Vso Raw SFT

So as most of you know i got these 3 concentrates after my bad experience with what i bought. And as some other have noticed with the vso they fade and fade no matter what % and give little to no flavor. So shane offered me some vso raw to give those a go and see what i thought. Well lets just say not much has changed my thoughts on them. When i thought raw i thought ok undiluted and stronger. Well the ? Now the ? becomes, did i get a better experience? And the answer was no. So here is the final verdict

Cake Raw Vso

Tested at 1.25% let it steep 2 weeks. First i tried it on my geek vape tengu with dual round wire at .24 ohms. And i was shocked. Not in a good way. When i tested this the day after i mixed it because it smelled so good i got cake and a slight coconut profile. It was a smooth crisp coconut. So i had hope that this was going to be good. But it wasnt meant to be. As it steeped the flavor steeped right out of it. I tried it on 5 different wattages as the tengu really pumps the flavor at 90w and above. All i got was ethyl maltol. And it was incredibly bad at 90 and 100w. The sweetness was too much. I couldnt vape it more then 3 times at 100w the sweetness was just overpowering. So it was a wash. On that rda it was a no go. Just bad!!!

2nd attempt So i cleaned up my zues mesh rta and decided to give it a fair shot. Thinking maybe i might get the cake on the mesh. Well at .23 ohms did i get cake? Yes but very slightly on first inhale. But again the problem was just this overpowering sweetness. Yet again i have never experienced a concentrate with this much sweetness to it. I couldnt get through 2 ml before i was feeling ill. My mouth and lips was coated with sweetener it was sickly. Just overall just a another bad experience where it leads me to believe there is a issue in the manufacturing process. I cant believe this was intended to be a lack luster flavor like this. Especially on a item that costs that much.

Caramel Raw Vso

Tested at 1.25% 2 week steep. First test was on my GV tengu. I tested it at 5 different watts as the tengu gets better flavor at 90w and above. The caramel was faint not that noticeable but there. But as i hit the peak for this rda i got caramel the only downfall was the EM (cotton candy) effect. Though it wasn’t as bad as cake raw, it was milder. So it was a good feeling. So i vaped 7 ml on the tengu and though its not the best caramel, but i can see uses for it. But again the killer is the sweetness. Its just too damn much. The fact this didnt have as much so it didnt kill the flavor i was happy about. I will say i will use the 15ml bottle up and bonus is i dont need to add any sweetener to any recipe with this. But overall its ok. I can definitely use this with mf caramel premium. Would i buy it again? It all depends on how well it does with the mf.

2nd test on geek vape zues mesh rta at .23 ohms. Ok now its better then on the tengu. The caramel does present itself at the front a little more but again same thing the sweetness is all over it. If it wasnt for the EM in these i can honestly say this one would be a really good caramel but the EM is swallowing what it could be. But still the caramel is there and its a good until its gets swallowed. Its a damn shame for these reasons i can honestly say its like a 1.6 stars but i gave it 2 cause i think its gonna pair well with mf caramel. So i did decide to put in this recipe because I’m hoping that the backend sweetness of this will not be a after thought in this mix. And i really wanted to see how this one gets pushed by the MF caramel. So time will tell. Off the knuckle it was good. Here it is

Blue Razz Raw Vso

Tested at 1.25% 2 week steep. Just no. Absolutely no way, no how is this blue razz. As i thought from the the Vso blue razz that i ordered. It is all cotton candy no blu razz and this is the same but it is stronger and it is sweetness that is sickly. It literally like a worse version of cap BR CottonCandy. I only vaped a ml and had to stop it was making me feel ill. My lips and tongue where coated awfully. Its just so sickly. Literally felt like i had a sugar high it was just awful. As for giving this a second chance on the geek vape zues mesh rta, I will not partake in any of that. Its just awful. Again a flavor that is there early on that gets squashed by Ethyl Maltol. God damn shame because the smell was pretty damn good like all of them. Seriously i dont know what the hell is going on with the manufacturing process. But just no on this one

When i looked back at the day after it reminded of how the other Vso i bought faded. I got pretty good profiles and then gone like Thanos after the Stark finger snap. And honestly its why i had to do sft of cotton candy em TPA after the first ones i tried. Cause i knew that backend note i got. And sure as hell it is the same awful sweet back note when its too damn much. And unfortunately its more potent on the raws. In all the flavors i have done a sft i have never seen such drastic flavor loss from the day after a mix. And i have started to think a lot on this and came to the realization. Are you ready? Mix things up in small quantities with items that don’t need more then 2 days steep and vape away. And when i get time i will mix the cake raw and caramel raw with what little chocolate i have left and vape it the next day just to check my theory. Because that cake was something else after a day. Too bad it didn’t last through a steep.

As for the Vso in my opinion i just don’t see a use by me seeing that out of my 8 tries i only found one that was decent enough to use and surprisingly it was the grape Vso. It tasted like crap off the knuckle but turned into a light candied grape flavor which was good. But always remember taste is subjective and sometimes a bunch get the same tastes but not all.

And as i conclude this all i can say i see that there is more of a likely scenario that something has gone bad in the manufacturing process with others who have issue with Vso. And thats my opinion. To see what these raw where after a day to where they are now i know damn well from talking to Shane this wasn’t the end game on these. I do without a doubt believe without a doubt something went sideways. Hopefully whatever the issue might be it can be looked into. And this is just based on what others have experienced in a good way to the ones who have had a terrible experience. If you have read all my rambling i thank you for your time.

