What Banana actually works for you?

I have the following Banana concentrates and have tried them all SFT at median percentages but fail to taste banana… is it just me or am I missing something?

Soft Banana (Molinberry)
Ripe Banana (TPA)
Banana Ripe (FR)
Banana Candy (FR)
Banana Puree (WF)
Banana Cream (TPA)
Banana Cream (Colourless) (LA)
Banana (Bano) (FA)
Banana Nut Bread (TPA)

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated :smiley:

7 Likes

Try Banana (FLV) START at 1%. It’s very strong!

Also, you may be over flavoring, causing it to mute out.

Try SFT at lower percentage. Like 1% and gradually increase untill you can taste it.

7 Likes

Thanks, I will see if I can get the flv from my supplier.
I vape MTL and still have taste issues from when I used to smoke. Will try lower and see what happens.

3 Likes

Let us know how you go buddy.

4 Likes

Cheers mate, will do.

3 Likes

I also don’t get much from banana flavors. I recently got MF Banana as well as Blueberry, another one that has eluded me. I’ll get to them soon and I’ll try to remember to post back here with my thoughts.

4 Likes

Banana (bano)FA works for me. Start with real low Percentages I find it’s strong

4 Likes

Flv banana, mb soft banana and wf banana puree all work well for me. Hope you find one that works for you.

With everyone tasting things differently do 5 sft and increase % by 1 each test (flv banana just do 1 additional drop in a 10ml)

6 Likes

Looking for natural banana or candy banana flavor?

4 Likes

You might get some useful info here

6 Likes

Unfortunately the old adage of taste is so subjective is always there in regards to vaping. I’ve failed to see the attraction that some concentrates receive but conversely seem to disagree with the negative comments others do. We are all different and enjoy different tastes.
When I’m thinking about buying a new concentrate I always check on here first and try and glean a general consensus but even that has backfired on occasions.

Personally I’ve only tried a few banana flavours, some of which were before the time of actually making notes but found that in my opinion the one I kept avoiding due to negative comments I read has been my favourite.
Currently I have;

1/ FA banana which I find acceptable but weak. I initially mixed it at 4% standalone and whilst I taste banana at that percentage it wasn’t what I wanted. Subsequently I have tried it a bit lower in case of muting but just found it even weaker. I’ve settled on using it in recipes but at 2-3% mixed with another banana.
2/ TFA Banana Ripe is my favourite which I initially tried at 12% and found it just the taste I was chasing but just perhaps a little strong. I appreciate its not the same taste as actually eating a banana but in my opinion it transfers to what I want to taste when I’m vaping. Subsequently I use it in recipes at about 8% and find it works well for me.
3/ TFA Banana Cream is the third I own which I thought I’d try as I enjoyed Ripe so much. Whilst I enjoy it and can’t fault its description I don’t think it’s as good as Ripe. Initially mixed at 12% too but personally I think that percentage could be increased as a standalone.
4/ As I made the mistake of buying FW Banana Split ages ago in a 30ml bottle I still have some left. Initially mixed at 15% (from memory) and I basically tasted nothing and find it next to useless. Subsequently I have used it in recipes but still use it at 15% and add Banana Ripe to it.

I’m sure others will disagree but if there’s one sure thing with taste in regards to vaping it’s a case of trying it for oneself.
I believe this explains my own personal rabbit hole I fell into as I’m constantly looking for a better concentrate although I am learning to be happy with what I have and just work harder at using them.

Just my opinion.

6 Likes

Natural mate, not really into candy stuff. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you, I will look at that today. Cheers.

5 Likes

I am wondering if I have a Banana blindness, thought I had a strawberry one but worked that out with the right concentrates. Be interested how you go with the MF.

I know I tried this at the median (4%) some time ago, might try lower to see what it does.

Will mix up some 10ml testers through the week and see what happens.

I agree totally, have found that with a lot of different flavours myself.

Have only just got this one and have not really tested it yet. The median is only 5% so will do some testers stronger too and see if that helps.

6 Likes

It was said to be a tank cracker but presumably most vapers use glass nowadays.
I think you mentioned you prefer a natural tasting banana but I believe this one leans more towards a lolly type. It actually reminds me of those little foam banana lollies.
As you already have it perhaps give it a go and you might be pleasantly surprised like me.
Or try to blend others with it?

Good luck anyway.

5 Likes

Of all the ones I’ve tried, Medicine Flower is the one I’d recommend then.

5 Likes

Ahhhh, no idea where to even start looking for that. My Aussie supplier doesn’t stock MF.

5 Likes

I’ve looked for MF in Australia and couldn’t find them listed anywhere.
I can’t remember which particular concentrate I was chasing but I gave up looking.

This might be completely wrong but I think there’s a company called Chefs Flavours in the UK that has them and the postage isn’t too bad. As I say that’s raking my memory bank and I could easily be wrong.

I nearly took the plunge there to buy VT flavours which will sound extraordinary but I was tempted to try quite a few of theirs. It was actually cheaper to buy them from the UK than here in Australia!
I emailed VT and was ignored so basically thought bugger them and didn’t buy any.

4 Likes

My favorite is Banana Ripe by Flavor Revolution. I combine this with INW Strawberry Sisha and FA Red Touch for a Straw/ban mix I’ve made for a long time. Pretty potent.

7 Likes

Banana and strawberry is one of my favorite combos to eat. I wish I could come close to replicating it in a vape. Gotta keep at it.

6 Likes