes up? with the ratings tab? …just checking as it slips by some folk

2 Likes

If I’m right you just click on the ratings arrow and it brings up all the top recipes up for ya !

1 Like

Hi guys n girls just a quick update! I’ve now tried my juices that’s been steeping and WOW what a difference time makes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I know they were only basic recipes but I’m really over the moon especially with the vanilla custard which I really thought was going to be binned! So @VapeyMama @Hjwindsor @Pugs1970 @Beaufort_Batches thank you all so much for helping and info, sorry I haven’t been back here sooner (busy at work)I have been on here reading all about mixing inbetween work! I haven’t even had time to order my list of flavors yet but I will be doing shortly! And I have just got my first mec mod aswell so I don’t have to keep trying different juices in my h-priv and trying to run to tank down :joy: ! Once again thank you so much

6 Likes

welcome buddy :wink::+1:

1 Like

welcomebto the amazing world of diy , where nothing is wrong or right just subjective thoughts really but there are some things you could do to help like taking the top 5 recipes that interest you and getting those flaves and making those recipes , this will give you some very nice recipes to have while learning to mix your own , for me i use cap Vanilla Custard V1 anywhere from 1 to 6 percent depending on what im doing with it if im using it to create a base for fruits or deserts ill use at a low percent bc im probably adding another cream or two if i want the custard to be the most domi ate taste ive gone up to 6 percent to rhe range is all over custard needs to steep min 2weeks i like a month , although you should learn how these flaves taste and work i personally dont think they are good individually especially the cupcake or custard but you could take the three and mix them together starting at 5 percent each or start low whichever for me i would look at the notes and take each flave medium mixing percentage and start there mix it up and you have a strwberry custard cupcake oe whatever lol then let steep try and change percentages to what you think keep notes btw 180 flavesvfor me but that not necassary to create good vapes also i suggest buying 10ml in flaves if you can

1 Like

@fidalgo_vapes cheers bud I’m just gonna start buying flavors in 10ml I already have a big list of the stuff I think I’ll like and I’m gonna try out the recipes on here and try and make my own keeping a log of everything and %s just in case I hit the nail on the head and come up with something My taste buds really like :grinning:

1 Like