What do you really hate? (II)

Never even a little flurry in the air? Wow!

Hey what’s the latest with the wildfires? Any relief in sight?

4 Likes

This Aussie is the same, never have I ever…

6 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your wife, but I suspected that clever idea came from someone with some of the problems I’m dealing with. It’s glowing with Self-Help measures to help with Activites of Daily Living :wink:. I appreciate her clever idea! Please thank her for me. :sparkling_heart:. And thank you again for passing her idea along!
I actually have Labels figured out. already, but thank you so much for offering to help out. It takes a village!

4 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be any end in sight unfortunately. They’re even using snowguns to fight the fires…

Ski resorts use snowguns in fire fight

But on a “lighter side” and in true Aussie spirit we have this…

Navy vessel on emergency beer run to fire-stricken Mallacoota

With a bit of luck we’ll get through this. Cheers :+1:

7 Likes

I hate it when it’s cold out and my batteries are to cold to get a vape and I have to wait for them to warm up before I can get a decent vape… errrgh!!!

4 Likes

I have posted some info in the Aussie Bushfire Appeal
thread for those who are interested.

2 Likes

Me neither @Dardy & @marsh8 :laughing:

Maybe we should all make a plan to go after the fires are over!!

5 Likes

Yeah, maybe we should. If memory serves me correctly, I think @woftam has a “ski season” business on the side and he might be able to fix us up with some “mates rates” on some hire gear :grin:. Used to be a pretty handy skater dude in my younger days so should be OK (hopefully) if I used a snowboard :ski:.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d like to check out the snow, thought about it a lot last few years. Don’t know how I’d go on a snowboard or ski, I was no skater dude @Dardy. Only trick I knew was how to stack it! :rofl:

5 Likes

That was my sister…

That is me :rofl:

4 Likes

@MaschelleMEcfs

Well I thought I posted it here… /facepalm
Turns out it was posted to another forum.

Anyways, I did track it down for you.
(it shows part of the stash :crazy_face: )

On the left (middle) are the acrylic nail polish trays I was talking about before.

For others (primarily guitarists) the Styrofoam trays on the right are actually old shipping crates that RCA used to ship 12ax7 tubes in (decades ago of course)!!

4 Likes

As a child i would be thrilled , As an adult it messes up progress

5 Likes

Yep!! I’m no fan.

3 Likes

Now that we don’t have as much snow as we used to get I’m really missing it. Winters are now just wet and dark and miserable and not so cold anymore. I like the additional light outside when you have snow and you can cycle better than in just wet forests. No more frozen lakes either anymore. It was good fun when we were kids. So I guess I hate winters that aren’t winters anymore.

3 Likes

The weather this time of year.

4 Likes

I really hate when I’m looking for my RDA for 20 minutes and realize it’s been sitting on my desk the entire time LOL

7 Likes

Rebuilt my RTA yesterday. When I went to wrap the coil, I couldn’t find the piece of wire I’d just cleaned. Looked in the sink, under my chair and table, everywhere I could think of.

Except for right in front of me, under the piece of paper towel that I had just used to dry said wire.

Dammit!

7 Likes

lol, you remind me of my great grandma who was looking for her glasses all day long while she was carrying them on one of those necklaces to prevent them from dropping / losing them. Signs that none of us are getting any younger :stuck_out_tongue:
And that’s what I hate, time doesn’t stop for no one.

6 Likes

I :heart: me some snow … where’s the inner kid in you??? Beautiful scenery, so much fun to take the car for a spin (literally), it makes the cold a lot more bearable too when all the moisture in the air freezes. Our usual winters are just above freezing temperatures, windy and humid and that cold goes through anything straight to your bones.
It seems we skipped winter though, it went straight from autumn to spring. Insects and other animals are coming out of hibernation already, pretty soon we’re expecting the first leaves on the trees again. I already had to chase away the first mosquitos in 2020 :astonished:

4 Likes

not here… its 35 degrees and I found my fuzzy blanket… all I need now is the snow… Where I am moving to this summer, I will be lucky is I see snow in my lifetime… so if it is going to do just that… it’s got 4 months to make a nice snow pile for me :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes