What are you watching? 2022/23

Do you have a statement to frame the clip?

2 Likes

ā€œcalled itā€

3 Likes

I didnā€™t get the message. Maybe your call failed.

2 Likes

I just watched it and still wondered about the point: Fox does struggle at presenting information and I think that bias is an odd foreign word for them.

I almost expected a ā€˜lizard menā€™ statement from this or, a Davos is an illuminati conspiracy (the anchor certainly almost got there)

Maybe I can help you on news: I start my day with my Echo playing BBC Radio 4 at 6am and then my phones play World Service in Mandarin and Japanese - my morning start.

3 Likes

Does Pete Tong still have a show on Radio 1?

3 Likes

He did when I last listened to Radio One. That would be over a decade ago: When Tracy Emin was on Womanā€™s Hour and I tuned out.

2 Likes

Going to rewatch Land of the Dead after dinner and before Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Obviously Iā€™ll have my internal logic mode running. So
like having Roanoke screaming at you in your head:

5 Likes

That was a good watch @anon44012888.

2 Likes

Watched the first two eps of Obi-Wan Kenobi last night. As we havent seen him in a few years it was a lot of backstory.

Tonight we will be watching Alone and Stranger Things Season 4. It appears they are releasing some of the episodes now and the rest will be released the day we leave for vacation, of course, on July 1rst. So excited.

5 Likes

Three words. Fulfillment of Revelation.

2 Likes

Not sure why, but the wife started watching this one ā€¦

5 Likes

This is more my speedā€¦

8 Likes

Has she watched the original 3 mini-series? I prefer them.

How the original starts. Looking at Thatcher is an in-joke about the writer.

Ian Richardson (RIP) dominates the role with his Shakespearian background.

4 Likes

the US version buried the UK for searches. So can give only a few examples:

2 Likes

Oh, the US version of the original has clothes on the characters after sex. In the UK, we accept that they are hot, so clothes should be removed. But the US finds a naked woman to be a major cause of offence.

4 Likes

So, If I have to share the UK edit, there will be bits on show. But the 3 mini series will show how the UK version is a glorious story from start to end: House of Cards, To Play the King and The Final Cut.

Politics, sex and sexuality covered without judgement and the soundness of each character is the only query: Very British, as fucking a prostitute or a man fucking another man isnā€™t an issue: If they are trusted to be reliable after is.

3 Likes

I bet butcher paper won out. This is right in @DayTimeFrank wheelhouse.

I started using parchment paper instead of foil for cooking in the oven.

3 Likes

To get our minds off the horrific news of the Uvalde shooting we watched Senior Year. A funny, feel good movie with heartfelt life lessons. Iā€™m not surprised itā€™s the #3 pick right now.

4 Likes

@muth that has been the debate forever !!!

As expected, the foil was a little juicier, but wetter, with less firm bark, and the paper was slightly less juicy, but a firmer back, AND slightly more smoky.

The foil did cook, 1.5 hours faster, so if youā€™re in a hurry, foil up, if not, probably use the paper.

:slight_smile:

Snap 2022-05-28 at 14.09.41
Snap 2022-05-28 at 14.12.18

5 Likes

Heehee, Iā€™m just happy to see you spending time on other interests besides flavors. Sometimes it gets to be an overload.

4 Likes