What do you really hate? (II)

It’s always interesting when that happens. Here in Denver, we get some pretty wide temp swings, but I wouldn’t expect that for Atlanta. WOW !!

4 Likes

Similar in St Louis.
76 just a few days ago. Today: high of 30.
Snow and ice yesterday morning.

4 Likes

I hoping the cold killed the stink bugs that came out last week…that would be a positive.

4 Likes

That this type of thing, is becoming commonplace in 2022.

My bearded dragon Riley passed away tonight :cry:

7 Likes

So sorry for your loss @NeonKoala

6 Likes

Oh no !
Those things are so cool.
You getting another?

4 Likes

Don’t discard the body, freeze it… Meat’s getting expensive.

2 Likes

Not right away, she was special. I also have a blazing blizzard leopard gecko, but with the beardie I could let her play outside the terrarium, sit on the bed and watch tv with me. If I tried that with my gecko, I’d never see him again, lol. It can be hard to bond with a reptile, so I think I’ll wait a little while.

@Lostmarbles thank you, I appreciate that

6 Likes

Ah come on @anon44012888 she was like family, the only way that would be acceptable is if we were talking about a noisy neighbor or a politician leaving pamphlets!

3 Likes

My parents both were dead at 64 1year before they should have retired. One from emphysema then other from stage 4 C.O.P.D both from beingn a couple of the heaviest smokers I’ve seen to date. My dad 75 cigarettes some day’s when he would drink. N my mother always smoked heavy. They both were told they didn’t have much time left and they STILL never told me. …it bugs me to this day, (hence) my drug abuse everywhere is trying to numb that. It doesn’t work tho. I wish I did better for them. SO to anyone who says this post isn’t about (my useage) it is about I wish they could’ve seen me now doing mixing and getting into something ELSE than what they saw. Mabye if they tried vaping I could’ve had them longer…idk

9 Likes

So far this forum has kept me the straightest I’ve been since 2011when dad passed then since 2017 since mom
So I appreciate you guys all more than you know.

9 Likes

These last two were all I had …no children can’t conceive been told that already. Once.i lost them I gave.up. all they wanted was.to be.resting at this pond they built their ashes of course but who do you think had to dig their parents graves?, it was hard…

7 Likes

There are a lot of people who think as you do. Myself included.

8 Likes

@NeonKoala It is always tough to lose a pet. They add so much to our lives and for some of us, it is losing a family member. My condolences. :cry:

10 Likes

I had two iguanas that I bought on a lark and had them for years. One was just under 4ft from nose to tail and the other was a few inches longer. They had free roam from their 50 gallon tank to anywhere in the house, but always used the sand box in their tank to do their “business”. They were always well behaved, but the male (Chowder), would get into the kitchen cabinets and knock everything over if he was left alone too long or ignored, and the female (Stinky) would always curl up with me on the bed for my body heat. My girlfriend had a huge Mastiff and we would take her on walks with the Iguanas (dressed in their finest serape and sombreros, riding on her back. It was hilarious to see people cross to the other side of the street so they wouldn’t have to pass by us.

9 Likes

That’s funny, cuz I would always call the gecko my handsome boy and the beardie my stinky girl. She also loved laying in bed watching tv :relaxed:She had a leash that had dragon wings attached to it that I thought looked cool, but she didn’t like them, lol. Unfortunately, now I have a huge 4’x2’x4’ terrarium just sitting empty. I can’t put the gecko in it, it’s too big, it will stress him out. She was spoiled. I handmade her favorite hammock (she had several, but her favorite was the one I made her). It took awhile for her and the cats to get along, but eventually they did.Thanks for sharing your reptile memories with me :hugs:

8 Likes

I miss them alot I have multiple cats buried in that yard.
The hardest was when the time came I had to sell the home I wanted to bring them with me but I was told “no, you let the dead rest” & it made so much of an impact on me. I now live 3 provinces away but I know they’re where they wanted to be.
So when I seem miserable and bitchy it’s probably because I am…I’ve seen multiple people abuse their bodies including myself and they live alot longer.

6 Likes

Put the gecko in there, it’ll make him feel like he’s out in nature

3 Likes

Wish I could, but he would get stressed out and die. But it is really nice…and vacant. Too big for a gecko, but if ur looking for a place @anon44012888 maybe I can send it up

5 Likes