VSO Flavor Tasting Notes

Yeah, the Espresso is really good. I think I use it in the 1 to 2% range but will have to check my calculator. Not doing much coffee vapes now with the heat but hopefully the weather cools sooner rather than later.

VTA Milk Froth is pretty good too and the Hard Crack Toffee has a coffee note if you go up higher, can be used as a coffee in the right recipe.

I want to work on an Irish Coffee for the winter but haven’t thought much about it yet.

4 Likes

Ugh, still searching for my end all be all caramel. The TFA Caramel I first got from nicotine river was delicious but then the second bottle I do not know what happened, very different. It was supposed to be the new Caramel, not the original or dx but they must have changed it. It was supposed to be the new one with Triacetan but subsequent bottles were VERY different.

Have abandoned caramel for now, more fruits for the summer. I hope to find that combo that tastes like what you mentioned, love caramel.

3 Likes

Solub Arome Caramels are pretty good.

6 Likes

Just today I mixed a 1:1 Bourbon (FLV) and Whisky (FA) in a custard. Your idea of an Irish coffee inspires me to use this pairing. I think it’s working very well for a boozy effect. Back in the day when I was partying till the wee hours we used to go to this after hours breakfast joint where you could order a Coffee Royale. It was black coffee and the server would pull out a hose from underneath the counter and squirt a shot of whisky in it. The Boston cops would be standing around non the wiser.

5 Likes

Thx so much for that info. This may explain why my search has been difficult. Do you know what year they changed it? I have an old bottle of TFA Caramel, maybe 2 yrs or more.

2 Likes

Ah, I may have confused that with your review of the DIY Flavor Chasers. The Italian mixer and his gelato. Omg, the pic of that looks to die for.

4 Likes

That I don’t know, all I know is I got it when Nicotine river was new and all they sold was 60ml bottles. That 60ml lasted me a while and when it was done the reorder was so different.

I really need to revisit my caramel quest, will probably take a combo or more of different flavors to get what I want. Just as you describe, a buttery rich caramel to die for…what’s not to like about that?

6 Likes

Usually wrongfully so.

More like for obvious lack of testing to find the proper percentage, and/or too much power applied for the flavor composition type.

(Most coffee and chocolate flavors prefer lower power. Meaning no more than about ~40w. There’s very few of either that will work well with more power than that IME.)

9 Likes

My apologies. No one’s perfect.

4 Likes

Good point, I never thought of asking what they were vaping on and at what power. I assume everyone knows what they’re doing :crazy_face:

4 Likes

No apology needed. When I first met my SoMe friend, MRSpivey, I thought I was talking to MRS pivey. Turns out it was MR Spivey.

3 Likes

I know what you mean… I never assume :smile:

I vape MTL at 20 watts and 420 degrees F in Temp Control mostly… Except on my Brunhilde MTL (11 watts, 1.8 ohms), Galaxies RDTA (15 watts) and my Spica Pro is on a Mech… I know mixes taste different on each, even on slightly different builds. Then throw DTL in with high wattages and OMG, any wonder taste is so subjective.

3 Likes

Anyone try the new VSO Strawberry Mute Special?

I am guessing it is the normal Strawberry extract that is not diluted in PG so extra strong? @fidalgo_vapes any info on this?

4 Likes

Well that woldn;t fix it because you have to add VG or PG to it any way to vape it so a strawberry mute special is a big call. I am pretty much strawberry mute so I am curious.

7 Likes

I have it but havent tried…It is his Strawberry without any base added ( PG )

@lukeloop eloop

6 Likes

Agreed, this is a very curious flavor.

5 Likes

I would like to know how that would make it for strawberry mutes, that would imply that PG causes the muting. I have tried alpine strawberry in max VG and it still tastes like green leaves to me. I am not sure if Swaggy would give us the secret process, who knows maybe he removes the maltol somehow or some other wizardry . Some people may be genetically unable to taste it in vape form or whatever. Some companies call their flavors all sorts of names but do not necessarily need to taste like what they claim on the label. I have some hopes though as he is a good vendor.

5 Likes

@lukeloop I’m not SB mute, and taste them all, BUT, Alpine and me, have never got along well. It’s a SB for me, but I too get an overwhelming sense of “green” or “white” from it, and never a juicy, red, strawberry. Have tried numerous dilutions with no change.

6 Likes

I agree, if it is just the base with no dilution then whats the point in calling it good for strawberry mutes? I had just saw it on the site and was hoping someone already knew if it was different than the normal PG diluted offering?

3 Likes

Hasn’t been much action here since the SB mute special. I’ve got a couple of flavors in my cart (want to make One Last Round for Trucker by @Mandolarrian On that same subject I see a lot of boozy flavors on VSO. @fidalgo_vapes have you seen any notes on them anywhere? Concrete River has many of the VTA booze flavors with great notes but no see VSO.

5 Likes