VGV Recipes Released

I recently got a recipe “Showgirls” which was an official recipe from the VGC company, which have posted all of their recipes since going out of business because of the recent flavour ban. I can’t seem to find them anywhere. Can anyone help? Would be most appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

Do you have a link to their website?
(even if it’s no longer up, you can see what was on the old one)

I can’t even find anything about the company that “used to be”…

Are you sure you have the name right? (It sounds like a silly question, I realize…) But I searched “eliquid”, recipe, and others that usually bring up even companies that are out of business. And nothing.

Are you sure this was a major (national) brand, and not some local house liquid?

1 Like

I don’t know to be honest. I came to elr a few weeks ago and the recipes were up, so I’m confused myself. They may have been a small company. One of the guys from the company was on DIY or die, or noted I’m not sure, but he mentioned it then. Thanks for your help though, well thanks for trying anyway.

2 Likes

It’s VGV Official. Sorry. The two recipes I’ve tried are not bad though, so you may want to check them out.

2 Likes

Yep, there’s 5 posted on ELR =)

3 Likes

@Steve68

5 Likes

Thanks mate. I just sussed it myself. I used the wrong name. Your help is much appreciated though. Thank you

4 Likes

Happy to help!

3 Likes

Which just shows what a good person you are. Thank you.

4 Likes

Were there more than that, as in is it worth looking for more?
Their FB profile pic only has 5 bottles

5 Likes

I think those were the only flavors they made, at least when I was still watching vape giveaway shows.

4 Likes

TFA Key Lime contains vitamin E. AVOID. Sub with Flavorah Lime Wedge :wink:

3 Likes

@T-Ristan this is not the first time I’ve heard of this, but I cannot find any mention of that on the MSDS sheet.

CAS #Hazardous Components (Chemical Name)
3. Composition/Information on IngredientsConcentration

• 57-55-6Propylene glycol>=10.0 %
  • 64-17-5Ethyl alcohol0.5 %
  • 8008-26-2Lime oil1.0 -10.0 %
2 Likes

I believe that has been the problem with the dodgy Juule THC vapes, so I would avoid this like the plague. Oils are BAD!

2 Likes

Juul doesnt make thc carts… those “carts” came empty and slackers fulled them with thc oils…
It isnt juul making them. Juuls issues are many, but not the thc issue.

Juul took their product info to high schoolers, Juul only offered 30mg and 50mg nicotine… teens vape them, yes… but ask yourself… where are the parents of these vaping kids?

6 Likes

^^ even the vaping community is miss informed

6 Likes

While does contain what they have listed as VITAMIN E USP LIQ cas 1406-18-4 this is not even close to tocopheryl acetate CAS Number: 7695-91-2

CAS: 1406-18-4 while not water-soluble it is in ethyl alcohol.
CAS: 7695-91-2 is not

@Steve68 yes oils are bad this is not in the same ballpark as Vit e Acetate

I will find a video for you so you can see how they would use an water insoluble compound in a flavouring.

Edit:

6 Likes

You have to go to the component list to see it and the information that t-ristan supplied it incorrect

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/componentlist.aspx?sku_search=339545

6 Likes

I must admit, I thought that it was odd that VGV would use an unsafe flavour, or that TPA would sell one.

5 Likes

And this is a prime example of why Material Safety Data Sheets are designed for use in the TRANSPORTATION and EMERGENCY SERVICES sectors. It’s primarily intended for how to deal with a chemical in the event of an accident or exposure.

/speaking to the general public
MSDS are only a loose indicator for the vaping community. At times VERY LOOSE. One should not depend on them as a sole source of information.

And it ‘pains me greatly’ (to be as polite as fucking possible) to see folks make sweeping statements AND simultaneously leaping to conclusions in such cases where having correct information is so ultra critical.
When such statements are made, you’re showing not only that you have fallen victim to the media’s intent (unfounded fear), but also spread misinformation FOR the media (read as: so they don’t have to, not as in: "on their behalf’), amongst the community they hope to destroy. :face_vomiting:

This is how the DAAP (Diacetyl/Acetoin/Acetyl Propionyl) scare got started…

5 Likes