VSO Flavor Tasting Notes

Muth ty for reminder …I have almost all of his flavors except the Vegetabales and Mints …Ill start adding all notes this week…One thing to keep in mind , Shane is a DIY mixer and he has recently started diluting his extracts so they all are mixed in the 2 pct range … Oh except the Blue berry …Watch out next week for the New Huckleberry :pray::pray::pray:

I do believe it is the only thread , and I would love to have this thread be the only thread on ELR so if you have any of the flavors and want to add Notes Go for it

8 Likes

It wouldn’t be bad if some vendor from the UK starts re-bottling into 10ml.

5 Likes

I definitely want to try the SB since you likened it to RFSC. I really like that one and it’s replaced Shisha for me. Although, I had the original Raw Extracts SB from RFSC which they don’t make anymore. People say that one was better than the newer version.

6 Likes

Then you’ve tried his Espresso? I’m dying to know. I’m about to test a Stixx Mixx coffee soon. I’m still not 100% happy with my coffee vapes. Could be a matter of supporting flavors, Idk, but in my estimation I should have a ‘right on’ top note before embellishing it.

7 Likes

I have tried his Espresso …It is good , im not much of a Coffee Guy …The Espresso I got was undiluted , Shane was kind enough to send me it undimuted bc he knew I liked MF flaves …What I will do is ask Shane what ratio he dilutes it with and create a similar product as he sells on the site. I have heard great things @Marsh8 loves the Espresso

8 Likes

Thanks so much fidalgo :+1:

7 Likes

Like @fidalgo_vapes says I love this one. Had dabbled with coffees before but none made me go back like this one so I do rate this highly.

I have tried it with many different things and it held up nicely.
Vanilla, caramel, peppermint, raspberry and chocolate are some examples of pairings that I have tried with espresso.

The peppermint and raspberry mixes were surprisingly good. Probably my favourites so far when playing with different combinations.

I find it to be one of the stronger ones from VSO, tend to use 1-1.5%

9 Likes

Count me as one of ‘those people’. chuckles :wink:

Anything they offered after the original Raw Extract version of strawberry just didn’t compare IMO.

7 Likes

You referring to the Espresso or the Peppermint and Raspberry?

6 Likes

Hes referring ti the Espresso

7 Likes

Nice! :ok_hand:

6 Likes

So what do you mean by that? How are his flavors made usually? I was looking on his site for info about them but I didn’t see anything about their bases or recommended percentages. Can you enlighten me more? ETA: Der, I found the info.

6 Likes

Hey @fidalgo_vapes I hope you come back to your thread because now I’m getting psyched to try VSO. What a sweet curse. I just bought a load of flavors and thought this would be it for awhile then VSO Espresso comes along. I’ve been looking for the coffee I can wrap my head around. You know how it goes, skunky, burnt or too weak. I like my RL coffee dark so I’m looking forward to this Espresso. Are the only available on his site?

9 Likes

Hey bud…Sorry …Ill be putting more notes up soon…

Vso flavors are Natural Extracted he then diltues the finished extraction with PG . If you watch this video this is similar to how he makes his extracts…

I got the espresso before he added PG …So its is at ita highest concentration think ( medicine flower)

All recommended pcts are on flavor page on VSO site , it is a wide range…SHANES GOAL IS TO MAKE ALL HIS CONCENTRATES SO THEY CAN BE USED AT THE 2PCT RANGE …except the Blueberry …I would say from this point on 2pct wiuld be the Average usage rate…

Yes , except Chefs has some of his flavors…

As for the Espresso @marsh8 and I share a very similar palette , we some how even mix the same thing ALMOST IDENTICAL sometimes . David would beyter to ask about the espresso bc he has worked with it much more and he has the same Espresso you would buy from VSO …

10 Likes

How fortunate to find another mixer with the same palette. Thanks for the tip and I’ll get with marsh8 asap.

9 Likes

Its k8nda cool…A bit freaky i swore @marsh8 at one time had my Computers hacked , we were mixing almost identical recipes on the same days for awhile lol…It is nice though because 90pct of the time we are gonna like the same things…

9 Likes

@marsh8 I plan on trying VSO Espresso because I prefer dark coffee and there’s a commercial juice I liked described as a double shot of espresso with caramel and vanilla. VSO has the espresso in the standalone category. Do you have a percentage recommendation and steep time? Would you say his percentages are accurate for your tastes?

7 Likes

Why have I seen this video before?

6 Likes

Its on YT …Not sure…Might have been posted b4

6 Likes

I’m always telling myself not to buy more flavours as I have enough to make hundreds (if not thousands) of recipes. What happens? Same as you. Just can’t help myself. They should call it the mixers curse. Whoever “they” are.

12 Likes