VSO Single Flavor Tests Part II by SessionDrummer

Ill save my Strawnana Custard (VSO) release until after you are done. It isnt quite done anyway but just a couple tweaks i think.

2 Likes

3 Likes

The way I knew this was right? If I took a whiff and got goosebumps. Mine ruining was Greek Ouzo lol

3 Likes

Great!!! Now I have two enablers. :joy:

3 Likes

Oh yes, I know the Ouzo too !!!

3 Likes

Im half Greek and half Irish, Ireek, Greish? I love me some Ouzo.

3 Likes

Yesss! I love Barbarian cream! This is so versatile as far as I’m concerned. I’m hanging on every note of yours lol I’ll have to make sure notifications are on for this topic :slight_smile: thanks for all you do!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, and thank you @Lynda_Marie.

2 Likes

I’m not Greek BUT, I used to love Ouzo, well, until “That Night”, and I could never, entertain it, again…

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Added the Disclaimer, and testing setup.

2 Likes

I’ve been dying to grab VSO cake as soon as I could but my dog was very I’ll last week so we have 2 ER trips and a trip to a hospital…needless to say VSO cake won’t be in my immediate future, but have you had Simply Cake-Purilum? If so, how does it compare in your opinion? I love Simply cake, but I’m also looking to add a neutral cake base to cake batter.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your dog and hope he’s (or she’s) O.K. @Lynda_Marie I actually do have PUR Simply Cake, BUT, I haven’t solo’d it.

4 Likes

I would def. recommend it @Lynda_Marie. At my testing weight it was lighter, but still very present, and was actually a very “clean” cake, which was also very neutral, which would allow you to use it to cake up pretty much about anything you needed to.

3 Likes

Right there with you. Think I poisoned my dog with weed & feed. Paw licking. She is fine now but my wallet doesn’t pull down on pants now. $408.00. Stupid me.

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten to the VSO Cheesecake yet, BUT, after seeing Shane’s post ^^^^, looks like he thought of that @Ken_O_Where. I’m assuming no BA, or Graham, so you can Graham it up however you want. Very nice @VSOflavors.

Luckily for me, I ordered the VSO Graham Cracker ALSO !!!

2 Likes

We live and learn. I’m glad she’s ok. It’s been a stressful week all around I guess. Here’s to a better next week :grinning:

3 Likes

Outstanding @Lynda_Marie. Glad she’s ok.

1 Like

Caramel (VSO) 3.5% / 5.0% (5-28-22) – You may THINK you know what Caramel is, but you might be wrong. Good thing is that Shane knows what a Caramel is, and that is EXACTLY what you get with this VSO flavor. I started the test out at 3.5% and it was good, but it felt a little thin. I could tell by the smell and taste is WAS a kickin’ Caramel, so I upped it to approx. 5%, and WOW, it took on a NEW form. Many people expect there to be heavy butter undertones in Caramel, but typically it is just Caramelized Sugar, that’s it. Wow, because this one is hard to put down long enough to write a review of it. Ultra clean, and accurate were two things that persisted throughout this entire review. The higher percentage (and you might be able to smidge it up even higher if needed), really worked here, and truly opened up this flavor. Because of the lack of heavier buttery notes, the flavor was still relaxed, but it almost had a richness to it anyway. Above mid-level sweet by a few ticks, and truly enveloped you in a Caramel experience. Not a burnt sugar, but just darkened a bit to give it a darker overall taste, with no bitterness, or off-notes. If you are in need of a super clean Caramel, this one should do it for you. Don’t be afraid to push this one a bit, because you’ll be glad you did. Another tester finisher here people, and leaving it deliciously @ 9.8/10.

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer when you flavor test do you have a bunch of RDAs with new cotton in them? That’s what I think I find why I don’t do it that much especially with tanks the majority of my use of vaping I don’t want to waste a premade coil.
That vandy vape pulse has a rebuildable it came with two nickel coils I tried it but it was really hot and burned right up I’m no good with RDA

2 Likes

@D-a-M-o-N pushing through a LOT of flavors (and that’s what I do), can be a LOT of work, AND, a lot of time, and money as well. Luckily for me, I stumbled across the SteamCrave RDTA v.1 way back in the day, and found it to be a flavor chucker that very few have surpassed. I ran the stock deck for awhile with the 3 screws, and horizontal coils, but then tried out the Velocity deck, with vertical coils, and I never looked back. Unless stated (rarely), I do ALL of my critical testing using the above mentioned setup, running dual Kanthal 24ga. single wire, 7 wrap coils. Dry burned coils and fresh cotton before EVERY test. Once you start doing it, it becomes second nature, and I’m VERY fast at cotton changes. The dual 7 wraps always come out to about 0.30 ohms, and I typically run in the 60-75w range.

Cotton in, test, cotton out, rinse, and repeat…

2 Likes