What Do You Really Hate? (III)

Had root canal on Wed. Prepped for 3 crowns yesterday. My portion after insurance $1000+.

Don’t fix 'em & can afford food, but can’t eat it.

Fix 'em & can eat, but can’t afford food.

Dental DISappointments indeed!

10 Likes

I could try to pull out the tooth myself before Thursday. That’ll save me around 120 :sweat_smile:
The rest I cannot do myself unfortunately.
I’m not Bob Mortimer :grin:

Shit, no extractions!

6 Likes

Even after my last 2 days, this was hilarious.

Checking Amazon now, for some Fuji 9.

5 Likes

What, no cooking island, play station chair or musical instrument? Oh, don’t forget the leather drill.

5 Likes

You have a dog. A meter or two of 30 Kanthal, and you’ll be set!

Self Extraction!

extraction

4 Likes

Oops needed the GIF version

Dog-dentist-pulls-tooth

7 Likes

I think those roots are not as deep as the permanent ones. I’m not risking it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Seeing a pic of Joel on my homepage news feed and when clicking on the link it says page no longer exists. WTF?

6 Likes

Maybe he gets banned there as well :grinning:

6 Likes

Poor Joel. I like him, he’s just Joel. I don’t see why the Joel’s of this world are not allowed to be who they are.
There is such a thing as an ignore button, but maybe to ignore is not PC any longer :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Very agreed @Josephine_van_Rijn.

3 Likes

I agree. At the time of my comment, I didn’t know he had been suspended again. It may be a honorable badge for him - it happens so frequently. I always welcome him back after his suspension is lifted, as he does have some insightful things to say and has shown a vulnerable side in between all the cringy comments.
With that said, I do think a person needs to govern themselves in the “metaverse”. There’s a lot more people around to piss off that just don’t get it, or unwilling to just pass over things. I personally don’t use the ignore button. Sometimes you miss some good stuff.

12 Likes

He’s not coming back. His suspension is permanent this time.

Neither do I, but I was just pointing it out to people who might want to :grin:

I think he has a bit of a problem with that. There something wrong with his interaction.
Some form of autism maybe?
He means well.

7 Likes

Wasn’t aware of it being permanent. I’ll miss him as I’m sure a few others will too (and others won’t). He’s been a fixture here for so long, I got used to him.

8 Likes

It’s not Autism, He has Mental Health issues.
I think Joel shared a lot of good information to the Forum. Conversely he also brought some pretty unhealthy & sensitive subject matter here.
Kind of like what most of us experience day to day in our lives. Censorship isn’t always a good thing.

9 Likes

Some of the things he posted was tasteless 100%, but a perma ban?! That sucks for him- as I feel even with his BS comments, there is a good dude deep down. I’ll miss him.

9 Likes

OK so I found the page the newsfeed was referring to. Imagine my surprise to see Joel’s picture on my home page. I’m guessing he used a fake pic or he’s Brandon Wink :wink:

7 Likes

For people who ran a forum the joels of the world is a hard case to maintain. On the one hand, they’re friends. On the other, the shit they posted would get your forum investigated by the fbi.

10 Likes

I could be mistaken but for as long as I’ve been here I don’t think Joel has ever used a real pic of himself. I did spot him over on the VC forum tho.

7 Likes

Yeah you’re probably right. I do recall him using a few different pics over the years. :disguised_face:

6 Likes