What about Sweet Ol' Nicotine?

Chemist Gods are summoned
We’re getting short on NIcotine, and soon enough, this substance will no longer be available for us DIY-ers, which leaves us with either the Chinese unregulated crap which any sane person will refuse (unless he/she is a pro for undiscovered diseases) or extracting the nicotine from the available tobacco which I believe is possible if we put our heads together.

I’ve seen some videos on YouTube (mainly of Indian and French chemists) who are extracting the Nicotine at a very good yield, which stands as a proof of concept for this discussion, yet we need to come up with an easier and smoother protocol that doesn’t replicate the Breaking Bad’s lab.

Cheers to all

6 Likes

Best of luck to you and anyine else who wants to be a part of this type of extraction …In my opinion too much can go wrong . We all have known for awhile that Nicotine was going away , if a person hasnt stocked up yet then thats a shame . There is still nicotine available so go grab some is what I suggest

5 Likes

I think this is a good forward looking idea(a “Think Tank”). I know absolutely nothing about this, I’m all ears.

@fidalgo_vapes I believe this is a great starting point. Let all who find this thread get the safety warnings right up front and center.

6 Likes

Lost me in the first two sentences: You’re not a wizard: That’s my game and drivel is others.

5 Likes

The one i bought from Hiliq (Chinese) is by far the best nic i ever bought. Take it if you still can. (personally, i’m not afraid of ‘unregulated’ crap somewhere out there, but i AM afraid of fascistic ‘regulation’ coming from not too far away)

8 Likes

Is it better or equal to Nicotine River line?

5 Likes

No wizardry is involved, it’s an extraction process that we may come through with the right process, am i right!

4 Likes

Can’t tell since i’m from Europe (we weren’t able to buy it from over the pond anyway); most were buying it from the UK i believe, but that option is gone after Brexit. I’m sure some will be able to help you here.

5 Likes

I don’t believe that! Show me the studies and stats that say liquid nicotine will be totally unobtainable to us DIYr’s. Convince me.

4 Likes

Hiliq is one ofnthe best products ive ever used and blows PurNic away

6 Likes

Once I’m out of my stored nic (about 1 years worth) I’ll be giving it up entirely. Not worth the trouble (not to mention expense). I’m down to 6mg and don’t think it’ll be a problem for me.

7 Likes

Well odd, if right.

3 Likes

ive got about 2 rs worth by then i ope things get better - if not ill be doing some driving

places i think i saw somewhere that sells nic in person . think i probably call ahead
Oklahoma - south Carolina , Atlanta , push comes to shove ill drive to California.

getting this for work

posh comes to shove - set cooler to freezer mode and stock up on some nic

6 Likes

Road trip!!! :grinning:

4 Likes

is this shit true?

2 Likes

I just convinced myself to stop hoarding flavors and nicotine

3 Likes

Hehe, I wish I knew what that felt like …

3 Likes

Giving away nic? No. I meant giving up on nic once I’m out and not buying more.

5 Likes

Yes it is possible it might even be easier than most may think HOWEVER the equipment to get the Nic clean , bottled etc isnt going to be bought by any of us . I havent even heard people talk about Titration got years when back in 2015/16 a lot of people took that simple step to make sure the Nic they received was on point …

6 Likes

That’s my plan. I am down to 1mg, sometimes 1.5mg and that’s MTL. I feel it’s all just psychological rather than physiological now so the end doesn’t really worry me at all.

100% agree there mate, rather just give the nic up than go down that pathway…

8 Likes