What Are You Listening To? (Part V) 2021

Local live music has taken a big hit. I play with a couple of folks (hand percussion, backup and lead vocals), and we have missed playing gigs…a bunch. Nothin’ big, but we play coffee shops and some service gigs for local non-profits. Playing live is one of the few times where the troubles of the world go away, and we can be completely in the moment…with huge grins on our faces. Mostly we play classic rock, though completely acoustic (amplified). Was sharing with one of the guys last week about how much I was missing playing. Hopefully by the end of 2021 we can get back to our great escape.

6 Likes

I miss seeing them. They have started having shows again but I don’t want to get COVID-19 and I don’t want to bring it home to my immunocompromised wife.

5 Likes

I understand your caution. I’ve lost 5 friends to COVID since it started and a few others have tested positive. Some of our gigs were in assisted living facilities because it is a way to bring live music to folks who can’t get out. I don’t want to get it (being over 65) and don’t want to put others at risk, whether they are friends, family or people I don’t know. Sometimes it’s challenging to adjust to the “new normal”, but I’m doing the best I can. Sending good wishes to you and your family.

6 Likes

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. I don’t know anyone that has lost so much to COVID. I hear about the number of deaths weekly so I know those people have loved ones and friends such as yourself that suffer their loss. Its hard to imagine what your going through. I’m praying for you to have strength and resolve.
Here it’s just my wife and I, no children. She doesn’t work and I’m able to work from home so we are pretty sheltered. However, I just found out my neighbors that are retired, haven’t left their house or had visitors, and literally have everything delivered, both got COVID!!! It’s so hard to believe this is happening.
Thank you for your positive wishes and I want to send you some positive vibes as well. Our new normal will be with us for quite a while but I’m sure we will fend off the COVID, at least enough to be able to socialize again and we will have learned a lot. I hear we may have learned enough to create vaccines for AIDS and other things. That’s positive.
When this started I sprung for Pandora premium so I have been enjoying so much great music. I’ve been finding new music and I’ve also been able to reunite with a lot of music from my past that would be so difficult to dig up now if it weren’t for Pandora.

What did I listen to today? I found the band and song used for the closing review and credits for the Ilse of Mann TT motorcycle races.

Redline - King of the mountain

PSX_20210124_020331

PSX_20210124_021955

PSX_20210124_022142

4 Likes

9 Likes

OMG have so wanting to put Leo into this thread!!!

4 Likes

So many songs commented - "I never liked … " and Leo has made something more palatable (OK so I like metal :smiley:)

5 Likes
5 Likes

You listening to it gurgle or what? :crazy_face: :wink:

/me thinks someone hit the ‘back’ button while trying to post to the vape mail thread… chuckles

4 Likes

download

4 Likes
5 Likes

i pretty much only listen to FM radio, classic rock. they pretty much play the same songs over and over ad nauseum . BUT, there is a ROCK station that has HD2. they play classic rock deep cuts. stuff i used to hear once evry 10 years, if at all. now i hear these songs and its GREAT ! the problem, i only have a HD tuner in my truck :frowning:

4 Likes

I discovered that Noted is now also on Spotify:

I like Episode 186 because it’s fun to listen to yourself recorded, it’s always surprising listening to yourself on a recording. It just sounds so different :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like
8 Likes

Dunno, there’s just something about this song …

13 Likes

In celebration of my Irish heritage :kissing_heart: :ireland: :kissing_heart: :australia:…Simple Minds used the same music but different lyrics in their song “Belfast Child” …

6 Likes

In celebration of my Irish heritage

6 Likes
6 Likes

ArcAttack, Don’t Stop Believin’, featuring Franzoli coils

“For those who did not understand what is going on in this video, here’s a brief explanation: The main loud music really comes from the tesla coil sparks,”

The coils, it turns out are literally playing the music due to the programmed phase, pulse width, and firing frequency. The music is achieved without the use of any speakers or audio/video special effects.

6 Likes
9 Likes