What Are Your Favorite Vanilla Combinations?

So…I opened the new PG. It says use by 5/1/21 on the bottle. This one also has a slightly bitter taste to it. Is that normal? I’ve never noticed it before. The other one was definitely wretched, though.

2 Likes

shouldn’t be bitter, but I don’t go around licking just pg :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Now you know my sick, dark secret…I go around licking everything :crazy_face:
Bwahaha ha ha…!!!

4 Likes

@anon84779643 anyone who might know? I got my calibration weight yesterday and it’s kind of dinged up. A couple of small dents and a scratch. Will that throw the weight off? (Now that I know how sensitive scales are!)

1 Like

I can give mine a lick test when i get home if nobody jumps in before then.

2 Likes

Oh no, don’t do that! Your saliva might add 0.02g to it :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh for f%#k’s sake! I just discovered my scale needs a 200g cal weight, not a 100g, which I bought. The problem is that the instructions for the scale are horribly written and simply not clear. I’m getting ready to buy a new scale. This is ridiculous.

1 Like

This is what I ordered, little more expensive but comes with 2x100g weights and the cord as well as batteries.

8 Likes

Yep, pretty much the DIY standard right there. Keep an eye on it at Amazon too, it once dropped to $20 so I bought an extra as a backup. My original is 2+ years old though and still working fine, my tare button membrane is gone though, still works :wink:

6 Likes

Little more expensive than which? I also saw the LB 501 listed for $24.99, same price as the LB Precision Series. The Amazon listings are wonky, though. You go to that listing and it has 2 sellers. You choose the other and it switches up the scale model. I searched for 501 and the other one came up (Precision Series) and I didn’t notice it. I was in a rush to get to work and I hit check out. Now it’s already shipped! OMG, I should wait for Mercury to get out of retrograde, lol.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m going to do; look for a price drop. But for now I needed one pronto and strapped for $ right now. Hope the LB Precision Series works okay. At least it comes with all the accessories like the 501. Who knows, now that I’ll have the correct calibration weight (200g), for my first scale, it may pan out fine and I’ll have a back up. Geez, I never went through so much rigmarole around a purchase.

4 Likes

This is what I mean about wonky Amazon. I went to the American Weigh website and searched the LB-501. Then I searched the one listed on Amazon called the LB Series Precision which looks just like the 501. It doesn’t exist! Not on the AWS website. Is someone selling the 501 and calling it something else? These are the things that make me want to…

Related image

3 Likes

Woot, woot !!! Here’s the Amazon resolution to the above post of mine… I received my order today and they delivered the AW LB-501 for $24.99 with free one-day shipping. This was the one called AW LB-Series Precision. It was also the link from Wayne Walker on his youtube channel. For what it’s worth, I emailed AWS and asked them about the misleading Amazon listing. Tomorrow I’ll email Amazon about it. These are the things that can drive a customer mad. Like me.

4 Likes

Oh bollocks I just realized DIYFS holy vanilla v1 is not available anymore. Has anybody tried V2? I really liked V1 and just finished a strawberry fog variation with V1 which is excellent (well, I like it, who knows)

1 Like

V2 was scrapped as I understand it but it has been replaced with Holy Resurrection

https://www.diyflavorshack.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HOLY-RESURRECTION-Flavoring-DI

I have not tried the newest version so I cannot comment there is some info here

3 Likes

LOL “Here’s a new version of the old holy vanilla”
Sounds a little bit like Holy Vanilla V3. And not good for V2, I guess it must be bad if they come up with the new old… Oh I’m getting confused now.

4 Likes

Reminds me of the Coca Cola>New Coke>Coca Cola Classic debacle. It helped the sales of the old formula quite a bit, it seems.

4 Likes

Ive been feeling this very much too @muth
I know this thread is older but I cant seem to get any vanilla recipes the sweet potent I want it to be ive tried so many but not able to nail down even 1 or 2 vanillas my favourite being INW shisha vanilla. And now ive been actually looking more at Vanilla bean gelato TFA alot because i have a huge stash of 100ml that was given to me but not able to mix it yet without overflavoring or under. You found any you can dig up im dying for a strong vanilla bean flavor…yum! Made a big one of TFA VBIC but even it seems like it fading quicker than i can say no.

4 Likes

You might want to add sweetener to your vanilla if that’s the case. What you’re mixing it with will also determine what type vanilla to use. Read HIC’s flavor notes on the three FA vanillas (just look for one of them like Vanilla Classic or Madagascar and he talks about all of them).

Medicine Flower has a wonderful Vanilla. Vanilla Overload by Gremlin is great, too. Shisha Vanilla is a go to for me, as well.

7 Likes

Thanks @muth

3 Likes