What are you watching? 2022/23

For some reason, I decided to look at Bienvenidos a Edén (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb and oh my god, why is everything so wrong. Where is the plot with at least some development, where are the characters that would be interesting, and where is at least something? In short, I do not recommend wasting time on this miracle from the authors.

7 Likes

Yeah, I tried it and came to the same conclusions as you did. Waste of time.

5 Likes

For the fourth time, i love the fight choreography. Plus, Michelle Yeoh…

9 Likes

'nuff said

5 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve got this one in waiting for Friday night as pretty much all recommended it.

3 Likes

I certainly enjoyed it and will watch it again. Silly, ridiculous, outrageous and fun yet has a deep meaning. That or i was just way to f’n high.

3 Likes

I’m sure that’d add an interesting edge to proceedings

3 Likes

Writing a piece on how the media has become a hollow unfunny satire. So, revisiting a lot of notes and threads.

So building on my dissertation on spatial fluid rights in the late 90s or, in short, how most is a piss-poor joke.

Brass Eye: A 1997 satire which makes what classes as ‘news’ tame today:

(N.B. Not suitable for anyone with strong views - one of the 1997 episodes and not the ‘special’ .)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF-4OjEK2i4

5 Likes

Last night i watched: Keeper of the Ashes: The Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders

Terrible documentary, it was mostly about an actress who wasnt there but knew some of the kids as she grew up in the town at the time. While bringing attention to this tragedy is always a good thing this 4 part series basically just repeated the same stuff throughout all the episodes. Id give this 1* out of 5 as it does bring this to light.

Back to Dragon Ball Kai.

8 Likes

Sounds like a depressing watch.

3 Likes

It was, i remember this being talked about when i was a little fella. I was supposed to go to camp the next year but my mother decided that wasnt going to happen.

A sad reminder that our world has always been a harsh place.

4 Likes

Needed to watch something to take my mind off of yesterdays events. Thought I’d hate it, but it did the trick nicely. Formulaic, but enjoyable.

9 Likes

Really enjoyed this one. Brought back a lot of memories. :metal:

5 Likes

Yeah, brought up some good times for me too

5 Likes

That was actually pretty good @Lostmarbles.

5 Likes

Yeah, found myself head bobbin’ along Heavy Rock GIFs | Tenor

5 Likes

Yep. Counterpart was an awesome watch. Thanks for reminding me of this series.

4 Likes

Tonight will be Everything Everywhere All At Once as all have recommended it to me. It’ll be fun to see our perspective on it: a Brit who spent a decade in China and my Chinese wife.

2 Likes

Yep…

5 Likes