What Do You Really Hate? (III)

Elevated pad was the plan. I also got a quote to put in a granite curb wall along my property line and grade the lawn up to it. This however, was going to be beyond my means right now. Besides, I was told that I shouldn’t pay a dime to do what the liable owner on the other side should be doing. He was issued a warning by the city to install a proper drainage system. A rep from the Mayor’s Office also spoke with him but I don’t have any dates or further information. Supposedly, other residents have complained besides me.

5 Likes

Well Hell, THAT would do wonders. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, and it would do wonders if he actually fixed his drainage system in the parking lot. The drainage contractor described to me what he needed. Once he does that I might not need to do anything on my side, although I’ve fantasized building a 20 ft sound wall :rofl:

4 Likes

@muth
Have a Blessed Birthday!

6 Likes

It must’ve escaped me. Congrats @muth :tada:

I hate Ursula. This is Minority Report in action.

:nauseated_face:

5 Likes

If we give these fucks another chance, we deserve to be fried.

5 Likes

No, I don’t. I was just looking at a shed made with LP SmartSide siding. It sounds pretty good but have you seen it or known anyone who used it?

3 Likes

No problem dear. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

3 Likes

Omg!..They allowed that to be publicized? Or was it a leak?

3 Likes

@muth not around this area, but it looks like a typical engineered solution.

2 Likes

Typical yes, up until the 50 yr warranty. I’ll be dead by then, lmao.

2 Likes

Louisiana-Pacific (LP) Inner-Seal siding, produced from 1985–1995, was the subject of a major class-action lawsuit in 1996 due to manufacturing issues. Homeowners reported problems such as cracking, swelling, discoloration, rotting, and mold and fungus growth. The lawsuit was open to anyone with LP siding installed before 1996, and by the time it closed in 2002, LP had paid out over 129,000 warranty claims and nearly $1 billion. In response, LP re-engineered the product and now markets it as LP SmartSide.

5 Likes

@Muth the first house i bought had LP siding and the bank almost nixed the sell , it wss first time buyers loan so they were strict . Hardie over LP

4 Likes

It was a speech she publicly gave so… They don’t bother to hide much any longer.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Rest in Pieces little buddy.

5 Likes

Looks like it been through a war

3 Likes

Oh boy, I know that feeling. I’m sorry she got so injured. I hope everything works out and she’s back in the saddle soon! I’m just regaining my confidence from my fall last year…it’s taken me all this time to even bring myself to go faster than a trot. My trainer finally just made me lol Thank god someone knows how to push me without me getting mad. :crazy_face: Best wishes for your wife! Hopefully it was just a spook that resulted in the fall!!

7 Likes

But the Charon still lives

4 Likes

Oooorah !!!

Gotta see how many SteamCrave Supremes I actually have left in the vault now …

5 Likes