Washing coils

You can have coils up or down. If the coil is on top make sure you pull it down some with your screw driver. When I did not do this the vape was so hot it burned my lips.

Got a drill from harbor freight for $20. You also need ball bearing fishing swivelsā€¦got them from Amazon. Tried regular fishing swivels didnā€™t work for me. Grimm green has a good video on this method.

1 Like

Best video (and production value) Iā€™ve seen on this, is from Vaping Pauly:

4 Likes

I rebuild the OCC with vertical 26g .5ohm twisted coils, much better vapor production but still dry hit while chain vaping at 25w. Looking forward to TC.

I had the V1 base also, drilled it out like the OCCā€™s but damn if that top doesnt come off every single time i take the tank off to fill it. It lives in the yard somewhere now.

1 Like

I rinse my RDA in hot water will scrubbing the coils with a hard bristle tooth brush, dry then pulse. Rinse is DW then pulse again.

1 Like

That is totally awesome thanks

I lay it in there with the coil up. Get everything tight. Then i push the could down , it tightens everything up. And it works well for me

I have never had a tank with love hate relationship like that of my kangarteck gives me. but I can get any part for it I own three still all been updated and back dated .I order the RBA sections by the 10 count not occ .my tanks have been modified I can chain vape them at 31 watts 80 vg no problem any more I melt the o rings in the caps right now got kangar plus not drilled on my ipv mini 2 running 18.5 watts twisted .7 coil same tank drop a RBA drilled with .06 titanium put it on my ipv4 35j 490 degrees Fahrenheit I like the versatility I like the fact I can get parts for it but sometimes I just hate them but it is a all around good tank

1 Like

Get any bell caps? They look awesome! I still have the same OCC coils that i got when i bought them all, so easy to rebuild so i just never bought the V2 RBA section and i dont really use them much because i love my drippers.

3 Likes

I gotta say, temp control has made the difference with the STM. Iā€™ve got a plain ol 26g titanium coil right now on the RBA and it lives on the Dovpo now (which, surprisingly, does Ti perfectly in TC). No dry hits, great flavor, and I love it. :smile: I switch between it and the Crown on the evic mini. The crown/mini combo goes out and about with me just cuz the crown is a lot easier to fill.

I got a top fill tank for the STM that I really like, but it kinda leaks a little when using it. The best way Iā€™ve found to fill it top fill is to close off the AFC as much as possible, fill it, cap it, and flip it upside down with a paper towel underneath it. I usually lose 2-3 drops. Not horrible, but more of a pain than I wanna put up with at school. I get enough looks as it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

A top fill cap you say? What is this wizardry?

Fasttech wizardry, of course. :stuck_out_tongue: Thereā€™s an ā€œAā€ and a ā€œBā€ style and of course lots of colors. The difference between A and B is that the B has holes in the cap as well. Apparently you twist open, fill, twist closed. The fill holes are kinda tiny so you have to have those thin tip bottles. Also, mine didnā€™t fit on the replacement bases, only the authentic, which was kind of a bummer. Overall, though, Iā€™m glad I got it. Itā€™s about all I use with the STM now.

2 Likes

Very nice, thank you. I just have the one authentic STM, all the rest are bases and bell caps. Which reminds meā€¦ Now that i am back home you still want some of them? I really just dont use them and this time i wont mess around, if the post office is open Friday that is when they will go out. Im feeling a bit like an ahole right about now.

No I have not looked over your pic and looks like only needs one oring at the bottom thatā€™s a plus if I am looking at it correct I have been running ohms up watts down lately and dragged out my kangar tanks including the original sub tank got rid of my mini after I got my Goliath v2 dont know if they make the dome for 7mil juice plus

1 Like

The bell caps themselves dont have any orings just the base has them which is really nice although i have a ton of orings for the STM, i bought a 20 pack of black ones which has all 3 orings.

1 Like

I did the same with STP that funny but all the ones kangar sent me about half had the wrong size for base at the glass to Frame .that was the day after heated phone conversation with there GA office I ordered my Goliath v2 .getting a. 7 ohms dual coil build in it not enough room I have built 1.3 singe room to spare build in the kangar when first got them thatā€™s as low as my old tesla would fire my last deep water build was .05 titanium so I am trying to head back to something a bit more practical for this old man

1 Like

Yup, I just have the one authentic also. So thatā€™s what I used. LoL. Iā€™ve got the authentic tank on a replacement base and bell caps on everything else. You had some serious life stuff and you know how I feel about that, so donā€™t even start. Iā€™m okay, but thank you for still being willing. :blush: At this point, Iā€™m not really using most of mine either. Half of them are half full of who knows what with coils that probably need to be re-wrapped. I just havenā€™t had time to mess with them lately.

1 Like

Hoping once i get these Goblin Minis i wont be touching the STMā€™s at all.

Which do you prefer in your VTC titanium or 316l?

I havenā€™t really done Ti with the VTC since the Dovpo doesnā€™t do SS. Itā€™s just been SS in either the crown or the magma on the vtc and ti in the stm on the dov. :smile: I did put dual 26gauge Ti coils in the PV, but I havenā€™t used it much yet.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info Jojo, Hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like