16 Likes

I had similar issues with VSO flavors I purchased a few booze flavors like triple sec, rum, Irish cream, bourbon, and got the Harvest Moon (Pumpkin Roll) one shot free. All of the flavors were very weak even after SFT at higher % 15+. I ending up tossing them in the trash. I was thinking about getting VSO pumpkin from Nomz but I think I’ll just grab TPA pumpkin from DIYVapor.

11 Likes

Have you tried Hangsen Pumpkin Pie? I also thunk Rfsc is workable as the filling out of cans…

7 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes yes I have tried HA Pumpkin Pie it is quite good. I got a 3ml sample from Diyejuice last year and now it’s out of stock. I’ve read good and bad about the OOO and RF versions. If I get around to re-working my pumpkin roll recipe from the Horror Villian MWC I’ll pick up all avail pumpkins to SFT I already have an idea which direction I want to go with it just need a few flavors and some time.

8 Likes

Wuite a few had issues but you know the ole saying its just a taste is subjective thing. I think when so many have issues its more of a “houston we have a problem” type thing. The fact the raws presented themselves the same way something is in the mixture causing the flavor loss. But who am i? Who are we? If they dont want to take it into consideration their could be a problem all i can say is good luck. But yes i will stay far away from the vso. Shitty part is I paid £25 pounds for 5x30ml chubby gorilla bottles lol

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Psycho_316, they are very interesting and it does seem that something may have happened during the production process, it can happen to anyone after all.
I myself have mixed six VSO single flavour testers that are steeping right now and I will also let you know what I think when they are ready. I am pretty sure that mine came from the same batch as yours so we shall see if I taste things any differently, I’m trying to keep an open mind so not to sway my judgement in any way.
With those RAW flavours that you have, do you think that you may have tested them too high? I might be tempted to dilute them a little just for curiosity’s sake.

6 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden which 6 VSO flavors did you pick up >

5 Likes

I picked up quite a few but I’m only testing 5 for now (I thought it was 6) which is the Blueberry V1 and V2 @8%. The Cake and the Chocolate @5% and also the Huckleberry @5%

7 Likes

I did think that so i did mix cake at .6% and pretty much zero flavor after a week. It was week after day 1 of being mixed. Just not good. There is something in it muddling the flavor. I still point to EM. Cause it has that taste

5 Likes

Yes, and we all know that EM mutes flavours in high quantities. This reminds me of the equivalent of someone forgetting and salting the potatoes twice but instead of salt in the potato’s it’s EM in the VSO concentrates.
Thanks for letting me know mate.

6 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden I’ll have to dig around to find it, but Shane from VSO said he does NOT use any EM in his flavors.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information mate, maybe it’s something else causing it then.:thinking:

3 Likes

You’re welcome @Lucas_James_Holden, and I just verified that with Shane, to make sure that I wasn’t getting it wrong. For the record there is NO EM used in any of the VSO flavors. I can’t speak to any EM or muting issues, as I didn’t experience any. You know who should chime in on this is @Rocky02852, and maybe @Lynda_Marie as I’m pretty sure BOTH of them have FAR more mixing experience with VSO’s than I do. All of the mixes that I personally mixed up were fine, and I had no issues. I will admit (just too damned busy), to not having spent a GREAT deal of time, specifically mixing up VSO mixes, as most times, I end up tossing in one, or two in a mix, but I don’t have any VSO only mixes.

I think Rocky MUST have some good intel here, and real boots on the ground to help out here.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your help, it’s really appreciated.

5 Likes

You got it @Lucas_James_Holden. All I can ever speak to is what I have done, tested, or tasted, that’s it. Speaking OF muting, I’m testing the LAST of the second batch of Duomei’s, and I’m finishing up the run with the Wild Blueberry, and guess what, it’s damned MUTED. Go figure. So I know muting when I get it. I’m playing around with the percentages to make sure it’s nothing I did, but so far, it’s not really booming for me.

4 Likes

That’s a shame but it’s like they say “they can’t all be winners”.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking. I do screw up from time to time @Lucas_James_Holden. I run an entire series (most times) at a fairly fixed rate, and I stumble across a really STRONG or WEAK flavor, and I have to double check myself, AND increase/reduce just to make sure it’s not on MY end. Sadly, it IS a LOT of work, especially if you do as many flavors as I do, keeping myself in check hehe.

4 Likes

In my personal experience, I’ve had one original VSO that I got very little taste from, and that was waffle at 5%. Most of the others I use as layering tools. None of the originals are main players but absolutely useful in layering. I’ve not gotten any muting nor have I had to mix over 5% (except ones like cream soda and lemonade). Cake isn’t a main player, caramel etc. There’s few ingredients in my opinion that could be a solo cake or a solo blueberry (depending). Mixing cake at 10-15% is useless when you could be layering with another cake.
The raws are good from .50-2% depending on which one, they grow and are more realistic, but again, layering. I’ve enjoyed most of the VSO I have (80+) but there are a few that just aren’t GREAT in my opinion.
Cream soda definitely needs to be pushed to 8-10%, same with lemonade, but in my opinion fruits don’t need that because most are layers.
I hope that helped. I’m laid up from fracturing 4 ribs this morning because of a fall of my horse on a trail ride, and on pain meds. I think that covered what I needed to say :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Please get better soon!

8 Likes

Oh Jesus @Lynda_Marie I had NO idea. Thanks a lot for chiming in, and as @KC111 said, Godspeed on your recovery. Very sorry to hear that.

7 Likes