What are your current experiments?

It sounds like a complex marriage but I can imagine that when you crack it (which I’m sure you will) it will be well worth it.

6 Likes

Red, of course!

7 Likes

Have you tried adding some OOO CornBread to keep the popcorn flavor fresh/present while the custard matures?

5 Likes

Do you have FA Vanilla Popcorn? NomNomz has it, can’t find it here yet.

4 Likes

I am still trying all sorts of things to extinguish the chemical aftertaste of artificial sweetener. It varies from profile to profile. Squirrel offered some help by suggesting Back Bar Bitters and Amaretto Sour FLV. Also FLV Brie Cheese for the creamy profiles.

6 Likes

@muth if you are working that hard trying to cover up your current sweetner(s), maybe you outta try another one. Have you ever tried Rick’s Sugar Daddy ??

3 Likes

Are you trying to smother some of the sweetness in a commercial e-liquid? I just started that Cream Team Buttercream, I did two 10ml testers 1 bottle @the recommended 30% flavor which is the commercial juices total flavor and 1 @20% flavor. The 30% has a really heavy taste of Sweetener and Ethyl Maltol. The diluted 20% is slightly weaker in flavor but the extra VG helped to tame the sweetness. If you are working with a commercial ejuice try cutting it with Vg. So in a empty 30ml add 20ml to 25ml of commercial juice then top it off with 5ml to 10 ml of VG and shake the crap out of it. I do that if I have a commercial juice that is way too sweet it helps dilute the sweetness. It does also slightly dilute the flavor but it’s still better than tossing a $20 bottle of juice.

3 Likes

@McDuckie it looks like she’s having an issue with the aftertaste of artificial sweeteners…

2 Likes

Oh where did you get that? It’s my number 1 favorite liquid. I’d give my left arm for some lol

4 Likes

Hey Lynda, me and Muth got ours at https://ohmcityvapes.com/ they are based in Florida right next door to Kings Crest bottling facility. They have great prices and shipping isn’t bad either. I did a phone order and got the 30ml concentrates from Kings Crest and Cream Team. Around the same price as the regular premixed bottles 14.99 plus they offer 25% off your order. And I believe Muth is also in MA so they should ship to you.

6 Likes

Yes, I never have shipping issues from the FL vendors. All good!

5 Likes

So you still have the one shots that you mentioned earlier?

Thx for the suggestion. I have done something similar with another juice but instead of adding just VG, I topped it off with about 10% of 70/30 blend which was the original blend of the juice. It did help somewhat, like you said. I didn’t want to use straight VG because it’s so sweet. I’ve also topped off with straight PG because it tends to be bitter. That helped a bit, too, but it thins it out.

4 Likes

I’d rather drink straight bar bitters than have that aftertaste in my juice :nauseated_face:

Interesting…I just googled what is the opposite of sweet and both bitter and sour come up. Maybe I should try something sour which would probably be more compatible with a creamy profile than something bitter. A true Greek yogurt? or FLV Brie Cheese like Squirrel recommended? Idk

3 Likes

Buttermilk?

4 Likes

That sounds about right with this CT Buttercream @ 20% mixed fresh I’m definitely thinking it’s got a lot of FW Butter Cream but I’m also getting an almost a slight creamy Greek Yogurt style sour note (TPA Greek Yogurt) in the background. At 30% the sweetness was too much almost a aspartame kind of artificial sweetness. It’s not as bad at 20%. I see why Lynda likes this one it really resembles buttercream frosting.

4 Likes

Thx rcleven. Who makes a buttermilk concentrate?

3 Likes

WonderFlavors

3 Likes

Yes, gross. I noticed something interesting vaping it in different devices at low and high temps. In my dripper, at higher power it seemed less sweet. I just googled artificial sweeteners and heat degradation. Aspartame starts the degradation process at temps we commonly vape at. The link was scientifically heady so I just copied the below statement.

What temperature does aspartame breakdown at?

Study of thermal degradation of aspartame and its products of ...

The aspartame standard presented volatilization processes between 30 and 150 °C followed by three decomposition processes.

5 Likes

Not sure but I think SSA is offering a Buttermilk. Not adding to my collection of flavors so it kind of goes over my head.

4 Likes

@McDuckie let’s hope it’s not aspartame because it’s only to be used in cold foods/beverages because of its heat instability. And when it breaks down it’s not something you want to be inhaling.

5 Likes