VSO flavors / Best Before buy dates/ Flavrz strength etc

After my constant badgering Rhiannon for a couple of months, Nom Nomz have finally brought VSO fvavors for all us on this side of the great water, and at very affordable prices to boot. Hooray!

14 Likes

I spotted their addition to the site’s flavours last week (I think we all got emailed on Friday). I may get 7 of them to test - No prizes for guessing which.

7 Likes

I’ve been eagerly awaiting for this to happen since VSO took off with the U.S mixing community, I didn’t get any when they were sold at Chefs because they weren’t as popular then. I’ve already put my NomNomz order in for quite a few and they should be delivered any time now. I’m excited about this and looking forward to trying some of the recipes that have been out of my reach and taunted me until now.

8 Likes

As much as i would like too tap into them im going to hold off. But i will dive in later for sure. Can guarantee
It lol

6 Likes

VSO is so worth it!

7 Likes

So my 5 arrived today i just knuckled them. By far out of the 5 the caramel was the best blue razz was really good. The cake has almost a pineapple note too it. Will that note steep out only time will tell. The chocolate was chocolate. Has the tootsie roll note. I wasnt surprised as most chocolates have it in some form or another. The grape off the knuckle was just weird. No notes of grape just chemically. I need to mix these up and see how they go. But honestly off the knuckle the only three i probably will use is the caramel and chocolate. I do believe off the knuckle that tootsie not will fade on the chocolate as its faint. Maybe the cake and grape will surprise me after a steep who knows.

6 Likes

I hope they will turn out well for you. The knuckle tests tastes so accurate to me.

5 Likes

They do to a point because as flavors steep sometimes the notes you pick up off the knuckle are no where to be seen in the steeped version. The ssa chocolate was better off the knuckle compared to the vso. But the steep will tell all

6 Likes

So i tested the chocolate vso at 5 days today and man oh man. Starts of like smooth creamy milk chocolate and has the bitterness of dark chocolate on the backend. Man it is good. The knuckle was nothing even close to what it is now. It felt like i had melted chocolate in my mouth. Really good mouthfeel to it. Cant wait to see next week to where it goes.

8 Likes

At just over a week i can say the blue razz is very flat at 3% not much to it as of now. I went and tried for a recipe to see what it would bring and honestly at 3% as of right now it wont bring anything at that % probably gonna have to jump it to 6%. I figured after a week you should get a idea like with the chocolate but honestly again i have no clue what this is trying to be. It def isnt blue razz anything. Its more sweetness then blue razz. Maybe the blue razz was left in another bottle

6 Likes

At 6% the blue razz is still flat. It is without a doubt with the sweetness of it is blue raspberry cotton candy. Just not as good as caps. But at 6% the blue razz should have come out but it still is sitting to far away. The hint you get at 6% is enough for me to realize im going to use this as a sweetener in my fruit recipes instead of other sweeteners. But yeah its just bad. Out of the 5 the winners are the grape which is a shocker after smell test, caramel and chocolate. The cake was meh too. Wont find many uses for the cake.

6 Likes

I agree with you @Psycho_316
Most of tha VSO’s I received 3 weeks ago are very weak.
Going to try at 10% next

6 Likes

The blue razz is just bad. Its just a terrible blue razz cotton candy. It was so bad i just ordered flv blue raz :joy::joy::joy: i did go back to the cake again today and still its just a bad cake. It does have vanilla that came out but its more vanilla then cake. Weird after taste to it too. The caramel at 3% is nice but weak it def needs to be at 5-7% to really get the caramel to come out. I bet the caramel mf will make that caramel shine. The grape at 3% was solid no off notes just a candied grape. Could easily push that up to 4-6%. And because of this i also ordered cap grape candy to finally get the grape mix moving in the right direction. Chocolate was by far the winner its really good at 3.5%. No need to really push that but it is really good clean and smooth. Leaves that melted chocolate on your tongue. So the disaster of the blue razz solo at 6% i tried today and the surprise vso grape i had to do a order today lol.

6 Likes

But as far as vso that i tried, the only ones i can see being in my stash long term is the chocolate and caramel. Im not really going to go out of my way to try anymore. I tried and i really only really liked two. The grape will last awhile as im going to use it as a layering effect to help bring out the other grapes

5 Likes

I did get the grape. It’s the only one I haven’t tried yet.
But most of the others are weak as hell.
What seemed to be a good deal with that sale really wasn’t in the end IMO.
I didn’t get any Raw’s or Extremes in this bunch and I’m sure they are stronger but I’m not getting anymore VSO

6 Likes

Yeah i wont buy anymore to try. Honestly i feel robbed on the two that where shit. Cant believe the items where not as described. If the recipes work out with the choc and caramel i will buy them again. But overall they where a let down. The thing too is at the solo you will need to use it at that in a mix if you dont want to lose that profile. I know anything you push higher in a solo you will need to push the same way in a mix. If you dont there is no need to use them lol

6 Likes

Just to let you know if you plan on buying any.
Hangsen Pumpkin Pie is weak as hell also.
Can’t even smell or taste anything straight from the bottle. I read up on it and most people are saying 10% is where you need to be.
My own stupidity for not checking before I ordered it.
Just some info in case you planned on getting any of it.

6 Likes

Dont feel bad i do the same sometimes lol. Honestly im at the point i dont want to be mixing stuff up with 10% flavor. The custard cake cap is like that its a absolute shit as a solo at 5 or 10% but needs to be as high as 10% to actually get what its trying to be. The only thing about it is the custard. And if it is their smooth custard in it i think i like it. Growing tired of jumping in on things without reading more. I have had some bad luck lately with concentrates off others reviews. Just not for me

6 Likes

The thing that I don’t understand is the VSO Blueberry I bought about 3 years ago is twice as strong than the new bottle I just got.
I still have about 60 ml of the old. Maybe I’ll mix them together

6 Likes

Do you kind of get the feeling they left the flavor somewhere else? Cause there is nothing blu razz about the blue razz or the same with the cake

4 Likes