What Are You Listening To? (Part IV) 2020

Heehee yeah one of the best no doubt.

3 Likes

Working from home and youtube are a bad combination…

7 Likes

I was surprised to see Deep Purple putting out a new album in August of 2020.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Really? I have totally missed that! Thanks for sharing. For me The magic of Deep Purple came from Lord/Blackmore/Paice so let’s see how DP 2020 sounds.

5 Likes

Yeah, the song I posted is a preview video from the new album. Ian Gillan, Ian Paice, Roger Glover, Steve Morse, and Don Airey are the current members. Not sure which of these guys are from the original band.
I’ll post an at home video of Richie Blackmore on my Isolation thread for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s something a little different…
First you gotta get hooked …a little something for you Southern guys and gals

hear the original song…

4 Likes
6 Likes

Rest in Peace, Little Richard (influential grandfather of rock and roll) !

7 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

RIP Jerry Stiller/Neil Peart :cry:

6 Likes

Agreed @Mew. Even WITH COVID-19 and all it has and will bring, 2020, has been a CRAP ASS year so far.

7 Likes

Sometimes we just need a bit of a laugh :laughing:

4 Likes

Or if you need to scream… :scream:

4 Likes

My first memory of Rock n Roll was The Beetles. Mom had a 45 of Hey Jude and I think the flip side was Revolution. (right now smiling because I know there are some thinking what is a 45, and what is a flip side?) :slight_smile: Oh the joys of getting older and wiser.

Back in the day, Hey Jude was not really hard rock, but it wasn’t soft either…or bubblegum rock, if you’re old enough to get that reference. No, it was a great mix of the two really, and the vocals at the end cemented the notion that yes, we’re in the rock era.

As much as I loved this first rock song, I have to say that Leo Morachhioli has done it…uh…better? No, but it stands on its own as a great song. And those riffs!

7 Likes

Leo rocks @SthrnMixer.

3 Likes