What are you watching? 2022/23

Just finished the first season of the French series “The Crimson Rivers” on Prime. It is only available until the end of the month without paying extra. I found it to be a fine police/detective series. The season is 8 episodes and each story arc is 2 episodes, so the first season is 4 story lines. Liked it so much, I binged all 8 episodes yesterday afternoon and last night. If I am going to do it, I sometimes overdo it !!

4 Likes

After watching From Beyond and spotting an odd use of the Star Trek doors, I went on a weird tangent of watching all the Toxic Avenger movies to find the best foley and ADR.

(A suitable choice for Holy Week).

7 Likes

On HBO Max again

I’m not a big Collin Ferrell fan but he cracks me up in this movie :laughing:.

7 Likes

Of all the true crime documentaries I’ve seen, this one has creeped me out the most. Hearing his voice and psychopathic thoughts… pure evil. {{shudders}} Scares me more than seeing any gore horror flick. Was interesting to see all the footage they had as well from the 70’s era.

9 Likes

I agree. I’ve been into true crime books and shows for some time and this one really switches on the fear.

8 Likes

I was both horrified and mesmerized by the his interviews in this documentary. John Wayne Gacy, wasn’t insane, but when you listen to him recanting, justifying & admitting his guilt. There is something amiss with his Id, ego, superego.

7 Likes

A narcissist without a conscious is definitely something to be feared. It’s horrifying to think how many more are out there just like him that have never been caught.
I wonder too what ever became of Gacy’s two kids?? I hope the Mom changed their names and they never learned what kind of a monster their father was.

4 Likes

@Mew @Mark_Turner

2 Likes
3 Likes

wonder too what ever became of Gacy’s two kids?

It’s a local stories here in the NW surbia of Chicago. I believe it was an anniversary of some sort and Gacy’s eldest son was promoting a book about his memory of his father.

5 Likes

Might be an interesting read. I wonder how much they really knew since both kids were babies when Gacy’s wife divorced him. Also there were claims that he never saw either child ever again. :thinking:

4 Likes

Last night I decided to rewatch Doctor Sleep (Director’s Cut) and I still view it as one of my favourite films in the last decade - and I tend to hate long movies.

7 Likes

Was not aware there was a director’s cut. I’m going to have to check that one out. I did enjoy the theatrical release, so I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

One of my favorites as well. Ive watched it 5 or 6 times now.

5 Likes

Well, it’s 3 hours long but passes like a beautiful dream.

4 Likes

Indeed, it’s akin to the mad lad who tried to give milk immorality by making it cheese.

3 Likes

It clicked after Hedwig moments.

4 Likes

Eddie covering standup in French - Glorious stuff.

2 Likes

Love Eddie! One of the funniest humans out there IMO.

3 Likes

Indeedy, he’s one of mine '‘Tea and cake or death?’ or 'do you have a flag?

2 Likes