What do you really hate? (II)

Hehe @paingawd you know what I mean. You’ve had your OWN fair share of CA issues.

I used to think that.

3 Likes

Wow, @Mikser that is actually powerful evidence, of what IS, or is NOT being shown to the Public.

I had to think on this as, it DOES sound like something, I would DEF share, but I can’t remember doing so.

3 Likes

@Mikser I hope you find out what the series was, because I think I have to watch it now !!!

1 Like

Is that a big.old oak tree on the left?plant_southern-live-oak_600x300

7 Likes

Na it is a big old gum tree (Eucalyptus)

5 Likes

According to a google picture search, it is a souther oak, located in Charleston, SC

3 Likes

This is most certainly a very old Angel Oak tree.

My guessing: it’s grown in the USA and close to the Atlantic ocean; probably somewhere in between Jacksonville, FL and Norfolk, VA. It must be beautiful in Spring.

6 Likes

I was looking forward to a break in the park after a full day of papers, only to get there and find that there’s a Halloween event! Halloween is on a Sunday this year, it’s next Sunday!

6 Likes

It could be that’s the way they normally look.
Now days who knows

5 Likes

Well with all the robes and fake beards, I thought they were taking the piss and trying to look like me.

3 Likes

Having an earpiece in for over an hour: Having to listen to The Budget and give feedback before ‘ways and means’ comes into force can get dull, though the promotion of craft British ale and cider is welcome.

For none British lawyers, ‘ways and means’ is the process of something becoming law by the end of the day it’s announced. (It only applies to taxes, charges and duties - No criminal liability can be incurred from ways and means.)

2 Likes

Having a dull case to address for a friend. Was like me going all Thompson:

3 Likes

Having a huge wizard explaining logic tends to reinforce points, even when all is said softly.

1 Like

Radio 4 finally starting to mention ‘shopping days until Christmas’ before 6:30am.

5 Likes

I hate it when my partner says she needs her cotton changed and i taste it and its bang on good and you take it apart and the cotton and coil has no gunk. All this because the vape tells her she has 1000 puffs on it :joy::joy::joy: this really grinds my gears

8 Likes

Having students who cannot grasp academic writing. I do have a Chinese wife who tests me on making her MA articles clearer, but having to repeatedly state that students are writing in tautologies and lack all clarity is tiring.

1 Like

Going through tax issues with Government departments. Though I accept that classing my legs as a charity for being ‘a site of outstanding natural beauty’ is pushing points.

3 Likes

Was attacked by a large labrador this monring. He went for my leg and I pulled away and he ripped my jeans. I kicked him the chest and twice in the head before he decided he wasn’t going to win. Got animal control on the way. The thing that pisses me off is that the owner has a fenced yard but the dog is able to slip through the gate. The same dog went after my oldest son a month ago and I was able to chase him away then. Fuck him and his owners.

6 Likes

I hope you are ok and control do their necessary task quickly. A shit owner, so I pity the dog being raised carelessly.

4 Likes

I am, thanks. I watched this dog grow from a little pup. There is a second Lab there and he seems aggressive as we walk by so, monkey see, monkey do. Georgia, dogs and me have a dubious history.

4 Likes