What Banana actually works for you?

Same, but figured I didn’t need them that badly after all… lol

I remember reading that on one of the FB groups, blows the mind I reckon. Not good business sense in any way, shape or form!

I will try to work with what I have before starting to import more flavours… you would think some combo of them would work given their reviews.

5 Likes

Care to share what percentages you use? Have not got red touch but have a few other good ones. INW Shisha Strawberry is one of my favourite strawberries so have plenty of that.

Be interested if you do come close, sounds like a good combination. Might have to experiment with my stash and see if anything would work.

6 Likes

I tend to mix pretty strong. My wife vapes this all the time.

2% Banana Puree WF
2% Banana Ripe Flavor Revolution
1.5% INW Shisha Strawberry
1.5 FA Red Touch
1% Vanilla Cream Extra WF
.5 % Sweet Coconut FLV.

5 Likes

Will have to sub the red touch, vanilla cream extra and the sweet coconut.
Only have Coconut Custard (SC) (WF) for the coconut sub, have plenty of strawberries and vanilla creams though…

4 Likes

The Vanilla Cream Extra has kind of a sour “wang” and the Sweet Coconut is more for mouth feel but seems to tame the VC extra a little. Its a balancing act between the bananas and strawberries so whatever your favorites are should work fine. I can’t taste Banana Puree very well by itself but the combo with FR works for me. They’re both pretty natural instead of candied.

3 Likes

Cool mate, thanks.
Do you and your wife vape DTL or MTL? Ask as I am only MTL so may need to play with percentages a bit.

4 Likes

We’re both DTL but we generally stay under 40 watts with roughly .4 Ohm coils. (26/32 ga Clapton)

Edited LOL

3 Likes

Thanks, I mainly vape at 20w or under but in TC mode (420F). Use either SS316L 26 or28 Ga Round wire or SS316L claptons. Usually stay well above 0.6 ohms with the very occasional exception at 0.55ish. So the percentages should be about right for me too.

4 Likes

Banana TFA is one of the first flavors I got and I got 100 ml of them. It is a very strong flavor for me, 0.5 % to 1% in a mix has worked well for me, Banana nut bread TFA is an amazing one: 6 to 8 % stand alone and a touch of Acetylpyrazine to boost the nuttiness if i decide to be picky on it.

5 Likes

No one mentioned Banana from Real Flavors, Super Concentrate. I like that one the most, though I am not an expert and have not tried MBs banana.

4 Likes

What pct are you using for each one? Over usage can mute.

Banana is a flavor that hits me in the face, so strong ones don’t work for me. From that list Banana Cream (colorless LA) works best for me. Probably the cream tones it down.

4 Likes

Yet another I will have to look for I guess…

Have only done SFT at medians from the database. Will have to experiment some more and try higher and lower.

Take Flavor Revolution Banana Ripe for instance, The median SF is 6%, the average is 4.4%. I have tried at those plus 2% and under 1% as I know @Silhouette and others recommend using this at a really small percentage, but it still tastes weird to me even at those.

Otherwise, I just may not have found the right one or combo that works for me.

I don’t get much from this, what percentage do you use?

4 Likes

3-4% as top note depending on recipe.

3 Likes

Have you done a SFT on it? Or have a good recipe it goes in that is banana forward?

2 Likes

So yesterday I had time to do a quick mix that seems promising…

I took 60ml of my steeped CAP Vanilla Custard V1 mix (70vg, 2.5mg, steeped 6 weeks) and added 2.5% (1.5ml) Of TFA Ripe Banana.

Off the shake it’s a little chemically but I can definitely taste a ripe banana custard with it. Will let it steep a week and see where it goes. Hoping the chemical note will tone down or disappear totally.

4 Likes

Just caught this thread and kinda skimmed through it, have you tried the Banana FLV yet, I like it at 1%, seems to need a little longer steep than some of the other FLV fruits IMO, maybe a week or two then just keeps getting better :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks mate, I only have the bananas in my first post.

Not particularly wanting to get more concentrates as I have a heap of my ADV ingredients and don’t have much in disposable income at present.

Also, I have definitely found that my sense of taste is weird/damaged from the many years of heavy smoking. That, combined with MTL vaping, seems to make what I like very much different to the norm.

Make sense?

3 Likes

Makes perfect sense to me, after 42 years of smoking the stinky sticks, yeah I know exactly what your saying :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Annoying isn’t it.

Find all these highly rated flavours and recipes, mix them up and… blah.

Still, have found some favs and been off the smokes for over 2.5 years so there is some good stuff for my tastes out there.

3 Likes

Yeah sure is, they said “once you quit smoking, your sense of taste and smell will be dramatically improved”, well it’s been 4 years for me me and it’s still a bitch, but slowly able to lower the flavor percentages with good results. Yeah Banana’s a tough one for me too (not to mention Strawberry ) I vape DTL so I may need flavor :man_shrugging: anyway I find banana’s needs more steep time for me for some reason.

3 Likes