What Are You Listening To? (Part VI) 2022/23

Currently picking out a new selection of podcasts for Mrs. Squirrel and the Little Monster.

5 Likes
11 Likes

A good old Motor City rocker!

There’s a great doccu/movie about Iggy & The Stooges on Amazon Prime.

6 Likes

Still one of my all time favourite bands. The irony of this song was that poor Nigel wouldn’t have had a future in British Steel for long because at the time when this song was released it was going bankrupt, a clever lyric by XTC about someone with no future.

7 Likes

Oh this takes me back to an era which seems eons ago.

“I am a bilingual illiterate - I cannot read in two languages”.

10 Likes

Some good choices Sir.
I found this young lady rather attractive back in the day and enjoyed her music too.

10 Likes

I think her face and this song has been fused into a few receptor sites for as long as I can remember.

Maybe the queen of kink will refocus you:

7 Likes

Excellent choice. Ironically this is my all time favourite female artist, she is so talented in fact more so than many people often realise.

6 Likes

She does have one hell of a range, though choosing a favourite would be one hell of a challenge. Here are a few others who instantly sprung to mind as contenders:

8 Likes

Well I had to make it a trio of Kate Bush and this is a later song of hers that I find quite delightful and relaxing to watch and listen to.

8 Likes

Ah Sinead…whiney 1 hit wonder little bitch!

9 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day muthas…

14 Likes

Oh shit mate, that takes me back.

5 Likes

I hope it triggers memories of good times, personally I haven’t mentally moved on much from those days myself and that suits me fine :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I agree. Love Blondie and Debbie Harry. And she’s still rockin’ it. Have you checked her out in Videodrome? A strange but engaging movie. At least I enjoyed it in the 80’s.

9 Likes

I can’t really remember if I saw it or not but I think I did a long time ago.

5 Likes

Then it is time for you to revisit a classic:

Long live the new flesh!

7 Likes

Yep, I’m pretty sure that I’ve seen it now, thanks for refreshing my memory. I think it’s worth rewatching again just to fill in the gaps.

5 Likes

Wow, i completely forgot about that one. I remember hearing Debbie Harry was in a Cronenberg film and no-way I could resist. Loved her Punk/New Wave vibe. I’m going to go watch it again,

6 Likes
9 Likes