What Are Your Favorite Vanilla Combinations?

Meant to say not as. Lol.

6 Likes

A more sensible V2 mixing tonight:

I might still turn some things down to let the MF have the spotlight.

6 Likes

Ok now I have it bad… can’t figure out…
do I want a vanilla coffee (with caramel) or… buttery vanilla caramel popcorn…

hmm… I have a few pages of vanilla… but out of that…

yeah… mix time! :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I was sure I’ve read it here on ELR but a search for “soapy” didn’t return anything in connection with MF. I’ll give the search another go later.

6 Likes

Vanilla mixed with anything is good to me, smooth vanilla FLV , shisha vanilla INW, of course LB vanilla ice cream, I mixed a vanilla rhubarb that was top notch, but really more raspberry,

9 Likes

I have VIC RFSC 0.5%, 1% and 2% sft’s steeping. I’m hoping to find out I’ve been too timid with it all this time. I’ll check in at the 2 week mark and 1 month.

6 Likes

Thanks Smokey. I’m trying to create something similar to a commercial juice I like. It’s a vanilla forward vape with layers of vanilla and a hint of butterscotch at the end.
Some call it wedding cake although I don’t notice anything cakey just layers of creamy vanilla with that luscious butterscotch note.

I’ve been warned about mixing too many or the wrong kind of vanillas as it can get muddled.

7 Likes

I’m trying to create something similar (not necessarily clone) to a commercial liquid by G2 called Vazilla.

4 Likes

fr? Ya mean French Vanilla?

2 Likes

Yes, and in fact there is a solo flavor… not sure if @Flavorah will find it and bring it out, but it’s now on the list and it’s a mighty big list ha! :stuck_out_tongue: but there is a solo flavor called wedding cake, and I am very familiar with it…

Did you notice if it had any cake crust-y type or if it was just a wedding cake??

If it is the one I am thinking on, try this:

All flv (yeah I know!)

1% Pound cake
1% Cupcake batter
1% Vanilla Custard (or pudding)
.4% Frosting
.4% butterscotch
.12% Sugar Orchid
.04% Smooth Vanilla

Will get you super close… I think I have a 15 ml left of that particular flavor… but that is a maybe… will have to check and see. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:laughing:

5 Likes

I did end up with my vanilla oreo… it’s close to that wedding cake, but as a cookie…
If @Flavorah would break out a fantastic yellow cake… hint hint :stuck_out_tongue:

haha!!

Oh the want list grows yet again!!! :smile:

4 Likes

Gotta book it to 2nd shift. Can’t wait to get back to this thread later. Thx everyone!

3 Likes

don’t work too hard @muth… will be bouncing around somewhere… too much coffee today…

4 Likes

Sorry, I was in a rush and didn’t catch this. I’ve heard of them but don’t have any of their flavors. I’m not afraid of strong vanilla so it may be worth a try. I’m always crying that the vanilla is too weak in my recipes. Or that it misses the mark. I know I’m missing some sort of accent or combination because I have a lot of vanillas I’ve tried.

5 Likes

I don’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I do have that and the smell from the bottle reminds me of Holy Vanilla. I like your description of it, thx.

5 Likes

I’ve used both of them, like them, and I agree with you about needing something something. I, too, have been on a vanilla quest for a long time. Apparently, like caramel, it’s not that easy. But like caramel I think it needs a boost from something else like caramel needs a boost from butterscotch. I’m wondering if using the FA vanillas which have clear profiles might help, Holy Vanilla and the others mentioned are more on the creamy side. Maybe adding a touch of alcohol? I always liked that alcohol taste in vanilla extract :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Don’t get the wrong idea, lol.

4 Likes

I have both of those. Some say HV is a good sub for MF, especially pound for pound or I should say dollar for dollar. Expensive stuff for someone who would take a bath in vanilla if I could. A natural and beautifully extracted vanilla bean is all you would ever need but it’s hard to replicate that in a flavor concentrate…I’m still not giving up, though! Just throw vanilla beans in my coffin.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. I was getting worried about that news.

4 Likes