What Are Your Favorite Vanilla Combinations?

Do you have a combination of vanillas you mix when you want a vanilla to slap you in the face? Whether it be a vanilla layered cake (Wedding Cake) or a vanilla pipe tobacco, etc.?

I ask because often my vanillas get “lost in the translation”.

12 Likes

Having Vanilla be the top note has been something I haven’t been able do … It be interested to see / vape a recipe that is a vanilla dominate vape…

9 Likes

Oh no, did I hit upon another difficult task? Figures…Thanks for replying and I hope we get some answers here.

6 Likes

Depends on how I expect my vanillas to “become”

Are we talking ice cream (vanilla bean, flv covers that, just add how thick of a cream you want)
How about a smooth vanilla (add some bourbon and oh yes! Again… flavorah)
just a plain vanilla… most struggle with it as well as in custards. Vanilla can be fickle, especially if you try over and over, you can kill off your taste buds… They might come back later, but the more you push (think strawberry blindness, or failure to taste blue raspberry) it can happen you might never taste it again in a vape…

It’s not so difficult, @muth … you take a chance to experiment, or give it some time and vape something of the opposite. Doesnt have to be flavorah, but that is what suits my taste buds :slight_smile:

10 Likes

If I don’t want custard notes with my vanilla then the go to has been inw shisha vanilla, it is bright, leans a little toward icing, and doesn’t really bully other flavors, or get bullied that bad, but it’s not a good primary vanilla because it does get bullied a little, and it also blends like vanilla in food recipes.

Here lately I have been playing with vanilla blast from flavor revolution as a replacement because I feel like I can’t trust inw to not reformulate every flavor I love lol. If you are looking for a primary note vanilla then I think fr will fit the bill, it’s like shisha on steroids. It does have its drawbacks like any flavor, and I haven’t posted any detailed notes on it because it behaves unpredictably as a mixer.

For reference, I have a custard recipe that includes 1.5% inw shisha vanilla, and I can replace it with 0.5% fr, but after a week or two of steeping the strong icing notes bully around the vanilla in cap vcv1, but I can take it to 1% with certain bakeries like JF yellow cake and it’s a nice background vanilla frosting note. I also for the life of me can’t figure out how to blend it with la cream cheese icing to get the Cinnabon frosting notes like you can with shisha…sorry I went off on a tangent a bit but if you like experimenting with new flavors that not many people have then flavor revolution is a fun company to try, they also have several vanilla blends and if they are all as strong as vanilla blast then you might be able to find what you want. Good luck!

10 Likes

I’ve been on a quest to find “my” vanilla since quite a while. Not very successful and I don’t really spend much time on it. However, I recently found Holy Vanilla and it is very promising. I think it goes in the right direction. It’s very creamy but as a standalone it’s missing something so I’ve started adding FA Meringue for the sugary notes and it seems to be working for what i am looking for.
I’m even tempted to add some sweetener although I’ve never (successfully) done that to any of my recipes.

Still in an early stage but Holy Vanilla has some real potential. I also liked Shisha Vanilla very much but none of the single flavor vanillas I’ve tried so far are really what I’m looking for. The best I ever had was Totally Wicked’s vanilla but they stopped producing it.

10 Likes

Not a top note , but ive found MF vanilla added to any other vanilla will get you a good vanilla flavor the best imo … I havent tried FLV smooth vanilla or DIYFS holy since ive had MF in my stash ive never found a need to so

10 Likes

I was reluctant so far to get into the MF stuff so far, especially the vanilla. Some people were quite disappointed with it from what I’ve been reading here. Somebody described it as soapy so I kept away. I guess I’ll have to buy it now :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

That’s a new one on me! I wonder if that was from the 1st run at ECX with Lotus in the glass bottles. Maybe it was old? Hmmm. Everyone tastes things differently, I suppose. I get a very true Vanilla with a slightly creamy texture.

I haven’t nailed down a good combo using it for a Vanilla mix, but I blame the other flavors and my lack of full-range % sft on each of them.

7 Likes

Soapy wow I wonder how they used it , what percent ? With what flaves etc… Ive went as high as 1pct and no soap , not off taste jist vanilla yum lol… 1pct is max imo keep ot between .4 to .8 and it all the vanilla you need … Like most MF flaves ( all ) steepimg is required. I habe noticed a lot of other mixers form otjer places othe than ELR forum seem to want SnV recipes , MF is not a SnV extract

6 Likes

I Like to use it in a VIC base…

LB VIC 3.5pct
FLV Cream .5 to 1pct
MF vanilla .5 pct

Simple… i use the cream and vanilla to add to what I think is missing from the LB … I see LB use higher bit I can go higher or ill get the pepper note :frowning:

I have been trying to add VT milkshake base to this but havemt had luck yet

10 Likes

I haven’t had a soapy note from vanilla mf…but I normally just use 1-2drops per 15ml or 0.03grams.

Please note that it was announced that holy vanilla will be Reformulated from what I heard.

7 Likes

Some holy vanilla v2 samples have been sent out and a few have ordered it for comparison. From all accounts v2 is very good, just a touch brighter and not as rich.

6 Likes

No FLV or LB for me… I bet that’s super tasty, though!

I’m fiddling around mixing it with Vanilla Custard and Creme Brulee RF and Whipped Cream FW, which is alcohol & glycerine based

6 Likes

Ahhh yes thats right … I find the RFSC cream is similar to FLV cream , juice junkie lover turned me on to that … So if you have that with an Ice Cream from RFSC should be good to go :wink:

I do like RFSC Vanilla Custard as well

7 Likes

This was my latest attempt at a Vanilla mix. It’s ok, just needs to be cleaned up, lots of % to be reduced.

7 Likes

Nice… I heard their VIC was a very good flavor…

6 Likes

It is, I just keep it sub 1%. Then again, i haven’t tried it above 0.5 in so long, i might crank it up for a solo to see what happens at say 1% and 2%. I’ll mix that up and get back with ya.

6 Likes

Lol. Not as good as lb.

6 Likes

Well I havent heard that …

5 Likes