What do you really hate? (II)

Growing up we had probably 3 weeks a year of that (48C/120F) and I actually miss it personally. So long as it’s dry heat, I love it. Any humidity and forget it, can’t stand humid. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s coming. August here sucks. The humidity usually hits in August and by the end of September, you’re just wasted and every little thing becomes a trigger to lash out :rage:
Guess I shouldn’t complain (could be worse), but I still have to experience it, so I will :rofl:

7 Likes

And THIS is why we told everyone to STOCK UP on NIC months ago…

6 Likes

I know that someone mentioned these guys quite a while back, and although they state B2B, I thought there were rumors of possible B2C.

https://vapefreight.com/

3 Likes

Bloody hell. And I get grumpy when I’m paying £8 for a courier.

6 Likes

The government. I served on a Titan II Launch Crew in the mid-70’s. I was contacted about 7-8 years ago by a former member about my health. A long story short is the gov’t knew how very dangerous the environment was and didn’t care. I just found this on the guy’s website:

The mission of the Titan II Nuclear Missiles was based on national security not for the protection of the workers maintaining or launching them. For proof that safety was a third priority of the USAF see page 108 in the 1962 USAF Sanitary and Industrial Hygiene Engineering Symposium document. "Unfortunately, nothing is perfect in this world; while it would be most desirable that a third criterion - safety - be met, it is quite obvious that in missile system components, safety comes in a poor third, if at all. " For non-military people, keep this concept in mind as you read all the information on this website.

The Headquarters Space and Missile Systems Center, a subordinate unit of Air Force Space Command, is the center of technical excellence for developing, acquiring, fielding and sustaining military space systems. Don’t bother looking for the documents, mentioned below at their website, as they were removed since my inquiries to their authors. Under the tab, Headquarters Space and Missile Systems Center, on this website are several documents from the Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) Acquisition Health and Safety Department: US Air Force was represented in meetings to discuss technical needs for monitoring the new lower level requirements of hydrazine vapors.Technical needs number 413, under Current Cost of Process, states “Possible unfavorable legal judgments against the government due to adverse health impact to launch-site personnel unknowingly exposed to hazardous levels of hydrazines could be even higher (tens of millions of dollars)”. This statement alone should be a wake up call to all Titan II Missile Veterans of what we were exposed to versus today’s NASA and USAF UDMH lower exposure standards.

According to this guy, ex-members suffer from abnormally high rates of rare cancers and other very rare diseases. I’ve been unusually healthy my entire life so I’m lucky, but this really pisses me off.

What a bunch of assholes.

7 Likes
3 Likes

That’s a toughie. My friend and I are hoping to return to a non-profit here in Denver to play for their Friday lunches. But at present, masks are required. We’re hoping that we can start in September if the mask requirement is lifted at their agency. What’s cook is they understand how challenging it can be to sing and play harmonica with a mask and are looking forward to us returning. My friend has played Friday lunch there for more than 10 years. Now that I am semi-retired and off on Fridays, I can join him again.

3 Likes

Banks.

At 6am (BST) I found out that my cards were cancelled due to possible fraud without asking me (no phone call, text or email first).
Made me unable to make concentrate orders and had to get Amazon gift cards to complete basics.

3 Likes

Bummer. I’ve had my checking account drained 3 times, but the bank always caught it and contacted me via text and asked me to call them. Each time, my cards have to be cancelled, but they took care of it each time. Sorry for your situation.

4 Likes

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/565860-coming-soon-americas-own-social-credit-system?amp

Last week, PayPal announced a partnership with the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center to “investigate” the role of “white supremacists” and propagators of “anti-government” rhetoric, subjective labels that potentially could impact a large number of groups or people using their service. PayPal says the collected information will be shared with other financial firms and politicians. Facebook is taking similar measures, recently introducing messages that ask users to snitch on their potentially “extremist” friends, which considering the platform’s bias seems mainly to target the political right. At the same time, Facebook and Microsoft are working with several other web giants and the United Nations on a database to block potential extremist content.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I mainly shop at Bull City, VSO n Jungle flavs.Just got 23 more flavs so I’m getting up there but nothing like some people lol.150 thereabouts…I see in FB DIY groups people bragging the have 4-500 flavs etc, meanwhile their still asking how to make a basic custard or Watermelon ice or what’s the best strawberry lol…ya know,like beginner level stuff which u soon realize they’ve never made 1 recipe up but been copying n cloning recipies which there’s obviously nothing wrong with but u get a sense that they have over 400 flavors but have no clue what works with what.One kid said he’s been mixing for 3 years and he’s finally making up his first original recipe and man his flavors n percentages were all over the place and couldn’t tell what profile he was even going for.Just way too complex for someone who either learned the wrong way or just wanted to brag how many more flavs than he had than me.At the time I had like 60 flavors and could’ve Made about 25 recipes with the flavors that I had.Its not a contest dude but if you got 400 flavs and can’t make one recipe on your own ? I wouldn’t go putting someone else down cause they only have 100 flavors.I told the kid well I’ve never copied anyones recipes or cloned a recipe since the day I started( kind of a fact I’m quite proud of lol) and I’ve been mixing since NY flavor ban bout 2 yrs ago.So I think a lot of it’s from partially being able to cook or work your way around the kitchen a little bit.Or I just think some folks have no clue what works with what flavorwise.Like why would u mix 6% Graham cracker with 1% ice with root beer n energy drink​:joy: I’m no mixologist genius my no means nor am I boasting but don’t put me down about my inventory after a federal mail ban on vape gear was sprung on us and having to go spend my funds wisely on rebuildables, mods, wire, nicotine ,DIY etc while your bragging about your sub ohm tank etc and all your flavors and u can’t even make a strawberry cream or fruit medley from scratch, Idk it justs perks me there’s all these know if all attitudes in these FB groups lol.I hope in not coming off wrong guys but you know the type.Plus some poor people are still ordering ejuice thru the mail who had no idea these bans were even coming so I’m just saying…i help everyone i can ,weather its about what coils,ohms law, wire, mesh , diff atomizers n mods etc…we were all there at one time too so stop talkin smack n help people especially if u can’t even make a oneshot or even know how to use an ejuice calculator while ranking on other people.I got bills n rent etc and I can’t buy every mod or concentrate under the Sun.Im guessing their either young n live with their mom or their really short men with a gigantic truck :joy:maybe their tryna make up for something their lacking in other places lmao…Anyway god bless sorry to ramble on

10 Likes

You lost me buddy. Did I say something that offended anyone?

8 Likes

No. Nothing to do with you, other than it appears he pressed the wrong “Reply” button.

It was difficult to read, but he was talking about some knob on FB.

11 Likes

ah, ok then. I wasn’t sure.

7 Likes

Yep he’s right, I was trying start a general topic but wound up directing it you as a reply :joy: Sorry bud in still getting used to these forums, fotally want directed at you bud lol

7 Likes

No harm, no foul brother.

5 Likes

dupe

(redirected from duped )
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.

Related to duped: obstinate, inadvertently

dupe

(do͞op, dyo͞op)

n.

A person who is easily deceived or is used to carry out the designs of another.

tr.v. duped , dup·ing , dupes

To deceive (an unwary person). See Synonyms at deceive.

2 Likes

Pointlessly long meetings where mundane whinging hijacks the agenda: They make my lines verge on canyons.

meeting

3 Likes