What are you watching? 2022/23

Worth a watch before it gets taken down.

11 Likes

Thx Joel, I watch Joe every now and then. He gets some interesting people on.

2 Likes

That was excellent @anon44012888 thx :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks again.

2 Likes
8 Likes

What’s your opinion of it? I found it really forced in stereotypes, tick box inclusion and shallow cultural pandering. Though, Wong was great.

3 Likes

@anon44012888 What exactly is his point?

It is sprawling and without a clear thread or focus.

Although, I like how he attacks the rise of the Nazi party and then uses the exact same techniques he raised in his need to come together.

3 Likes

I don’t expect much of those stories but I’ve seen worse. I’d watch it again just for the visual effects and sound. The martial arts stuff is really well done, too. Yes, it has some holes and I have no real clue about the cultural side of it but it’s still a good film. So if you’re a chinese culture geek you may not enjoy it as much.

5 Likes

Just ran into another breath of fresh air:

5 Likes

I just started watching “Picket Fences” from the mid-90’s. I think it may be David E. Kelly’s first series, though he was a writer on a number of shows before that. I watched it when it was first on and after watching the first two episodes on Hulu I’m finding it enjoyably quirky. I remember thinking how old Tom Skerritt was when I first watched it and now he looks surprisingly younger than I recall. Guess it is because I am now 25 years older.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Did anybody watch the Dexter finale?

7 Likes

Not yet. I am still a few episodes behind. But looking forward to seeing how they close out this season. Sometimes I put off watching a season (or series) finale because I don’t want it to be over.

6 Likes

Allright, no spoilers then…
His sister wasn’t really dead and came back in the last episode.
No just joking, no spoilers…

7 Likes

@Bad_Influence Just finished it. :astonished: Thought it was pretty good. You?

6 Likes

It’s hard to give a spoiler free answer but I’m not sure yet. Unexpected to a degree. First impulse was that i was a but disappointed, which doesn’t mean I still see it that way after a couple of days.

6 Likes

I totally understand your impulse and spoiler free intentions lol…Same here.

6 Likes

Survivorman with Les Stroud.

ORDER - Survivorman - Les Stroud Films - 20th Anniversary Film Collection

5 Likes
5 Likes

Just watched last night. Been a big fan of the show since the beginning. I’m satisfied with it.

7 Likes