What Are Your Favorite Vanilla Combinations?

Oh bollocks I just realized DIYFS holy vanilla v1 is not available anymore. Has anybody tried V2? I really liked V1 and just finished a strawberry fog variation with V1 which is excellent (well, I like it, who knows)

1 Like

V2 was scrapped as I understand it but it has been replaced with Holy Resurrection

https://www.diyflavorshack.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HOLY-RESURRECTION-Flavoring-DI

I have not tried the newest version so I cannot comment there is some info here

3 Likes

LOL “Here’s a new version of the old holy vanilla”
Sounds a little bit like Holy Vanilla V3. And not good for V2, I guess it must be bad if they come up with the new old… Oh I’m getting confused now.

4 Likes

Reminds me of the Coca Cola>New Coke>Coca Cola Classic debacle. It helped the sales of the old formula quite a bit, it seems.

4 Likes

Ive been feeling this very much too @muth
I know this thread is older but I cant seem to get any vanilla recipes the sweet potent I want it to be ive tried so many but not able to nail down even 1 or 2 vanillas my favourite being INW shisha vanilla. And now ive been actually looking more at Vanilla bean gelato TFA alot because i have a huge stash of 100ml that was given to me but not able to mix it yet without overflavoring or under. You found any you can dig up im dying for a strong vanilla bean flavor…yum! Made a big one of TFA VBIC but even it seems like it fading quicker than i can say no.

4 Likes

You might want to add sweetener to your vanilla if that’s the case. What you’re mixing it with will also determine what type vanilla to use. Read HIC’s flavor notes on the three FA vanillas (just look for one of them like Vanilla Classic or Madagascar and he talks about all of them).

Medicine Flower has a wonderful Vanilla. Vanilla Overload by Gremlin is great, too. Shisha Vanilla is a go to for me, as well.

7 Likes

Thanks @muth

3 Likes