VG/PG please help!

Need help bought 70/30 already mixed with out nic in it. I did buy nic. I vape 3 nic. Did I mess up buying like this. Please help

2 Likes

Well, what is the final ratio youā€™re looking for? I assume 70/30 since you bought it that way (is that 70VG 30PG?). Truth is, you wonā€™t see true 70/30 this way because most concentrates are made with PG. And, your nic will count towards the final ratio as well. Did you buy it in PG or VG? And what mg strength did you buy?

3 Likes

I bought my nic in PG 3MG

2 Likes

Ah, so your nic strength is already diluted to 3mg. Well, that is going to add a lot of PG since more of your volume will be used by the 3mg nic. A lot us us buy in higher mg strengths (I use 100mg) and dilute it at mix time, to minimize the affect of the nic on the ratio.

Nonetheless, your final ratio will not be the 70/30, but that doesnā€™t mean youā€™ve screwed up, unless you simply demand 70/30. In that case, the only thing you can do is buy separate VG and PG and get your ratio as close as possible.

6 Likes

The nic is 100PG at 3%

2 Likes

NO I DONā€™T DEMAND 70/30 Iā€™ve vaped juice at 60/40 and liked it Iā€™m more about flavor than clouds.

3 Likes

My nic is also PG based. It is the strength I am referring to.

No need to shout :rofl:, I was just saying that you havenā€™t really technically ā€˜screwed upā€™ unless you really needed the final ratio to be 70/30.

Welcome aboard!

3 Likes

Sorry wasnā€™t shouting forgot to uncap.lol Thanks for your time and response. Iā€™ll vape it. Was trying to save money. Itā€™s a learning process.:+1:

5 Likes

Amen, and amen there my friend. The good part is like you said, you will still have vapeable results so your money was not wasted. And coming here was a great idea too, because Iā€™ve learned a lot about DIY mixing here by reading and asking questions that has definitely helped me avoid issues I would have had to learn myself the hard way.

Iā€™m about 5 years in myself, and still learn plenty. This mixing stuff is a lot more complicated than building coils and understanding Ohmā€™s Law.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s Great! Iā€™ve been vaping 5 yrs. Iā€™m making my own coils vaping a rta. Just started making my own juice with premix with nic already added about 3 months ago.

5 Likes

Yeah, I thought the coil building was going to be the Field of Mastery I needed to achieve to be an ā€˜advanced vaperā€™. Well, after Iā€™d built all the fancy jewelry, and could make any coil for any situation with ease, I felt totally confident I could handle this ā€œsimpleā€ little thing called DIY mixing. I just dived right in, cape, tights, and all. And quickly made a whole lot of ugly, sub-par juice that was more suited for drain cleaning than vaping. Talk about a hit to my pride! But Iā€™ve learned a lot and have now gotten to the point of having a lot of ADV recipes ready to vape.

7 Likes

lolā€¦i really appreciate you taking the time to helping me out.
Thank you!

7 Likes

I made the same mistake when i started and bought 12mg nic expecting to make 12mg juice :man_facepalming: You can use it up for testers n whatnot tho but unless using all vg flavoring, u are going to be about a 50/50 mix even at 1mg. Click the max vg box and add your 70/30 base instead of what it vg it says to add.

this is what uā€™d actually get after tinkerinā€™ w/ the calculator using 10%pg flavoring as an example:

Gl to u!

4 Likes

@Redrobin welcome to this great forum

4 Likes

Thanks for your help! Appreciate your response.

5 Likes

Oh dear God what an image.
Quick! WHEREā€™S THE EYE WASH?!!!

6 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

4 Likes

Thank you !

4 Likes

Yes I love the vape family! 99% of everyone are so kind, so helpful and actually do care about you and your health. Itā€™s a beautiful thing. Thanks Vape Fam! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lmao @ 99% aint that the truthā€¦GAWD BLIMEYā€¦

2 Likes