What books do you like to read?

That’s funny! My Dad introduced ME to these books!! LOL

I use Google books for audio and reading. It will read it to you using text to speech.

2 Likes

not sure if there are any Pedergast audio books available but if you’re into the zombie end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it thing (and really…who isn’t?) there was a great radio play called We’re Alive that was very good. I found it years ago on YT but don’t know if it’s still available. You can google it as I think there was a website dedicated to the series and they had free downloadable podcasts of the show. I used to play it in the car and take the long way to work just so I could get more time to listen.

5 Likes

I remember the TV show and thought I would read the books, but I forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me.

4 Likes

There is this one

It’s still around :grin:

4 Likes

Nice! It really is a well put together production.
You got me Pendergasting now. I’m going to have to go into The Garage From Hell and look through my book boxes.

5 Likes

Ya, the tv show had promise but the character where nothing like the books and not only in physical appearance, and I just couldn’t get into it.

@Josephine_van_Rijn

I actually use Audible
https://www.audible.com/

and I have been using them for over 10yrs now. I only pay $14.00 every other month and that comes with a free credit after I pay my bill. A credit will get you any book you want and looking through there inventory they have the whole series. A membership includes

• 1 credit per month, good for any title—plus free Audible Originals each month

• Easy listening with the free Audible app—at home, in the car, or in the gym

• Exclusive audio-guided wellness programs

• Quick and easy exchanges on listens they don’t love

Also, you can do like I do and pay every other month which is much cheaper.

Your first month is free and when you sign up you get a free book also. here is a link in case you are interested. It is not an affiliate. If you decide to do it I will also give you a book.

So much better than TV

I just picked up “Relic” with a credit. It looks like a good read and sounds kinda like “The Dresden Files”

6 Likes

The Pendergast series has small bits of super/paranormal stuff but it’s more action/FBI/police/mystery/murder/who-dun-it but they’re really well written and paced similarly to the Dresden Files. Sprinkled with a bit of humor, here and there.

One of my favorite series. I’m on the second to last book, as we speak, LOL.

4 Likes

I’m half way through reliquary now and completely hooked. :+1:

5 Likes

Fantastic!! I am on the fourth book of The Dresden Files series, now…haha and I’M hooked lol :laughing::grin:

5 Likes

I enjoy mostly non fiction. Autobiographies, true crime, history, with a bit of erotica thrown in for good measure. I lived at the library as a kid and used book stores.
I found this website recently… I won’t say what book I recently checked out because it’s very very naughty. :smirk:

The Internet Archive serves millions of people each day and is one of the top 300 web sites in the world. Books published prior to 1923 are available for download, and hundreds of thousands of modern books can be checked out through the open library.
https://openlibrary.org/
https://archive.org/

7 Likes

You might like the two series by Laurell K. Hamilton, then. She has the Anita Blake, vampire hunter series and the Merry Gentry, fae series. They aren’t nonfiction or autobiographical but they are great fun in a supernatural erotica sense.

4 Likes

Bigfoots and aliens gettin’ funky??

6 Likes

More like werewolves and vampires or anything Anita can get in the sack, First few books were good then it got a bit monotonous. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

But there’s no such things as werewolves and vampires!

5 Likes

That includes Bigfoot.

I do enjoy fiction. Mostly in movie form though.

3 Likes

Anything with Handcuffs and Whips😎

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Bible-James-Version-including-Apocrypha/dp/1521009295

It has been a long long time sense I even picked up the bible. I used to be a minister. I went to Christ for the Nations Institute and Dallas Baptist University and made my living as a minister for 15 yrs or so but I got burned out and then all of my studies came crashing down around my head and I couldn’t be an Elite Christian any more.

2 Likes

If anybody’s wondering, I’m not dead, only to the world, blame @Wombatred26 for getting me into the Pendergast series.

Just finished Brimstone and straight into Dance of Death :grin:

Don’t know about werewolves, but vampires are definitely real.
They just got the story wrong, they don’t suck blood, they suck energy.
I was raised by one.
Fortunately they’re not immortal :coffin:

Back to Pendergast :wave:

10 Likes

That was a good series.

6 Likes

Red Rising series by Pierce Brown. Loved every book.

5 Likes