What do you really hate? (II)

Bureaucracy and bureaucrats…with a passion.

7 Likes

I hate having to poop, because every time I look at my paper when I wipe there’s going to be blood there.

3 Likes

Wow. I’ve heard that brain bleeds are very serious. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

something like that

4 Likes

Having to get a new phone: I enjoyed a quiet and productive month without one.

3 Likes

Though opted for a Huawei in order to avoid all of Google’s bloat.

For anti-Chinese members: I’ve had a decade of getting all done under the CCP.

4 Likes

Yeah. Me. I don’t like them. But I don’t like much anyway.

2 Likes

Then I better make sure you don’t meet my wife. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Individuals sometimes are tolerable, as a country they are just scaring the shit out of me. The world designed in China is not the one I want to live in.

5 Likes

Well it’s just the fear of Winne the Pooh and the CCP. As I remind many: China has never won a war, they have no stomach for action.

2 Likes

Not because they haven’t tried. And next time, they will apply the lessons they learned in the past. And spend all the money they made with plastic crap and shitty tools.

3 Likes

Doubtful, the loss of territory is a strongly felt tradition in the Chinese psyche: Lose land and the empire falls. So any action which puts them at risk won’t be taken. They will opt for Russian salami tactics instead.

2 Likes

Well, as a German I’m familiar with salami tactics.But what the Chinese are pulling off world wide right now is not what I’d call Salami tactics. Their military has grown at a breathtaking rate, their finace sector is steps away from the edge and their human rights approach was always very medieval so no, I’m not buying the fear story.

2 Likes

Well the BRI (Belt and Road Initiative) is their main means of international influence.

The Hong Kong matter is just a mess and a bit of an own goal: HK has never managed to develop maturity in their democracy.

The main area of lunacy is the nine-dash-line: China had to option to claim the territory at the end of WWII and only made one when resources where spotted.

2 Likes

Says who? And does that justify the Chinese response? Well, I guess it depends on the point of view…

2 Likes

I think it does, I assume that my view is biased by my legal background and the pig’s breakfast of allowing Northern Ireland a degree of autonomy.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m all bias myself. Just trying to take a step backwards in the hope to get a glance at the bigger picture. No luck so far i guess.

2 Likes

I am just not looking forward to the fallout when Winnie the Pooh goes: It’ll be a mess on the scale of Mao going.

2 Likes

Judging by the size and bizarre shapes of the building, a collapse seems inevitable and promises to be spectaular.

2 Likes

Indeedy, why I want to avoid keeping too much invested in China: Just ensuring that Wifey and my step-daughter are ok while there.

2 Likes