What Do You Really Hate? (III)

Something is missing oh ya

9 Likes

Hehe @STR8V8PING, well now you know what I started out playing. :slight_smile:

The BEST reason to play drums !!!

8X7, 8X8, 10X8, 12X9, 13X10, 14X12, 16X16, and 14X14, w./ a 22X18, and 14X6.5 to round it out.

Too dirty now, but …

8 Likes

@STR8V8PING what color is it ?

2 Likes

Its Wine red

3 Likes

I always loved that color. The only thing I hate about Pearl is they’ll come out with a smokin’ color, sell some, then discontinue the color !!!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Iv had them for years. Since i was a teenager. They have been sitting in my storage room collecting dust for a few years. Its the birch kit

6 Likes

Love the way the wood grain comes through. Loving the birch too, and of course, the Mastercast hoops.

3 Likes

When you get your new washing machine & the side is dinged & scratched :frowning:

6 Likes

That’s cool! We all made a bamboo flute at school. We had music lessons and the teacher decided that it would be a nice thing to do.
It took a long time, but it was fun and it worked!

How different people are!
I’m always delighted when that happens. I don’t really care about the look of things, as long as they do what they’re supposed to do.
You can get a pretty good discount though. :grin:

I was chuffed when I found this. :rofl:

5 Likes

I saw someone is selling a used 45 watt Fender bass amp for 20 euros. Dropped them a line. I’ve got a 10 watt right now.
It would be nice if I could get that.

6 Likes

Very nice indeed @Josephine_van_Rijn.

3 Likes

I think some percussion band threw it away. The skin was dried out and wasn’t fitting properly, the whole thing was askew.
I took it home and soaked it in water till it was supple again and managed to put it back together.
It’s nice enough for a one woman band. :grin:

6 Likes

My son is a bass player. He said the Fender amps aren’t too hard to repair. Of course, the only thing I’ve seen him take apart is my sanity.

7 Likes

That sounds good, just make sure the speaker isn’t blown. It will cost you just as much or more to recone it or replace it.

5 Likes

The bitch is not going to send it to me. I hate people who advertise shit, with the option of having it send to you, only to end up telling you they don’t. :fu:
I can come and pick it up. I can barely walk. I’m not going to to other side of the country to pick up a cheap amp.
I know it’s a small country, but still.

4 Likes

Taking a short break (OF COURSE !!!) from the Capellas, as yesterday (Happy BIrthday !!!), I got the VID again.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, 2023, can’t be over SOON enough for me, my brothers and sisters.

@Josephine_van_Rijn it’s TOO bad, we’re (for all intense and purposes), across the world from each other, or I’d show up with a DUMP TRUCK of thinks for you to HIT !!!

4 Likes

Fender bass amps are popular, I bet you can find another. Forget her. Do you use Craigslist? I see that nextdoor.com is now in Europe. It’s a great place to find free and for sale/trade items right in your own neighborhood. I got some great deals through it.

Btw, I think it was super cool of your teacher to show you how to make a bamboo flute. Lucky you.

5 Likes

I just signed up for the Dutch nextdoor :weary:
Only to find out it is basically a neighbourhood chat group. “Did any of you hear that loud bang last night?”
It’s all along those lines.
You will have to actively ask in the chat if someone has an amp for sale.
That’s too much social interaction for me, especially since they’re living in the neighbourhood. This area is like a small village. I think I’ll pass. I’ve been looking to undo the sign up, but I don’t see anything.
I will just forget about them.

He was great. We listened to Queen’s Night at the Opera and watched Herman Hesse’s Steppenwolf.
And we made that flute. It took months!

5 Likes

You mean yours doesn’t have a classified section? That shits. When ours started out it didn’t have much either but chat. Idk why nextdoor hasn’t added that feature yet. Doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes