What Are Your Favorite Vanilla Combinations?

So, are you saying that those 7 flavors would be the equivalent to that solo flavor called Wedding Cake? Heck, I’ll try it. I can’t wait for a solo release. The one I’m talking about has no crusty notes to it at all. It feels like somebody threw you in a commercial vat of cake batter and you’re just swirling around in smooth lusciousness. Thank you for the recipe. Much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@anon84779643 BCF carries all the flavors but Sugar Orchid. I really want to try it but would it be a deal breaker if not in this recipe. I’ll try looking elsewhere for something closer than Seattle. BCF gets me orders in about 3 days.

5 Likes

Yes, that should equal wedding cake. You might want to adjust amounts to your liking but it will be a spot on wedding cake. :smile:

Contact bcf and see if they can order it up for you… I am not sure who else will carry it, even tho I am on the East coast… @BullCityFlavors :blush:

4 Likes

Thx for the advice. I did see it on the Flavorah.com site under the shop tab but looks like it would ship from Seattle. Making a 100% FLV recipe would be new to me. I only have a few of their flavors and am looking forward to trying this. I usually use a combo of brands but I think it’s interesting that you and HIC pretty much stick to your brand. I’m a little jealous because it sure would make things easier to work within one brand and not have to go hopping around so much.

4 Likes

@anon84779643 Woot Woot! I went back to BCF to start building a wish list and I saw Sugar Orchid. Not sure what happened but I’m glad. I’m very tempted to just mix the recipe without solo testing. Do you think it would be foolish of me? Oh heck, I can always do that later…I can’t wait! I’m excited about this.

7 Likes

Do it!!! :stuck_out_tongue: have fun and enjoy that so… oh my!! <3

4 Likes

@anon84779643 I got my flavors the other day. I’m a little freaked because by the time I saw my mail the sun had already been hitting my mailbox. I’m so OCD that I’m trying to figure out how long it was sitting there by following the sun over my house today. I don’t think it was over an hour but the box was a little warm. I’m afraid I’ll open it up and see a bunch of cloudy bottles or something. Am I just being some crazy broad or do I have reason for concern?

4 Likes

Second that. So Desperate for a super rich full Vanilla also… IGonna put a few mL of some vanilla heavy recipes away for 6 months and see that makes any difference. :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Probably fine. A few of the flavors are bit non-opaque. Pictures are good.

4 Likes

It will be fine… no worries @muth :smile:

5 Likes

The flavors looked normal. According to the sun’s direction I think it only had direct exposure for 15-20 mins.

5 Likes

I’ve been desperate for years. There’s a commercial juice that gives me that satisfaction but I’ll be damned if I haven’t found any vanilla(s) flavors that come close. I figure I must be missing some other key ingredients that add to the lushness. Good luck on your steepers.

5 Likes

Test them at 2,4 and then 6 mo @Freddie3

if you make enough, weekly testing is better… sometimes juices can steep too much causing a breakdown… you need to find where your flavors do that… (depending on what you are mixing with)

8 Likes

That’s so much work! :flushed: Don’t mind me. My father always said I had 2 speeds…slow and stop.

8 Likes

but isn’t your mouth worth it?? :smile:

4 Likes

Since you put it that way…and on that note, I’ve got to get busy figuring out my next testers. Have a great night Smoky and all. See you on the flip side.

6 Likes

Good point. I will miss the window of (when it @ it’s best.) Just letting it sit 6mo.

TYVM @anon84779643

6 Likes

No worries… I start my batches off in 30ml… if I vape it up too fast, then it’s a 60ml… next a 4 oz and that normally lasts me between a month to 3 months… Its all in what you mix as well as in the how. I’m thinking now on an ebook of tips and suggestions, especially working with flv, but they can apply to other manufactures :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sweet! Just filling my tank with some Vanilla Pudding FLV right now. SF :wink:

Still have the ELR community FLV Recipe book. Unfortunately only 4 FLV flavors. As soon as I get on my feet better. I’ll dive into yours and other FLV recipes buy some more FLV and do some heavy mixing with FLV. I do 5mL for new recipes. and 15 - 30 for stuff I like depending on how long it needs to steep. And some fruit stones I keep handy if I want to add Fruits later.

5 Likes

I will be doing more contests here too @Freddie3, so maybe that will help as well.

5ml is hard to do with flv, is why I suggest 10ml… 30ml for recipes liked… and increase from there.
with a 5ml… if you skipped alpine, clove, ginger, rich and fire cinnamon… you might be able to… but you really need 30mls for those… 1-3 drops in 30ml… it will just be too much in a 5ml

6 Likes