What are your current experiments?

So you still have the one shots that you mentioned earlier?

Thx for the suggestion. I have done something similar with another juice but instead of adding just VG, I topped it off with about 10% of 70/30 blend which was the original blend of the juice. It did help somewhat, like you said. I didn’t want to use straight VG because it’s so sweet. I’ve also topped off with straight PG because it tends to be bitter. That helped a bit, too, but it thins it out.

4 Likes

I’d rather drink straight bar bitters than have that aftertaste in my juice :nauseated_face:

Interesting…I just googled what is the opposite of sweet and both bitter and sour come up. Maybe I should try something sour which would probably be more compatible with a creamy profile than something bitter. A true Greek yogurt? or FLV Brie Cheese like Squirrel recommended? Idk

3 Likes

Buttermilk?

4 Likes

That sounds about right with this CT Buttercream @ 20% mixed fresh I’m definitely thinking it’s got a lot of FW Butter Cream but I’m also getting an almost a slight creamy Greek Yogurt style sour note (TPA Greek Yogurt) in the background. At 30% the sweetness was too much almost a aspartame kind of artificial sweetness. It’s not as bad at 20%. I see why Lynda likes this one it really resembles buttercream frosting.

4 Likes

Thx rcleven. Who makes a buttermilk concentrate?

3 Likes

WonderFlavors

3 Likes

Yes, gross. I noticed something interesting vaping it in different devices at low and high temps. In my dripper, at higher power it seemed less sweet. I just googled artificial sweeteners and heat degradation. Aspartame starts the degradation process at temps we commonly vape at. The link was scientifically heady so I just copied the below statement.

What temperature does aspartame breakdown at?

Study of thermal degradation of aspartame and its products of ...

The aspartame standard presented volatilization processes between 30 and 150 °C followed by three decomposition processes.

5 Likes

Not sure but I think SSA is offering a Buttermilk. Not adding to my collection of flavors so it kind of goes over my head.

4 Likes

@McDuckie let’s hope it’s not aspartame because it’s only to be used in cold foods/beverages because of its heat instability. And when it breaks down it’s not something you want to be inhaling.

5 Likes

Wonder flavor.

5 Likes

I’m usually content with the sweetness of VG but if anyone is interested in sweetener, my deep dive took me to this site which may be helpful to others. Can’t say I haven’t learned something from this. It actually turned out to be a true experiment (ongoing). @SessionDrummer looks like Monk Fruit rates high on the list. Now I’m curious :wink:

4 Likes

@muth I have the WF Buttermilk and I love it! Adds a nice acidity to many recipes I try or create that seem to missing that certain “punch” it’s hard for me to describe but it is usually that missing element. I know I’m not very experienced but that’s my humble 2 cents :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I also have 120ml of WF Buttermilk I used it for a kiwi/straw yogurt that I used to make for my son. In conjunction with tpa greek yogurt and fw yogurt it made for a really punchy sour yogurt.

5 Likes

@McDuckie that sounds delicious! I may have to place a second BCF order in as many days lol :laughing:

4 Likes

@muth not yet but I have been tempted as I gather it’s rather good but there are very few recipes that actually utilise it so I have held back on getting it.

4 Likes

Well, at least one of us has common sense.

4 Likes

On the contrary, you have shown that you have plenty of common sense on many occasions when it’s most needed.

4 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden @muth Common Sense? I don’t have that flavor, where might one pick some up? :crazy_face: :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m looking at the back of my shelves right now because apparently @Lucas_James_Holden thinks I have plenty stocked up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Especially when you’ve overpoured erroneous sweetener into the mix :crazy_face:

5 Likes