What books do you like to read?

I might get to that point. Right now I still enjoy the hell out of them.
They can go on too long. I’ve had that with television series.
You get to the point that you’ve had enough. An endless repeat of the same kind of situations.
They should know when to stop.
Fortunately, there’s never a problem too big that death can’t solve.

I will have to check that one out. I just looked her up, she died too!
Didn’t get any further than Y in the alphabet series.
I wonder why. :rofl:
Only just saw that you mentioned that in your post. Too hasty with my reply.

4 Likes

I’ve gotten halfway through the third. I’m utterly fed up with it. Apart from your warning, the title should’ve told me.
The wheel of time is an endless repeat of the same shit, over and over again. :weary:
Picked up a book by J.A. Conrath, aka Jack Killborn. Whiskey Sour, about a female detective called Jack Daniels.
156 pages of unadulterated crime, with an ending. There’s a few more in that series.

I looked for that, but I can’t find any downloads for that one, not with any active seeds anyway.
I don’t like paying for books from dead authors. They don’t need the cash, I do.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty much how I felt after the third one too. I gave it two more thinking it might improve but, nope - still sucked. Hard to believe there are about 15 of them.
Lately, I’ve been reading horror comedies. Mindless but offer instant gratification. D.M. Guay is a favorite author at the moment. For non-horror comedy, I love reading Christopher Moore. Lamb is one of the funniest books I’ve ever read.

2 Likes

I’ve got six of his books on my e-reader. I think Lars recommended him way back.
Forgot all about it. I’ve got around 3000 books on my reader. Keep getting sidetracked every time I look at the library.
Usually end up reading something completely different. It’s funny though, often the books I end up reading, are somehow connected to shit I go through at that moment.
Must be the wheel of time weaving it’s pattern. :grin:

3 Likes

I can’t remember the quote, but there was something about “The Wheel ever turns” that is quoted ad-nauseam throughout all his books. I remember talking to my sister about why I gave up on it and getting ramped up to lunatic-rampage level about it. That and constant mentions of the women pulling on their braids. Jesus!

Edit: Almost forgot. If you like these fantasy-type books, try The Deed of Paksinarrion by Elizabeth Moon. I read it 30 years ago and to this day it’s one of the best stories of that genre that I’ve read. I think it was originally a trilogy then republished as a single book. Then followed by another tie-in series. Never read the second series, the first was so good I didn’t want to spoil it. There is a wiki page on it if you’re interested in learning more.

3 Likes

That, and doing the same stupid shit over and over again. They barely got back into the tower, and off they were going again on another spur of the moment ‘adventure’.
I just couldn’t take it any longer.

3 Likes

Yep, it is. I found it. It’s a great story so far. The woman has a braid, but thank God it’s stuck in a helmet, so she’s not pulling it ad nauseam. :relieved:

3 Likes

For the thousandth time; still very relevant! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

That was a very good read!
Thanks, I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. :+1:

3 Likes

Great inspirational read! And I love Kristin Hannah

3 Likes

I knew you’d like it! :grinning:

2 Likes