What books do you like to read?

Those are good reads. Worth reading more than once.

6 Likes

Oh yes! Absolutely!

4 Likes

I stumbled upon the audiofiles of a book called the Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko on YT.
3 parts, 3 different stories but intertwined.

So far no zombies, got shapeshifters though.

I also picked up a book by Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood.
There are little bookshelves on the street where people leave books that you can take with you to read.
It’s not always worth looking at but then again sometimes…

Downloaded 16 books to put on my reader. Got 4 more to find to get the series complete :grin:
At least I have something to do during the pandemic.

4 Likes

Is that, “The Reilic” and “Reliquary”?

4 Likes

That sounds very familiar. I know I haven’t read it, but somewhere…

Hope you like the Pendergast series. They’re pretty good. Personally, I don’t like the authors on a solo level, but together they’re really good (IMO)

3 Likes

It’s an old book, 1987 or something.
Description; This book is undeniably hip, full of student uprisings, free love, booze and 1960’s pop.

Not a vampire in sight :vampire:

5 Likes

Must have come across the title when researching free love and booze :laughing:

3 Likes

The movie was surprisingly good :slight_smile: I imagine the book is better!

That’s a good one! I’ve read a few of his books - always entertaining!

5 Likes

Let me know which ones you need and pm me your email address. I’ll send em to you! I have the epub files. Or I can change them to whatever format you need.

What app are you using to read them on?

If you are a fan of these types and don’t mind a LOT of sex scenes, give Laurell K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake series a try.

Let me know if you want me to send you the first one or two so you can check em out. I’d be happy to share.

Yes! Relic and Reliquary are the first two in the series.

5 Likes

There is a sequel…

5 Likes

Ah, yes, there is - I haven’t seen that one, for some reason (coulnd’t find it)! :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m finding George Orwell very relevant at the moment.

7 Likes

I really enjoyed that book :+1:

4 Likes

WHEEL OF TIME series by “Robert Jordan”

6 Likes

I can start on the Pendergast serie now, that’ll take me a while :grin:

For some reason Richard Brautigan came into my mind when I was reading Murakami.
It’s a long time ago that I read that, but I remember liking it a lot.

I would like to read those books again.

6 Likes

Loved the first few of that series. Then it got to be a bit much. I had a friend who knew Jordan and I told him there were so many books on the series. He asked me if I knew why he stopped and I said “no, why?”
His response: “he died”.

5 Likes

I enjoyed a lot of those books in the 90’s :smiley:

4 Likes

OMG, I was so heartbroken when he passed. I would love to say that I care what happened to him, and I did, but I was mostly wondering how in hell I was gonna finish the series!!! Thankfully Brandon Sanderson did a fantastic job finishing it up. I mean RJ had it mostly written, Brandon “only” had to go through his notes and put it all together. Mostly.

Oh man, one of the things I loved about the series. I often wondered how he was gonna pull it all together.

Oh how time fly’s.

Looks like that series would be awesome on Audio

6 Likes

A series I thoroughly enjoy and also got my Dad reading is The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
He is a “professional wizard” and he resides in Chicago where he investigates paranormal cases. Oh, and he’s a bad ass nerd that loves starwars and all things 80’s. There are a lot of references to all kinds of 80’s fun. So if you grew up in that era, you should enjoy these books. I mean, you should like fantasy and magic too.

7 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I thought it would be great if I could read Relic and then continue to listen to it in bed.

I always have two books going at one time, one to read and one to listen to.
It would’ve been nice if I could combine it.

I looked around on YT but it is not there :slightly_frowning_face:

I did stumble on this though, it looks interesting but I’m not sure if the timing is right :thinking: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes