What do you really hate? (II)

well I worry about you… wish I could send you this rain here… it was nasty today!!

5 Likes

Gotta look at silver linings if it does come this way it would mean I won’t have to clean up the shed :rofl:

9 Likes

lmao… and you get a newer lab!!! :stuck_out_tongue: haha!!

5 Likes

aussie cleanup :rofl: save your back brother

7 Likes

I really hate that I can’t figure out a way to get all these new things I’m learning about, and all the flavors I’m buying, organized in my own space. I think I have about 120 flavors and just recieved an order of 58 flavors that are, for the most part, brand new to me. As yet, I need to add them to my Flavor Stash & it’s a very well organized space. … but at home I search for the flavor I own and need for a recipe for sooo long I exhaust myself and have flavors strewn everywhere. Being 99% bedridden I have a very small area that I must contain my world within… One day my kids will find me asleep under a pile of hundreds of flavor bottles, clutching my clipboard, having exhausted myself looking for that 1 elusive flavor :wink:

6 Likes

Stay safe @woftam.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stay-or-run-dilemma-for-those-in-australias-5-000-square-mile-wildfire-leave-zone-11578046886

4 Likes

I don’t know about him, but my big unit is always with me. Kinda has to be. :wink:

Hey @woftam, best of luck out there my friend, seriously. Hope the front brings relief.

6 Likes

Try this. Get a box of gallon zip-lock baggies. Put all your fruits in one, bakery item in another, drinks and tabacco in another, flavor enhancer’s in another, and so on… Label each baggie and be sure you always put them back in the correct baggie right after using them. Keep all the baggies together in a bag or case that closes and has a handle.

I have been doing this with quart sized baggies and a nice power tool zipper case to put them in. I like this system because in my mind I can quickly determine Cinnebone is a bakery item, any cream is a bakery item, apple is a fruit, WS-03 is a flavor enhancer, tea is a drink, etc. Also with the clear baggies I can often spot what I’m looking for without having to take all of them out of the baggies.

I usually store my tool bag of flavors along with hardware items in a luggage carry-on bag.

I have a separate, soft thermal lunch bag that has a handle use to keep wire, cotton, coil building kit, and stuff in currently using. It’s a grab-and-go.

9 Likes

Maybe something like this will help. Popular with diyers that don’t have room to leave their flavors out.

6 Likes

I’m on my third ‘system’. First was putting them on wall shelves, then on a desk, and now in a tall cabinet. The dang stash kept outgrowing my current solutions. I think we all feel your pain.

7 Likes

Ya the cool change came through and while there has been no rain yet. Things are better for us with the wind change - the wind change has not been so kind to others.
The Northerly then the Southerly winds did make some of the biggest fires join up making the fire line a little over 200km (125mile).

6 Likes

think nail polish racks. Purchased my first couple on ebay and they hold the 15 ml bottles nicely.

7 Likes

Jesus, man. I’ve been trying to keep up with what Australia is going through, but after going through the Camp Fire, I can’t even look at the pictures. Stay safe, brother.

9 Likes

Totally understand mate :hugs:

9 Likes

I love all the ideas offered and they will solve problems for many people! Thank you everyone for your help. :blush:
This idea, as a disabled person with motor skill issues, makes sense to my brain. I’ve been putting things in the little bags they are packages in when you recieve an order… however, they aren’t large enough to fit an entire category. But I never thought of LARGE zip lock bags! I have visual mapping issues and my fine motor skills are gone. I have tried organizing with nailpolish holders and on a nightstand top as well as in dollar store plastic “basket-style” organizers that people use in a drawer to organize items. I had 10 ml bottles in those… sitting on my nightstand for things I needed to access often. well I basically kept knocking the things over with my smooth moves. Focusing on a flavor then reaching for, grasping and retrieving a flavor that is sitting so close to other bottles has been an experience. My arms, legs, fingers and hands usually don’t do what my brain is telling them to do. lately it seems like my hand is a spiked wrecking ball plowing into my target and knocking these bottles around like bowling pins, no matter how much I try to safely arrange my flavors. They’re simply too small. I’m sure that this is a problem four others with fine motor skill issues as well.
I’m most definitely going to try your idea. the large profile of a gallon ziplock bag the ease of grasping it of where to store the bags. Thank you.

8 Likes

Have to agree! I would add that you aren’t required to assemble them. :wink:

I use these:
https://www.amazon.com/Gospire-Bottles-Acrylic-Display-Organizer/dp/B073TVMPZ9

51d3BPNlmLL.AC_SY400_ML3

Tray dimensions:
41ELI5wx0dL.AC_SY400_ML3

They work perfect for up to 30ml glass bottles.

I did not assemble mine, but rather chose to store them with the ends facing me (which I have yet to label). But it makes it SO much easier to access one flavor, while still maximizing storage area.
I’ve posted a pic of part of my stash cubby here before. I’ll have to see if I can find it. It’ll give you a better idea of what I’m talking about. :wink:

8 Likes

I bet I would still have to argue with my Doc about vaping vs clean air.

10 Likes

Really hoping for some serious rain for you!

7 Likes

Is that New York?

4 Likes

my guess is LA.

3 Likes