What Do You Really Hate? (III)

O-M-G !!! That’s a helluva tree. Thank the heavens you were not in that shed. My shed got demolished by a runaway dump truck.

4 Likes

@TimWV I couldn’t zoom in on your pic while mobile, but now I can. Wow, looks like it laid right down in the middle of your shed.

4 Likes

Screw it, what else do we have to do, right ?

Tim, I was scouring around some of our, “Wait, a tree did what” pics.

The BEST thing, in our case, was I was 3.5 hours away when it hit, wife called panicked, I started (3.5 hours) to race home through the storm. Luckily I had a GREAT tree guy, who was ON SITE within 15 minutes, trying to take the weight off of the roof joists/trusses.

And, in the end, he didn’t think the Tundra could upright the “base” so we could continue cutting the rounds …

Hang in there Tim, and Godspeed on the repairs. Sorry to hear about your recent “policy changes”.

6 Likes

I remember that! Is everything in order now?

3 Likes

Yes @muth, thank you… I didn’t mean to obfuscate @TimWV’s very current situation. I don’t think he was around when we went through it, so I figured I’d just commiserate with him, maybe even make him laugh a bit.

4 Likes

The tractor, the leaf rake attachment, the wagon, and several other tools were flattened! As @muth said, that’s a hell of a tree! The tree guy came today to give estimate and said it was easily 200-300 years old, it was a beautiful Red Oak, home to many squirrels, birds, and at one time hosted a family of Owls for a couple of years.
Going to have to cut some hickory’s and a big black walnut tree that were damaged.
Oh yeah, it also took out most of the garden I just finished planting several days prior.

5 Likes

Can’t believe you used that word. It’s my friend’s favorite. She picked it up from all the politicians trying to dodge their questions :rofl:

3 Likes

I believe I had just joined the forum when that happened. And it doesn’t do any good to cry so laugh it is and gives thanks no one was injured and there was no damage to the house!

3 Likes

1 Like

Man, very sorry to hear that @TimWV.

2 Likes

Wow. I assume you burn, because if so, some good burnin’ wood there.

Ahhhh Jesus.

2 Likes

Hehe @muth. No politics I swear LOL.

2 Likes

@TimWV feel free to NOT answer any of the above, but was wondering was there widespread damage down in your area ?? Lots of possible claims ?? I hope not, so as to allow you for a SPEEDIER insurance adjuster arrival, quotes, bids, and restoration start date(s).

2 Likes

That’s one positive that comes from this, I just put in a Quadrafire Expedition 2 insert last year!

3 Likes

1 Like

Another thing I hate :rage: take a look at this order I just placed, specifically the Condensed Milk (PUR) notice anything stupid I may have done? :laughing: 🫨

3 Likes

an accidental 2 X 30ml?

4 Likes

Hehe, no he has a nice even 180ml enroute !!!

5 Likes

Oh, I didn’t see the 4oz one down further… :rofl:

Should keep you busy for a while @TimWV

5 Likes

Gonna have to get creative with some condensed milk recipes :rofl::crazy_face:

6 Likes