What do you use for measuring?

As it saysā€¦ Syringes or scales.? And why.

I use Syringes for now but have ordered a 0.01g scale as I hate washing those pesky syringes :triumph:

3 Likes

Scale. No muss, no fuss. Never have to worry about syringes or any measuring. Youā€™ll never regret converting to weight mixing.

5 Likes

Have started using scales but most of my flavors have bottle tops rather than droppers so still have to use syringes. Think next time I go to buy will have to ask the diy flavors guy (Kelly) to use drip style bottles for me.

3 Likes

I had that issue, but purchased a bunch of small plastic bottles with drip tips and just transferred to them.
Before I purchased the plastic bottles, I was just using some pipettes to drip with. Easier than syringes.

5 Likes

Did that with my nic, might have to do with all. Lol will double the amount of bottles in my cabinet

4 Likes

I started with syringes. And after talking to some wonderful new family members on here. Yes yall are like family without the fighting lol. Everyone was saying use a scale. I got it in a week ago. And yes im still new to this diy thing. But i found the scale is so much easier and less mess. And the flavor is ao much better. Now i have the big bottles and the drip tip bottles. Just donā€™t have a lot to work with. But anyway. I still use the syringes on the big bottles. But i still find it so much easier. You wonā€™t regret getting the scale. Happy vaping

6 Likes

I use scales and as for dispensing I use these caps which I purchased at FlavorWest.com. This will work nicely for those who use 4oz to 16oz bottles of flavorā€¦

7 Likes

I use a scale for VG/PG and flavours. I use syringes for my nic, Iā€™m afraid Iā€™d have an accident and dump too much in.

3 Likes

Actually, I do this too. Itā€™s just too easy to overshoot your mark and I would rather not do that with nicotine. Wonder how many others do this tooā€¦

3 Likes

Yup Iā€™ve done that with my nic. So use the syringe. But i still watch my wight as well.

2 Likes

I transfer Nic from the litre I recieve into smaller 240ml glass bottles and put in the freezer. I then transfer from the freezer into a 30ml glass bottle with dripper for everyday use.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve also recently made the switch to scale for mixing. I donā€™t miss washing syringes at all. :smile:

Got a couple glass droppers that are very easy to wash for the ingredients that arenā€™t already in dropper bottles.

I also mix my cold storage (100mg) nic down to 15mg for mixing (and this sits at room temp), so Iā€™m not worried about ā€œovershootingā€ but Iā€™ll probably continue to work with syringes (since I have so many left over!) when doing that prep step.

2 Likes

I have a few scales, i almost never use them. I am very much a creature of habit, i started with pipettes/syringes/graduated cylinders and i still use them.

4 Likes

Started with syringes. Then read on here about scales. Made the switch glad I did. Have several glass dropper to use when needed. Easy to clean. Still have a large bag of pipettes. Use to transfer nic to drip bottle. Got a large bottle for vg from Amazon

2 Likes

What kind of scale
I have one here I can do mail, gold jewlery . But donā€™t understand the concept of measuring liquid perfectly. Is there a link to these scales .
Thanks
Karen

1 Like

If you can do mail or jewelry you should be good. If it can read .01 you are set. Then go to preferences on recipes and set it to grams. Put empty bottle on scale and zero it out. Add each ingredient to desired wt. Then zero scale and do next ingredient. Until all are added. The driper bottles work best. Hope this helps. Sometimes my instructions are not clear.

1 Like

I think most DIY ejuice is being mixed on one of these two scales:

American Weigh LB501: http://amzn.com/B005UGBG20
Etekcity 500g: http://amzn.com/B00QFCG5ZQ

I went with the Etek and have 0 complaints. But like Chuck said, if you can measure hundredths of a gram, you can just use what you already have.

Hereā€™s a nice video tutorial. He even uses this site in the video. Very well explained IMO, but let us know if you have any questions! How to Use an eJuice Calculator and Mix with a Scale (DIY E-liquid Tips for Beginners) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnqKrlSgQO8

2 Likes

Those dispenser caps of yours ringling are awesome! I use them for my pg/vg & also for my nic - I find it easy to control the flow - Iā€™ve never ODā€™d the nic (ā€¦well, maybe by .01 once or twice, but that aint gunna kill any one!). Using a syringe with nic, i worry that iā€™m going to knock the bottle over in the process - had a very close call once! NO possibility of that drama with these caps - just gotta take it easy.

3 Likes

not sure if you have noticed, but those tips dont screw down all the way and if you screw down too far, they become askew, causing a minimal amount of leakingā€¦
i have found replacement caps for those bottles at Cathousevapor.com that screw on better and cause zero leakageā€¦they also have caps for the rest of your bottles with regular caps, including those 30ml bottles from wizardlabs that are the oddest sizeā€¦
trust meā€¦i plan on doing a review on the tips that Cathouse has to offer, because they really are THAT nice and have altogether eliminated leaks and the use for pipettes, but i have so little timeā€¦
EDIT: @vonTrueso could benefit from this as wellā€¦

2 Likes

I think it was the first or second time I used mine, I recognized the possibility of that happening so I only open a 1/4 turn or so - no probs w leaking thus far. That said, on closer inspection, although exactly the same principal, mine appear to be a slightly different design - perhaps thats where Iā€™ve been lucky.
Stop pressā€¦Just been to cathouse. I could only find 2 sorts of caps ā€¦are you referring to these?.. (you couldnt be referring to the other ones)

Coz these are what Ive got (except mine are white). Brilliant IMO!
If you dont mean these, Iā€™d be very interested to read your reviewā€¦ when, or ifā€¦

4 Likes